Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d’Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Auris, Villard 2022/23

Poster: A snowHead
I'm so concerned for next week. I hope the rain doesn't was it away
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Everything we’ve skied this week above 2100m has been good. They should improve with more coverage. Below, it can be variable and there are a few runs without snow making that have a thin base that might not survive a downpour. But there will be stuff to ski, the temp drops again after the weekend and the pisteurs here are pretty good. Saturday morning is the key really.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The snow has now turned to rain at 1850m....

The freezing level is due to drop later and a fair amount of snow forecast in the next few days.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good luck. Keep us posted!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How’s it looking ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow fell to resort level in AdH yesterday. Some rain too, but coverage is improved I think. But I’ll tell you later when I’ve been out!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fingers crossed that the freezing level stays lower
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Amen @yellowsnow
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Auris is closed at the moment due to dangerous condition of the pistes(ice).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Downhill skating this morning! Although the promised snowfall is reduced for the weekend, the p/n has dropped. Fingers crossed next week might be great on piste conditions.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh boy!!! Pls keep us posted. Landing on Saturday
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just back from a great day out.

Work kept me busy till nearly 10.00 - it was still very icy below 2000m at that point. Above, it was rather brilliant! A lovely layer of soft powder and mainly sunny(ish). Stayed up there most the day on the reds.

Just now coming back below 2000m it is spring conditions, but that was still fine!

There is ample snow and more forecast. Joshsnowfiend - you'll be fine Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lots closed today with the wind.

Tomorrow looks like 2000m maximum limit rain/snow
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@cider thank you! And have fun and stay warm and dry!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
After a decent dump of snow overnight, it's been raining since about 5am.

I'm staying in today and cooking tartiflette Very Happy
ski holidays
So it rained all day at village level?
snow report
Joshsnowfiend wrote:
So it rained all day at village level?

Yep.. Still is. Have you arrived in resort? You'll see loads more snow than there was a week ago!

Tomorrow I'll head up high and see what it's like - could be a monster pow day Very Happy or it could be very wet rolling eyes

They've been blasting this afternoon, thats a good sign!
snow report
Absolutely hosing it down. Just arrived
ski holidays
Wilip wrote:
Absolutely hosing it down. Just arrived

Tomorrow is a new day, looks like rain will turn to snow at resort level overnight and it will clear as the day goes on tomorrow. Will be a bit slippy down low early on before tuning to spring slush!

I have a 3 hour window to ski tomorrow morning before lunch so intend to see most of the high stuff. I have my fingers crossed for a decent day sometime this week to do the Sarenne.

Have a fab time!
snow conditions
Thank you guys so much! I'm arriving tomorrow. My kids ski the whole mountain, so they'll be up high where rain wants an issue but my wife and started at 41 and we will be limited to the bowl, blues and greens for wife. Hoping things firm up! Super excited.

Keep us posted!
ski holidays
Joshsnowfiend wrote:
Thank you guys so much! I'm arriving tomorrow. My kids ski the whole mountain, so they'll be up high where rain wants an issue but my wife and started at 41 and we will be limited to the bowl, blues and greens for wife. Hoping things firm up! Super excited.

Keep us posted!

My lot are all 75+ - 3 of them only ski the bowl (although not today!) and one ski's with me on anything we can find (except the tunnel!) The 3 have found the runs in the bowl generally a bit firm in the morning and a bit slushy in the afternoon but more than suitable for 3 oldies who don't want anything too steep. Marcel's farm has been the go-to for post lunch skiing, held up better than Jeux, Chez Roger etc.

I've enjoyed the higher red's staying above 2300m(ish) although dropping down to the bottom of DMC has been much quicker than cueing at mid-station!
snow report
Sounds good..... This is our first year in adh. We've been to canazei a number of years. And then st Moritz. I bought the family here so my wife and I have piste appropriate for our level so we can progress. Keeping our fingers crossed it forms up.
latest report
Joshsnowfiend wrote:
Sounds good..... This is our first year in adh. We've been to canazei a number of years. And then st Moritz. I bought the family here so my wife and I have piste appropriate for our level so we can progress. Keeping our fingers crossed it forms up.

If you some reasonably fat bloke in a rather distinctive outfit of 2/3rds orange (bottom) and blue shout Cider! Always nice to bump in to fellow snowheads!
ski holidays
Will do!!!!!!!!!! You guys are the best!
latest report
Terrific day today, lovely snow higher up (above 2300m I think), acceptable spring snow down to 1800m, hilarious slushy moguls/chop down to the bottom of La Fare. A fabulous lunch at Ile d’Oz, glorious sunshine all day from 11am. I hope you all enjoyed it too. Tomorrow looks ok, Tuesday snowy/rainy depending on altitude, Bergfex promises p/n of 1300m which would do me just fine!
latest report
Petere wrote:
Terrific day today, lovely snow higher up (above 2300m I think), acceptable spring snow down to 1800m, hilarious slushy moguls/chop down to the bottom of La Fare. A fabulous lunch at Ile d’Oz, glorious sunshine all day from 11am. I hope you all enjoyed it too. Tomorrow looks ok, Tuesday snowy/rainy depending on altitude, Bergfex promises p/n of 1300m which would do me just fine!

Yep! Fabulous day once I had negotiated the rivers and lakes to get on Marmottes. Stayed high till another excellent lunch at Plage de Neige (next to Jeux) so suitable for our walkers too! The IPA is 9e / 500ml so one of the cheaper and nicer pints! So far this trip I've had Tartiflette and pizza there - both excellent!

After a large pizza and a couple of pints I didn't do too much more but did enjoy a quick blast around and finally back via Cher Roger. By that point my legs were screeming so I tried not to turn Laughing

5 more days here to enjoy the snow and food. Will be back again begining of March 2024!
snow report
We arrived today. It's so beautiful and warm kit. First day on slopes tomorrow.
ski holidays
Snow below 2300 is very wet and slushy. Bottom is super wet and like a river.

It’s way too warm
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was super slushy mans warm. I was below 2200. But still wonderful to be in the mountains!!!!
snow conditions
I spent the day on the Alpette side and even down to Montfrais before lunch.

The snow was lovely and the pistes were quiet.

After a late lunch at Alpette we took the cable car back up and boy, was it windy! Heading back we decided to try Coulior - that was far more difficult than the reds over to Alpette with the heavy, chopped snow. Chez Roger was ok at the top, but as we got closer to town the slush became patchy with the patches being grass! The last 100m or so to Rond Point were nearly unskiable!

Heavy snow forecast later and to last 24 hours plus the temperatures are dropping. Might have to have a little fun in the powder and a very long lunch! Wednesday onwards is looking great!
snow report
@ cider - - was looking for you!
ski holidays
Joshsnowfiend wrote:
@ cider - - was looking for you!

I was hiding over in Alpette all day! I'll probably stay around the bowl tomorrow - unless it's proper grim when I might not venture out Very Happy
snow report
Couloir gets a lot of traffic, not necessarily of the expert variety. Try Chamois next time, goes down an arête under the DMC cable car, takes you to the top of Chez Roger. It is rated red but if you enjoyed Les Rousses and Bartevelles it would hold no fears for you.
ski holidays
What a difference a day makes!!!!!!!!
latest report
Joshsnowfiend wrote:
What a difference a day makes!!!!!!!!

Absolutely! Did you have fun?

My group decided not to venture out so I have been required to do lunch in the appartment. That meant getting some shopping in.

The appartment has a lovely big double garage in the basement, unfortunately the hire van is taller than garage door, so it's parked outside. It was buried in the snow! Hertz supplied the van with winter tyres and chains inc so getting around wasn't a problem (without chains!).

Tomorrow they are heading to Montfrais for lunch so I'll be over there, however if I feel like cueing I really should go do Sarenne first.....
latest report
We had a blast this am!!! Very little visibility with pops of blue. Deep powder! Just a blast.
ski holidays
At least 30cm in town and more up top. Still coming down.

Did the red poutran all the way down and it was superb.
snow report
It appears my group are actually slightly more eager for the morning and the one who wants to ski a bit more seems keen to head to the Sarenne via Marmottes rather than the full hit..

So, probably with every other keen skier, I shall be heading that way before we have lunch at Montfrais. After lunch I shall do as much as my body allows - I have a reasonably quick dinner planned for tommorow!

Have fun out there Very Happy
snow conditions
Most amazing day here!! Can you guys list the most gentle blues on the main bowl of adh? Very Happy
latest report
Follow up question : is montfrais appropriate for timid intermediate?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy