Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Junior Racing and/or Freestyle Training in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for an English speaking ski racing or freestyle club in Austria for my son (U10 age group). We live in Graz, but he's a British citizen and fluent in English. While there are plenty of local Austrian clubs, I was thinking something British might also be interesting. He's been skiing for four seasons now and quite handy. He trained last year with a local club and did well, winning his age group race in the end of season club championship. He's also interested in freestyle skiing and can't make up his mind if he wants to race or do tricks.

Ideally such a club, organisation or school would be somewhere like Schladming or Kreischberg, maybe Obertauern, but not too far west which would make travel more challenging. I've made enquiries with Team Evolution (Radstadt) and Precise Racing (Schladming). I'm also aware of Ambition Racing, but they might be slightly too far west.

Any other thoughts or options worth considering?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.alpineraceacademy.com might be worth a look....

Run by my old boss and he is keen on gymnastics and freestyle
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that, much appreciated. Looks good in that they're multi-discipline. Although, it wasn't clear from their website where they hold their Austrian based events. I've dropped them an email to ask for more details.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.excelraceacademy.co.uk/ might be based too far west?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you. Yes, I did find Excel and thought they were a bit far away from me, but certainly an option if nothing else works out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Team Evolution racing, I was in the same hotel as them at the British champs. The guy who ran it was real decent and the kids all well turned out and took plenty of podiums.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Evolution use Radstadt don't they, @flangesax could probably confirm that.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep, Evolution are based in Radstadt but train all over the place.

My input would be to keep local if he is enjoying the racing and training. Then maybe book him in to a few of the group sessions and courses at somewhere like Absolut school in Flachauwinkl.

You can't beat a solid base training even if you turn to the twisty side wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At u10 level all of the above clubs are live out, namely a parent has to stay with the child in some kind of local accommodation. They kids will then ski 6 days a week, in the mornings and do school work in the afternoon, supervised by tutors. Most of the clubs mentioned are full-time, although at u10-u12 you can pick and choose which weeks you want to do. The English school holidays and weeks before the English and British champs being the most popular weeks, when there is also a number of other clubs that only do those weeks. (eg. Kandahar, Uniq)
At u10 the focus will be on improving all around ski technique, with lots of freeriding and freestyle and less gate training than you'd imagine for race clubs. Most English kids have done a lot of racing in the UK in domes and on dry slopes, but lack overall skiing skills in the mountain, so those skills are concentrated on.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've heard back from both Evolution and Precise now with informative responses. I also had a very good chat with Ross from Alpine Race Academy yesterday.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
phillc wrote:
I also had a very good chat with Ross from Alpine Race Academy yesterday.

If you go with Ross tell him he owes Scott a beer for the referral Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy