Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daily upgrade to Morzine Lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m after some help please.

We’re spending Feb half term in Morzine and will be getting a weeks pass for Morzine & Les Gets. But we may want to spend a day or 2 in Avoriaz. Does anyone know if you upgrade a pass for a single day to the remainder of the PdS and what the cost would be - topping up the difference in cost or would we need to pay the full cost of a day in PdS?

There are 8 of us, so paying for full PdS seems pointless for a couple of day.

Thank you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't believe there's any top-up option, you just need to buy a new pass.

There are a lot of pass options and which is best will depend on your group make-up/ages/if you're talking 'full days' or 'after lunch' outside the M-LG area. The pattern is the same for different ages just at lower rates but for an adult:

- An adult 6 day PdS pass = €292.50
- An adult 5 day M-LG pass + a 1 day PdS pass = €258.50
- An adult 4 day M-LG pass + a 2 day PdS pass = €271.70

But if you're there half term good chance you're a family, at which the group/family ticket options will normally be cheaper too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mjit, Do they allow a non-consecutive pass? I can't see this on the Morzine or LG lift pass sites, although Chatel do allow an 'any five days from seven' pass for just a little more than a consecutive one.

If not this approach would mean that the 1 or 2 day PdS pass would need to be at the beginning or end of the week, pre-planned, perhaps not ideal.

I can't see any way of upgrading either (although it clearly wouldn't be listed on the online purchase page anyway) but ISTR that I've known people do this on the day. I guess you'd need to email the lift pass office to find out.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers for the help. It's a shame they don't offer the option to upgrade for the day, I presume it's to encourage people to get the full PdS pass. I'll run some numbers and see what's the best way to deal with it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ThorBjornsson, I have done this many years ago. at the time the upgrade cost was the same as the difference between the daily rates, don't know if they do it now, it certainly isn't publicised as an option. I expect you will need to go to the pass office and request in person. Otherwise just book your passes on a daily basis the night before online.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I looked at doing this one day this year as my daughter was out with some mates. She had her season pass but they’d all just bought Avoriaz passes. I asked at Prodains about upgrading for a day and it was such a faff i gave up. It had something to do with buying from the Ski-Morzine website and Prodains is in the SERMA area, but it would have meant heading back to Pleney to do the switch - so we didn’t bother. The saving wasn’t significant anyway.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't think there's any real 'plan' to push people one way or the other behind this, just the fact there isn't much demand for it. Beginners and low milage skiers are generally perfectly happy with the amount of skiing in any one of the individual PdS areas so just go for the appropreate area pass. More experience, higher milage skiers know up front they are going to want to roam so jump straight to the full PdS pass as a default. That just leaves a very small number of people who want to mix and match - and it's not really worth the admin of working out all the lift pass fee sharing between the areas for those numbers.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy