Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PdS Pricing Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

To those in the PdS know, a Q about pricing. After much umm-ing and ahh-ing, we're going to PdS in January for 2 weeks at the Les Gets end. We're driving, so can get abour the other resorts if the Mont Chery end makes transits too long.

My Q: would the different PdS resorts have differing pricing for a whole Portes des Soleil ski pass? It seems odd, but that's what we seem to be finding. If the answer is 'yes, they do that', then obvs we'll buy the cheapest. But it seems odd...

13 day old git price on the Morzine page, E450; and E383 on the Les Gets page. WTHIH?

Ta

CG
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Les Gets site offers an early bird discount of 15% if you book before the 15th Nov, which would account for the difference.

I should imagine after that the prices will align.

Can I ask what you mean by the Mont Chery end also? Getting to Mt Chery lifts from the main Chavannes lift is a doddle. You can walk it in about 5 mins or there is land train that runs all day long. Did you mean the transit from Morzine to super Morzine?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Timmycb5, Your answer makes sense, Ta.

Mont Chery end: we're ABnB-ing near l'Encrenaz, and starting the day going up the Chery-Nord chair, then down off the top of Mont Chery to Les Gets. via the Chamois red. Hope that makes sense.

CG
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Charliegolf, I get €383 on the ski-morzine and SERMA (Avoriaz) sites. I think the 15% discount applies across all the resorts.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Charliegolf, have a look at the Black Friday offer (6 days for the price of 3) for selected dates in January. It might not work out given the length of your trip and the senior element, but worth checking!

There are also Saturday and weekend discounts for Morzine / Les Gets if you need to "fill the gap" between two sets of Black Friday passes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@denfinella, Thanks , I will look at those. @andy from embsay, Thanks Andy, I am clearly not looking at the right place. But clearly, I can get the rate I want!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Charliegolf, Ah yes that makes sense. That red is a nice run down. IIRC you need to ski across a road down near the bottom, but hopefully in January that should be ok, and won’t destroy your skis! The land train goes round and round all day long and you should be waiting very long to get to the main Chavannes lifts.

On the days you’re planning on going beyond the Les Gets lift area, you will probably struggle to get back in time to get the TC Chery and TA pointe back to the top of Mt Chery, so you might be better off driving to Morzine, or at the very least round to car parks in the centre of Les Gets.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Timmycb5, Yep, I get the fact we are 'on one edge' of the main area, and am happy to drive to other stations. But we got the accom we wanted over there.

CG
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Charliegolf, I’m sure you will love the skiing on MC too. There’s a reason that all the locals ski there instead of the main LG/MZ area Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy