Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

looking to go Jan/Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Looking forward to going snowboarding and want to get a trip booked up. I’m a chilled male boarder that hasn’t been for a few years, any one fancy joining me?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ph1l25, why don’t you join us on a bash. The Pre Birthday Bash or the Birthday Bash might be suitable. snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi I’m interested . Intermediate mature female skier here ! Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Me too. Experienced male boarder. Prefer mid/end Jan
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi
Looking to join people or form a group for 2nd week in January 7-14th

I’ve heard Andorra is good?

I’m a fit Male early 40’s intermediate but still take lessons to dust off and brush up technique
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been to Pas De la Casa few times. Like it from a snowboard point of view. If you like long downhill runs then it's not for you though. Hasn't got the decent of the Alps. The whole linked up area is decent sized.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@LeonSkiBug, I'm going to Via Lattea from Jan 8-16 and looking for people to share lodging costs. The ski passes are dirt cheap, and it's easy to get to from a flight to Turin. LMK if you're interested!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jennyjinks, @earl, @LeonSkiBug, @Dortaorta,
Do you want to message me your numbers then. can form a WhatsApp group and see if we can get something sorted.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Ph1l25, absolutely! My WhatsApp is +1 4048830702
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
How can I PM on here?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@earl, go to send/receive messages at the top
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi ph125
PM’ed
Eh oh!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ph1l25 wrote:
@jennyjinks, @earl, @LeonSkiBug, @Dortaorta,
Do you want to message me your numbers then. can form a WhatsApp group and see if we can get something sorted.
Why go secret on Whatsapp?
You have a thread here to discuss it where you might yet find other people to join you, or other snowHeads might chip in useful advice.
As soon as you go to Whatsapp, that's it: closed bubble.
I don't see why you'd want to bail on a thread that's already served you so well.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So far There’s NO secret WhatsApp group
Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@admin, haha good point. Like Leon said. No secret anything Smile

I'm looking at housing options for jan8-16 comitted to nothing yet but I'm really liking this option thru Airbnb..

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1622467?adults=2&location=Sauze%20d%27Oulx%2C%20TO&check_in=2023-01-08&check_out=2023-01-16&source_impression_id=p3_1668996174_JWdgIu9uftfHavyb

Thars the extent of the plan so far. I'm hoping to commit soon!
ski holidays
@LeonSkiBug, @Dortaorta, to be fair, I was using the word 'secret' a little bit for dramatic effect but I'm glad you see my point Little Angel
A forum thread has the potential to pull in more interest and advice all the time, as this one did very quickly and the more active it is, the more attention it draws.
Meanwhile a Whatsapp group, which I recognise is always started with the best of intentions, typically starts in a healthy place and stagnates from there Toofy Grin
snow report
Gotcha, good points!
snow conditions
@Dortaorta. Do you know if public buses will run between Turin Airport and Suzie on a Sunday? I remember trying to do it years ago and it was tricky. Got stuck in Oulx.
latest report
This is the transfer I found
Bus from Turin airport to porta nuova
Porta Nuova to Olux
Bus or cab up to Sauze last bus 1945
Don’t know about Sundays?
snow report
@earl, Good thinking! I hadn't looked into the fine details quite yet.

Bus from Airport to Porta Nuova (https://www.aeroportoditorino.it/en/tomove/parking-transport/by-bus) $8.50 (sorry I dont have the euro key lol)
Train from Porta Nuova to Oulx (shorturl.at/bfntX) $7
Bus from Oulx to Sauze, last departure 19:45 (https://www.sauzeonline.com/travelling-to-sauze-doulx/) $5

so... exactly what Leon said haha

Seems like travelling on sunday will make no difference. I haven't found much on the bus between oulx and sauze, though. Worst case scenario, we taxi Cool
snow report
Anyone in Chamonix from NYE 31st December? I’m looking for ski buddies
snow conditions
@Dortaorta, I think someone mentioned cheap Via Lattea passes for uni students...have you managed to book any online or are they even for sale yet? We're staying (3 of us) in Oulx 8-15th Jan flying from Turin. Trains work out fine, and apparently there's a bus (hourly) from Oulx up to Sauze.
latest report
@teledemon, nooo way that's great to hear! Have you already booked your lodging?

And yeah I saw the uni student pass for students. Very excited about that. Last time I checked (a while ago) they weren't available yet, but I'll def take advantage of that.
snow conditions
Yep we got a apartment in Oulx. Its a bit far from the slopes, but fairly close to the station where we need to be early on the last day for our train back to Turin. Buses up to Sauze are hourly, and cost about £10 for the weeks unlimited travel (I think). I can't get over how much cheaper public transport is in Italy...wondering why we've never done it before. We would normally hire but prices seem to have shot up and TBH I'm glad no to have the hassle of snow tires/LHD/cramming skibags into a fiat500 etc. There may be a further transfer involved with the (free?) skibus in Sauze but hey we're from the Highlands and we don't see much in the way of busses up here so it'll be a bit of a novelty... Smile
ski holidays
Both the kids could take advantage of the student pass, but I'm heading in the direction of free bus travel next year. Student days definitely behind me... rolling eyes
ski holidays
@Dortaorta, @Dortaorta, @Dortaorta, found the info here...https://www.vialattea.it/en/skipass/university-students/
so that works out at about £130 for 6 full days wink
latest report
@teledemon, hehe i knowwwww it's incredible Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy