Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Belle Plagne creche

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any local knowledge of childcare options for a 9month old baby in Belle Plagne?
We are staying in Belle Plagne for new year and the nursery have said they don't think they will open this season. Is there another creche or just the one? The only other option is to travel to Plagne center to put him in the creche there, how long would this take and is it a bus or gondola? I have booked my older girls into ski school in belle plagne in the afternoons, but if the baby is going to be in plagne center is it a long distance away and am i better trying to rebook the girls into esf in plagne center too? Sorry for all the questions just so hard with no local knowledge of the area.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Might be better posting this in the La Plagne thread on the snow reports bit.

Plagne centre would be the Gondola to Bellecote then Navette probably 45 mins or so depending on bus wait ( every 15 mins )
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It will be a long journey for this unless you drive
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DId you try this one: https://www.laplagne-tarentaise.fr/enfance/petite-enfance/halte-garderie-flocons-et-petits-pas-belle-plagne/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@katie1985, welcome to snowHeads. First, I'd recommend checking recent reviews about the standard of care in the 'municipal' La Plagne centre creche, if that's the one you're thinking about. I'm going back a long time but our experience was it was very poor. To be specific, seemingly inexperienced very young staff, inadequate staff:child ratio, babies in the same general area (one large room) as 6 and 7 year olds running around uncontrolled. We were not over-fussy protective parents by any stretch of the imagination. The care there fell way short of acceptable and after 3 days we spent the rest of the week taking turns to ski/childmind.

I hope you can find one in Belle Plagne.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all of the advice, does anyone know if we maybe able to rent a car in resort to drive between belle plagne and la plagne center?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@katie1985, We stayed in Belle Plagne with Ski Esprit on two occassions and they were expensive but excellent Child Care. I wouldn't want the hassle of travelling beteween BP and Plagne Centre. You may actually be better off splitting Child Care duties between you by the time you've gone backwards and forwards. You could also try one of these companies whose childcare folks come to you:

http://www.safehandsfrance.com/paradiski%20nanny%20services%20child%20care.html
https://www.seelaplagne.com/childcare/alpine-child-care-649663

I think the lesson identified here is to get the childcare sorted for next year first and cost be damned.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The hotel formerly used by Ski Esprit (as their flagship hotel), in Belle Plagne, was a good modern standard and very well located.
It seems to have been taken over by another company now...
https://www.mmv-holidays.co.uk/en/hotel-club-ski-belle-plagne-les-2-domaines
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@katie1985, I doubt you can rent a car in resort but if you could it would be very expensive.
Rental cars are best value (though a lot more expensive than a couple of years ago) from and back to airports.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks so mu h, we are in a self catered chalet and I orgnfnaosed the nurseey ages ago it's only now they have told me they won't open for the season. The airport is totally out of hire cars so we arw getting a private transfer. I guess we will just do the nursery drop and then ski around plagne center. Thanks for all of your help.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy