Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easyjet Cancellations

Poster: A snowHead
The bar stewards have just cancelled our return flight (18th Jan, Geneva to Newcastle), which has been booked for months.

There are no alternatives as GVA - NCL is only twice a week, so now stuck with cancelling/rearranging airport hotel, parking and GVA car hire and rearranging it all from Manchester.

A total carry on and and absolute pain in the @r$€ rolling eyes And an apology is as good as it gets from good old easyjet.

Has anybody else had easyjet flights cancelled?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Our February flights from Edinburgh to Venice cancelled by EasyJet yesterday. Have re-booked with Ryanair to Treviso on the same dates.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This kind of thing is putting me off booking with them. It was a toss up between EJ from Luton or BA from LHR. I think I’ll plump for the latter even though it’s a few quid more.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes our Jan flights EDI - ven were cancelled and we had to rebook via MAN. Bit annoying but I still love EasyJet for what they have achieved for affordable travel….with dignity.
Also reminds us of the advantages of package holidays.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Edinburgh to Venice cancelled for us too. Have now booked Ryanair to Treviso. Not too surprising as they did the same last year with our return flight. Only flew on Fridays. This is even worse as they cancelled both. Not starting schedule till April. Fingers crossed Ryanair keep flying.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timmycb5 wrote:
This kind of thing is putting me off booking with them. It was a toss up between EJ from Luton or BA from LHR. I think I’ll plump for the latter even though it’s a few quid more.

I've booked with BA from LGW this year, since they were basically the same price as EJ when baggage is included, and why would I ever fly EJ when BA is the same price. If you've not already, look at BA's flights from LGW, they're usually a bit cheaper than LHR, but when I booked this year the LHR flights were significantly more expensive.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@zaphod424, cheers. I’ll take a look.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is terrible…yet again. What are they offering in terms of refunds and compensation?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PeakyB wrote:
This is terrible…yet again. What are they offering in terms of refunds and compensation?

Doesnt matter what they think they can get away with - this is what they HAVE to do;

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@GreenDay, so far in advance they only have to refund or offer an alternative
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Nothing!! They don't give a toss...

What happens now?
We’ve got three options available for you – please have a look at them and choose the one that suits you best.

1. You can switch to another flight for free.

2. You can get a voucher for the full value of your booking. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and give you the flexibility to book travel anywhere on our network.

3. You can get a refund for the full value of your booking. Refunds will be paid to the account you made the booking with. We’re processing refund requests within 7 days, and they may take a few extra days to come through to your bank account.

The easiest and quickest way to choose the option you’d like is by logging into your booking using our mobile app or through Manage Bookings on our website.

Once again, we’re really sorry for this change to your travel plans.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mountainaddict, they've offered everything they are required to. Giving a toss or not doesn't come into it
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Exactly, they've fulfilled their legal obligations, and nothing more.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
they've offered everything they are required to. Giving a toss or not doesn't come into it
I don't disagree. Some companies try to go the extra mile in terms of customer service. easyjet, however, make no attempt to even go an extra inch. Flights are cancelled willy nilly with impunity, just because they can.

It's just so disappointing that customer service amounts to 'Sod them, they can like it or lump it.' Some form of discount (however small) on a future booking surely wouldn't bring the company to its knees - but would create goodwill among customers.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@mountainaddict, I'm not aware of any other airline that would do more than what is required
snow report
@holidayloverxx, I tend to agree with you. However, I do think easyJet have been particularly bad re. cancelling flights over the past couple of years. Ryanair have been more reliable over this period.

If you fly from one of the big London airports than cancellations may be less of a problem as there are usually alternatives. That's not the case with smaller airports.

I used them for three trips this year and every single one had a time change or cancellation.

Last January easyJet messed around with my Edinburgh to Geneva flight THREE times - moving the time by several hours twice, and then changing the date. This meant I had to cancel and rebook accommodation, and also mucked up other logistics as it was a multi-base trip.

In March they cancelled my Malpensa to Edinburgh flight without notifying me. I was stuck in Italy for an extra night, having to miss a rather important work commitment.

In September they changed the time of my Edinburgh to Madrid flight, and also changed the return flight. Fortunately didn't adversely affect me that time.

As for next year - my Edinburgh to Malpensa flights have already had their times changed (in both directions).

easyJet used to have the advantage of a generous cabin bag allowance, but they recently scrapped this, which means Ryanair now tends to undercut them on price as well.

Unfortunately easyJet have more useful flights to the Alps from Edinburgh, so I still tend to end up using them Sad

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 10-11-22 21:46; edited 2 times in total
latest report
What ever happened to Stellios?
snow report
@mountainaddict, that rebooking for free is quite valuable.... certainly let me get Half term flights for 2022 using my 2021 cancellation.

Also as long as the take off and landing country is the same, you can switch airports.

Even then my sister manage to get them to switch their cancelled Gatwick to Munich flights to Gatwick to Innsbruck. That was via the phone (they were only a couple of weeks before travel so that may have helped!)
snow conditions
@denfinella, I don't disagree
snow report
Quote:
I'm not aware of any other airline that would do more than what is required
Dear me!! rolling eyes Who said there is Puzzled I've already agreed with you earlier! I'm merely trying to highlight how p***** off I am that:

1.They all pretend to care about customers (eg easyjet used to invite emails directly to the CEO) - but it's really all just lip service.
2. Having booked everything months ago, I now have the inconvenience, annoyance and expense of rearranging travel from an airport an extra 90 miles away, plus revised car hire, airport parking and potentially an airport hotel.
ski holidays
Didn't BA a few months ago cancel lots of flights for this upcoming winter period? Just wondering what availability there will be on the flights that are still scheduled.
snow report
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
I'm not aware of any other airline that would do more than what is required
Dear me!! rolling eyes Who said there is Puzzled I've already agreed with you earlier! I'm merely trying to highlight how p***** off I am that:

1.They all pretend to care about customers (eg easyjet used to invite emails directly to the CEO) - but it's really all just lip service.
2. Having booked everything months ago, I now have the inconvenience, annoyance and expense of rearranging travel from an airport an extra 90 miles away, plus revised car hire, airport parking and potentially an airport hotel.

I don't disagree but you appear to have an unrealistic expectation that they should 'go the extra mile'
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
@GreenDay, so far in advance they only have to refund or offer an alternative

According to that link I posted from Martin Lewis site if they cancel this is not quite the case.

I should say that I know people who were bumped of an EJ flight to Italy this year, quite far in advance, and were rebooked via (far more expensive) alternate airline flights...............

snow conditions
@GreenDay, they were lucky. Your link says exactly what I said.. refund or alternative
snow conditions
jimmybog wrote:
Didn't BA a few months ago cancel lots of flights for this upcoming winter period? Just wondering what availability there will be on the flights that are still scheduled.

Yes and no. Happy

They cancelled flights but this is just the silly BA admin. EG if the aircraft changes from a Airbus 320 to a 321 (which has a different seat config) then they cancel the flight and offer you another. However, the BA IT is so crap they offer you a flight at a different time. I was on a flight that got in to VCE for the BB2023 at 16.40. It was cancelled (aircraft change) and they offered me the next available (after 16.40) which was 20.30.

But I knew there was a change and to look earlier. Guess what?????? The new faster plane was landing at 16.30. AND you had to phone up to arrange it. PITA but not really a cancellation.
ski holidays
And yet you still choose to use them....
latest report
@holidayloverxx, Aye, but the point I was making was that - unlike what EJ said to @mountainaddict, below

1. You can switch to another flight for free.

2. You can get a voucher for the full value of your booking. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and give you the flexibility to book travel anywhere on our network.

3. You can get a refund for the full value of your booking. Refunds will be paid to the account you made the booking with. We’re processing refund requests within 7 days, and they may take a few extra days to come through to your bank account.

Where they seem to imply that all you can get is one of their alternative flights - if one exists - the truth is that there exists an obligation to reroute you on another airline regardless of cost to them.............but they dont say that in the options above (quelle surprise).

This is 100% what happened to my friends - they were not lucky, they knew the law and persisted.
snow report
@GreenDay, ah..i see
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

EG if the aircraft changes from a Airbus 320 to a 321 (which has a different seat config) then they cancel the flight

No they don't. They won't cancel a flight for an aircraft change, they'll just change the aircraft. I've had several flights say they would be an A320 for eample and turn out to be an A319, or A321 to 320 etc. I even once had a flight that said it would be a 747 when booked (back when they were still flying) but we ended up on a 777. None of those flights were cancelled and rebooked, they just changed the plane without notice (as they are entitled to do per their Ts&Cs).

What they are cancelling are extra flights that they can't fill, so rather than flying 3 2/3 full flights on a day, they'll fly 2 full flights, which means cancelling one of the 3 and rebooking those passengers onto the other 2, and those other two may happen to be different planes to the one that was cancelled, or maybe they change the planes they use for those two so they can fit all the people being rebooked. You're right that it's not really a cancellation since you'll still be flying on the same day (and these make up a significant portion of BA's cancellations).

They won't cancel a flight to change plane because they don't have to, they can just change the plane as they see fit, when you book they tell you the aircraft but they give no guarantee that you will actually be on that aircraft. Cancelling means they have to offer a refund, which they don't want to do as it risks losing revenue if people choose to refund. It's worth it when they do a rescheduling from 3 planes to 2 though, as most people will choose to rebook onto the other flights, and the risk of a few passengers opting for refunds is less than the money saved by operating one less flight
ski holidays
Whitegoldsbrother wrote:
Is that for me? Why I use BA is if there is an issue then there is normally a flight earlier or later that day or they can put me on a partner airline. With low cost carriers the next flight is often two days later so you end up stuffed.
latest report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
Whitegoldsbrother wrote:
Is that for me? Why I use BA is if there is an issue then there is normally a flight earlier or later that day or they can put me on a partner airline. With low cost carriers the next flight is often two days later so you end up stuffed.

I thought the regulation was if they cancel they have to rebook/reimburse you for a flight to get you there as soon after your planned arrival as possible, whichever carrier that is? On the low-cost ones you may have to book yourself and claim it, but the rule’s the same, isn’t it?
snow conditions
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
Why I use BA is if there is an issue then there is normally a flight earlier or later that day or they can put me on a partner airline. With low cost carriers the next flight is often two days later so you end up stuffed.

Agreed. I've had dozens of BA flight cancellations and changes, but never failed to get to my destination within a few hours of original plan.

I can also echo your experience with aircraft change = flight number change = "cancellation". I think what often happens is that flight consolidation means a 319 changes to a 320/321 and then the whole schedule is rejigged with the result being a flight time similar/identical to the original, but under a new flight number, which to BA's computer is a cancellation.

I'm pretty sure that whenever it's happened to me, I've had the option to select a new flight (for the same date/route) on the app with no need to call. I've only needed to call if I want to move it e.g. from May 2021 to Feb 2022.
snow report
@andy from embsay, Yes the rules are the same. If it is <14 days before the flight the LCC's have to put you on the flight of your choice. >14 days they can cancel and offer you a refund or an alternative (your choice which). Same as a major carrier. Absolutely no difference.

However, if it is a busy period and they cancel with >14 days to go, e.g. 15 days to go (quite common recently) you are left with taking a flight and missing 2 days of the holiday or taking a refund and trying to get a flight at the last minute and usually at a crazy price from other airlines.

With major carriers LuftHansa, KLM, BA etc they usually have a few flights to your destination on the same day to swap into. So inconvenient but not something that will cost you £££.
snow conditions
@snowdave, Exactly. But I had to call for this exact consolidation issue for the BB flight.

A couple of years ago the Easyjet Bristol flight was cancelled at the last minute and a few SH's had to switch to the LGW-VCE flight. I was monitoring it and the price went up from £100 to £350 one way from LGW-VCE. From LHR it ended up at £550 one way as loads of people scrambled from the EZY flight onto BA.

I remember it well because I had about 400,000 AVIOS at the time and strangely there was AVIOS availability on the LGW and LHR flights so I offered if anyone was stuck. Another benefit of BA (and Nectar/Card points) is you can get AVIOS flights cheap. My GLA-LHR-VCE return for the BB is £70 (for 4 flights).
snow conditions
@GlasgowCyclops, ah, I see what you mean, was forgetting the >14 days issue. I had a few EJ flights cancelled/changed in the last 18 months or so but none that were terribly inconvenient - we had an evening flight changed to lunchtime on the day we were watching the MTB worlds so we switched to the day after but other than that nothing too bad.
ski holidays
@zaphod424,
Quote:

What they are cancelling are extra flights that they can't fill,

Not in the case that @GlasgowCyclops, was referring to, and nor in my own - which involves the same route but different weeks.

They changed the flight to several hours later, whilst reinstating the original flight time under a different number. To change back online would have involved an additional cost, but the change was free via telephone.
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@andy from embsayHowever, if it is a busy period and they cancel with >14 days to go, e.g. 15 days to go (quite common recently) you are left with taking a flight and missing 2 days of the holiday or taking a refund and trying to get a flight at the last minute and usually at a crazy price from other airlines.
Are you sure you can't oblige the LCC to pay the extra cost for a different airline? That's what the MSE article seems to say, in the dropdown "Am I entitled to a new flight on an alternative airline?" This is in the part that covers cancellations more that 14 days before the flight. It says:

Quote:
EU flight delay law says passengers whose flights have been cancelled must be offered "re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity".

It doesn't define what "earliest opportunity" means, but the Civil Aviation Authority said: "It is our view that passengers should be re-routed on the same day as their original flight and via the same route, but where this is not possible, their airline should instead identify alternative re-routing options which minimise the disruption to the journey plans of affected passengers. This could include travel with a different airline."
snow report
@koru, you’re right. The 14 day thing is for compensation- according to MSE you are entitled to rerouting whenever the cancellation occurs.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
@GreenDay, they were lucky. Your link says exactly what I said.. refund or alternative

I disagree. They weren't "lucky." They were re-routed, which is what (according to the regulations posted above) Easyjet should offer more clearly. Instead they are quite cleverly not explicitly advising customers of their right to be re-routed with a different airline - but instead implying that an alternative EJ flight is the only alternative flight option available. Sad
snow report
@Bergmeister, acknowledged above
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy