Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1650 Tuition recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for ski instructors in Courchevel 1650?

My husband and I have skied 7 trips now. We’re very competent parallel skiers and have been doing some early carving techniques. Our big problem however is lots of nerves and lack of confidence. We both struggle going fast enough due to fear, which in turn is hampering our progression. We really only feel competent on greens despite having the skills to easily do blues . We have done many blues but always end up panicking stopping, sometimes resorting to poor technique or even snow ploughs to just get down as we find ourselves going so slowly we can’t parallel turn!

Does anyone know in particular of instructors who might be well suited to help 2 nervous skiers who are desperate to be able to take on more of the mountain?

Thank you Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Someone will recommend an instructor in Courchevel, but in addition if in the UK you are close to Hemel Hempstead, I recommend takings some private lessons or joining development clinics with insideoutskiing

Both instructors are well known snowheads @skimottaret and @rob@rar

They will find the weak spots in your technique and correct them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your message. Unfortunately HH is a bit of a trek for us! We always choose private lessons now on our ski trips though as they just work out much better for us then skiing with a group of other people we don’t know and the added fear that brings! Smile We’ve had awesome tuition in ADH but really could do with some Courchevel tips!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have 3 recommendations for you
First up is Izzy (@flocon on here), you can reach here on info@piste2peak.co.uk and has been very good with my partner especially when she was confidence building. If we were there this year there is a good chance we’d have tried to tee something up with her.

Next up are a brother and sister Ben and Natalie Beattie. Different in instruction style with Ben being more laid back and Natalie an ex racer you can reach both of them via the contact options on https://www.skivo2.co.uk/private-ski-lessons/. Despite little snow I am just back from a weeks worth of lessons with Ben which was both needed but also enjoyable and also had a weeks worth with Natalie this time last year that was also very good.

Hopefully that’s of some help.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy