Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Given the current climate, political and otherwise

Poster: A snowHead
Can we please get rid off the ridiculous and stupid excess of heated chairlift seats. As mad as patio heaters.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plus end the brutal bubbles on chairs
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave of the Marmottes, but, ya see, not a big enviro impact. It's the ridiculous excess of heating the outdoors that has to end fast.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Afterall, if we don't act, there will be hoards of people glueing themselves to the piste on the Streif on raceweek.
But seriously, why heat outside? It makes no sense whatsoever
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thecramps wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, but, ya see, not a big enviro impact. It's the ridiculous excess of heating the outdoors that has to end fast.

Theres the impact of production and disposal afterwards, and materials used in the bubbles. Not really needed as folks are dressed for outdoor activities Toofy Grin
Often the heated chairs are via solar, so not always a massive impact Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Never seen the point of heated seats on chair lifts or cars but frequently been grateful for the bubble on a chair lift when it's blowing cold
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They are nice!

I do see the point of all that. But they’re not essential. You can of course wear warmer clothes to stay warm without all of that.

But then, the same can be said about heating a house. I grew up in a house without heating. We just bundled up in several layers of warm clothings. Do I prefer that over a heated house where I can walk about in t-shirts? Absolutely! Is it better environmentally to heat the house as little as possible? Well, yes… Embarassed
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We do need heated chairs in Quebec Canada.... Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Plus end the brutal bubbles on chairs

I think the mmj crowd like those for smoking... unfortunately I think that crowd is trending upwards in population swiftly:)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
and risk haemorrhoids?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Better still refurbish surface Pomas and Tbars and avoid the need for new chairlifts. Much cheaper to operate, lower carbon and environmental impacts and almost as fast. Would keep ticket prices down too. Too late now in most places though snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Be Nice please! that

Hoods on chairs, heated seats, artificial snow etc

Whatever makes the sport comfortable and keeps people doing it is essential

Otherwise there's no sport
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Also stop killing cows for those posh soft seats, wooden benches are just as good.

And don't get me started on the travolators (or whatever the things are called) and detachable lifts, those are for lame people - proper skiers can do without them
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

It's the ridiculous excess of heating the outdoors that has to end fast.

agreed. ban air con.

the heated seats heat only escapes to the outdoors if someone doesn't fill the seat. so you can blame everyone that lets a chair go unfilled for harming the environment as well as holding up the queue.
also anyone that makes the chairlift stop with one chair in the base station will cause the atmosphere to be heated too, so stop faffing and don't fall when getting on/off. that would cause it to get a full heat boost and then trip the maximum time limit and cut heater power.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
All very worthy trying save us from the planet
Sadly all pale into insignificance when comparisons done with the damage done by China alone never mind the other rapidly “developing” countries
snow conditions
Peter S wrote:
Better still refurbish surface Pomas and Tbars and avoid the need for new chairlifts. Much cheaper to operate, lower carbon and environmental impacts and almost as fast. Would keep ticket prices down too. Too late now in most places though snowHead

until you put a snowboarder on the them Toofy Grin & the stop start energy required
snow report
My experience of heated seats was that instead of sitting on some nice dry snow, you had the pleasure of a puddle of cold water.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy