Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Amazing' Summer conditions in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hintertux Glacier
Over a meter of snow has fallen on the Hintertux glacier so far this June and the past week has seen temperatures as low as -14C....
One lucky snowHead who was there last week said he was skiing in 60CM of powder just a few days ago: "Of course when the sun comes out, the temperatures go shooting up" he added.
Locals have been saying that they don't remember ever having such conditions in June.

Hintertux

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
admin, wow, Austria seems be to blessed with snow for both winter and summer.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're going to be in Austria for our summer hols last week of July this year, not a million miles away from Hintertux. Could well take a day trip there ... does anyonw know if the glacier will be open at that time, also if it will be possible to rent skis/boots etc as not going to take them from Blighty for just for a day. ta.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's OK it's OK, a quick look at the H'tux website and all was revealed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
masmith, for renting skis boots, there is Nenner sport which is situated at the top of the second gondoler at Tuxer Fernerhaus (and also at the top and bottom of the first gondoler. If you have kids, it is cheaper to hire with the other shop in the centre of the resort as they give children's discounts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, thanks, spotted Nenner sport on the website. Think we'll turn up one day and play it by ear, as long as we know we can rent the stuff then we'll make the journey. Will need skis for my eldest ( 8 ) so thanks for the tip about the resort shop.

I've heard that a lot of the time the area is occupied by race teams etc, are there any particularly busy days to avoid, i.e. weekends ? I also guess that we'd want to ski morning only, would imagine things would get a bit slushy later on ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
masmith, I have only been there three times (Aug 05, Nov 05, and May 06), but I haven't seen race teams there on those occasions.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro, You didn't look very carefully last month, there were plenty of race teams there.

There was more space left for recreational skiing than there is in Tignes though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy