Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpinresorts.com Is everything ok???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apologies this is a bit of a ramble, but just want to check if anyone has observed a similar to below:

I've used Alpinresorts.com several times in Les Gets before 2020, and they offered decent value for money with their discounts, never had any issues when we used the local affiliated sports shop Contact Sport. They always used to stare hard at the booking voucher when presented with it, but were always helpful and flexible, we got decent gear, we could use their storage etc

This year returning to les Gets after a break for a couple of years, I booked through Alpinresorts for a party of 8; skis, boots and helmets. I received an early bird discount, using the ALPISKI code and also a bit more off for a large group.

The total came to about £70 per person, which frankly surprised me a lot. In a nice way obviously as it seems like all the other costs have skyrocketed, but also worried me that its "too" cheap, as I was expecting around half as much again.

It made me check reviews online and there are some worrying reports of local shops become difficult when presented with an Alpineresorts order, dig out ancient equipment instead of new equivalent or are extremely unhelpful, and customer claims are not honoured bu customer services. It makes me feel like this company is suffering a bit post COVID.

I also not that David Hasslehoff is no longer their ski gear ambassador, which is one of the reasons I went for them in the first place! Smile

So my question is, should I expect trouble when I turn up to Jordan Sports (it appears I can't select Contact any more) in Les Gets clutching my order, or will it all be fine? Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't directly answer your question but can provide my experience. We've used Alpinresorts for the last 6 years in Morzine and they've generally been very good. For the last few years we've used the same shop and received good service. This year (Feb 22) the quality of the equipment was shocking, we tried to swap, but the replacements offered were just as bad. I'm just in the process of booking next year's gear and I'll be paying a bit more to use a provider with good online reviews.

It could be that you now get an inferior service or just that in 2022 shops had not restocked with new equipment due to Covid uncertainty.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK maybe its a result of low restocking. A bit like car hire companies who ran their fleets into the ground or reduced them massively for a couple of years meaning car hire is now very expensive with lower availability now.

We're heading out on 17 Dec so in theory we should be getting brand new gear ready for a full new season. However as you experienced, theres a chance we may still get 3yr old kit!

I'm considering contacting the shop in advance saying we're on our way and checking they will have suitable equipment for us.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For 70 quid my expectations would be pretty low.
Why not call or mail them and ask for a straight up quote (don't mention the AlpinResorts thing).
Depending on what they say may give you an idea of what you can expect for your 70 GBP.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, the shop online order form comes back with at least twice the Alpinresorts price.

I'll see what we get by contacting direct.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Did everything work out ok?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've used alpinresorts in the past as a "once a year" skier. The shops we've arrived at have unfailingly given us what we wanted, they don't seem to care too much that its an agency booking. My reservation though is that I do tend to go for the cheapest / nearest shop in the alpinresorts portfolio and don't know if we're missing out on much better equipment if we go for the more pricey options. Also, despite alpinresorts often having lots of categories of skis to choose from, going up from bronze through to diamond etc, it often feels like the shop just gives us whatever they've got in stock from their hire pool for our size.

But equally, it generally looks like the hire pool at those shops isn't that extensive either, so there's no rack of obviously "good" premium skis that we could get from them either. I do wonder if we just all picked the lowest ski on offer at alpinresorts that we'd end up with the same skis as if we picked the highest version. On slight reflection, when we've asked for things like twin tips or something a bit different for my son (who is the good skier) those shops have given us them. So maybe I'm doing them a disservice.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used Alpinresorts to book skis with a Sport 2000 in France a few weeks ago. Went perfectly smoothly and they gave me the correct level of skis I booked (based on what it says on their website if you book directly with them). Great price and they seemingly had no problem with it not being a direct booking.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
larkim wrote:
But equally, it generally looks like the hire pool at those shops isn't that extensive either, so there's no rack of obviously "good" premium skis that we could get from them either. I do wonder if we just all picked the lowest ski on offer at alpinresorts that we'd end up with the same skis as if we picked the highest version. On slight reflection, when we've asked for things like twin tips or something a bit different for my son (who is the good skier) those shops have given us them. So maybe I'm doing them a disservice.

At a guess just a bit of an Argos shop who make their money on numbers rather than margins. 75% of their trade are customers going for the cheapest deal so it's the cheapest deal skis that are front and centre, so they don't have to walk too far. When one of the 25% comes in someone wanders off behind a curtain, to reappear with some posh skis - and keeping them hidden avoids too many "I only paid you £ but can't I have a pair of those £££ skis over there?" conversations.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I used alpinresorts for my mid december 22 week at Obergurgl. Cost about £105 for basic skis/poles/boots. Fulfilled by the Lohmann shop on the main street. New kit, no problems. Would have been £140 through our tour operator (Inghams) using the Riml shop.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have booked through them for ADH in a couple of weeks - i have used an agency before and had no issues.
By rule of thumb with an agency I havent gone for the cheapest skis - booked a black set and I then use the in-store insurance and I only pay the deposit upfront. If the skis are not as ordered and the edges look a bit pants, I send them back.
But touch-wood it has been fine and no different from when I have booked direct.
It wasn't a big saving on Sport 2000s own on-line discounts - but every little helps
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy