Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain Huts - Val Gardena… can you drive in winter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Silly question I know, but we have a little one who isn’t skiing yet. If one of us ski’d to some of the huts that appear to have road access (Baita Ciadinat for instance) and the other drive the kiddo with our ski gear, could we park at the hut and use it as a base for the afternoon skiing a run or two while the other hangs with the baby slope side? Google Maps says it’s possible but I don’t always trust, wanted to inquire if anyone has first hand knowledge here? Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not so sure that particular hutte is accessible during the winter. You could drive to Plan de Gralba and park up there though
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Schmoyer, I think you can drive up to Monte Pana and ski from there. Also I think the road from Ortisei up to the Baita Pauli on the lower end of the La Longia red piste from Seceda will be open.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Definitely Monte Pana and Plan Gralba have cleared roads and plenty of parking, as well as skiing. Another place, although not convenient, is the far (eastern? northern?) end of Alpe di Siusi, although that would require a long drive down from Val Gardena to access.

I'd suggest Monte Pana on a sunny day. Another great spot is Baita Ciampac to the far skiers' right at the base of the Dantercepies area. You could park at the restaurant and take the short Ciampac lift up to access the larger Dantercepies area. There's plenty of space for hanging out in the sun.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy