Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

alpinresorts.com valid discount code for 2022/2023 season

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, does anyone have a valid discount code for alpinresorts.com for the season 2022/2023? Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seems the forum code - Snowball - no longer works
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Motherofthree, Don't know if you're still look for a code.
I recently got emailed with ALPISKI
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Llew Thank you so much, this code works! It is tempting to reserve ski equipment now for February half term using this code, but does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to cancel and get a full refund nearer the time, if need be?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Motherofthree, i have used them several times and have never had any problems if i have ever had to cancel, and get a full refund, this was also before covid.
you can cancel before 3pm, via email, up to the day before the first day of your booking to get a full refund.

also, you can just put a deposit down now and pay the remainder in the shop on collection, so not laying out all the costs now
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
terrygasson wrote:
@Motherofthree, i have used them several times and have never had any problems if i have ever had to cancel, and get a full refund, this was also before covid.
you can cancel before 3pm, via email, up to the day before the first day of your booking to get a full refund.

Thanks for your reply. Good to know we can pay a deposit first. We booked ski equipment through alpinresorts.com two years ago in Plagne Bellecote (Ski Republic) and some of the skis and boots we got were sadly very old and worn. I thought it was due to having chosen the blue beginners pack, but now realise that it might be because we made the booking via alpinresorts.com? If this was not the reason why we got such old ski equipment, I'm wondering how come this company can rent out ski equipment for about half the price, compared with other ski hire places?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 22-10-22 11:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PS, thanks for the reminder, as i just booked my daughters snowboard for easter at val thorens, and the discount code gave and extra £14 off the weeks price. would have been £62, now £48 with a deposit of £16 now!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've used Alpinresorts for a number of years and always had good equipment, and in December 2019 my son had a brand new pair of boots, tags still attached.
Also had to cancel our booking in Meribel last Christmas (thanks Macron!) and refund was easy and very quick.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JDL65 wrote:
I've used Alpinresorts for a number of years and always had good equipment, and in December 2019 my son had a brand new pair of boots, tags still attached.
Also had to cancel our booking in Meribel last Christmas (thanks Macron!) and refund was easy and very quick.

Thanks for your reply, that's good to hear.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JDL65 wrote:

I posted this on another thread, but may be more appropriate to continue on this one. I've used them before without trouble, but post 2020, they seem to have had issues, anecdotally and online reviews saying that customers received old equipment, poor service form client shops in resort and difficulties with complaints to the main company after issues.

My suspicions were raised when I made a booking for 8 in December, that seemed too cheap. Admittedly we got an early bird discount, plus further discount for group booking. Plus half the party are under 13, 3 are booking red/silver equipment so we weren't going for top end rental equipment anyway.

The problem is is if we end up, like restaurants who give you a different menu when you arrive with a Wowcher voucher, with poor quality kit. However, I've decided, to just turn up and see what we get. It's the week before Christmas so we may be lucky with new (ish) gear and kind hearted shop people! If it's awful gear, then I'll see if I can do a deal with them there and then.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Randyp909, Alpinresorts do seem very cheap when compared to one of their competitors (SkiSet..)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Randyp909 wrote:
JDL65 wrote:

I posted this on another thread, but may be more appropriate to continue on this one. I've used them before without trouble, but post 2020, they seem to have had issues, anecdotally and online reviews saying that customers received old equipment, poor service form client shops in resort and difficulties with complaints to the main company after issues.

My suspicions were raised when I made a booking for 8 in December, that seemed too cheap. Admittedly we got an early bird discount, plus further discount for group booking. Plus half the party are under 13, 3 are booking red/silver equipment so we weren't going for top end rental equipment anyway.

The problem is is if we end up, like restaurants who give you a different menu when you arrive with a Wowcher voucher, with poor quality kit. However, I've decided, to just turn up and see what we get. It's the week before Christmas so we may be lucky with new (ish) gear and kind hearted shop people! If it's awful gear, then I'll see if I can do a deal with them there and then.

Thanks for your reply. We have also decided to take a chance with this company and hope we will have better luck this time than last time in La Plagne (when we got horribly old equipment).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I’ve used Alpinresorts.com for most of the last 15 years and had a mix of some great and some not so great equipment. I don’t think my level of skill would really be able to tell the difference in the various levels offered, so perhaps that’s just a case of Willy waving with the more expensive options.

Have often thought do the shops hand out the rougher stuff to the Alpinresorts customers and keep the better stuff for those paying direct/more but have been in shops where they’ve been super busy and practically everyone was holding an Alpinresorts booking form!

I’ve seen previous comments where people have been told by the shop owners to contact them next time to get a better deal but never tried that. Currently looking at the next booking and one of the shops is showing a 65% discount if booked through Alpinresorts and can’t imagine that going direct would get better than that
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Smartin, Not sure about alpinresorts but I compared Skiset with a shop price and the shop was cheaper!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. We have also decided to take a chance with this company and hope we will have better luck this time than last time in La Plagne (when we got horribly old equipment).[/quote]

The last time I hired in La Plagne (1800), was probably the time I had the best set of hire skis and that was done via Alpinresorts. As it turned out they were probably too good me for as on my last day I carried a bit too much speed over a small obstacle on the kids “fun slope” and had a heavy crash landing and broke the top of my humerus. Now have a nice scar and metal plate holding it together!
ski holidays
albob wrote:
@Smartin, Not sure about alpinresorts but I compared Skiset with a shop price and the shop was cheaper!

From my experience, Skiset seem to offer the least discount over the claimed walk in price, so perhaps easier for the shop to beat that. Maybe their equipment is a step up but not usually bothered with them as other options have been substantially cheaper.
snow report
I've used several of the main rental "discount" websites over the years. I check each one (with discount codes) before booking - the cheapest one just depends on which resort / shop you're looking at. I haven't noticed a correlation between equipment quality and the booking site used.

Out of SkiSet, Skimium, Sport 2000, Intersport and alpinresorts, I find that SkiSet, Intersport and Skimium tend to be more competitive in France, whereas alpinresorts is often the best in Italy. Sport 2000 often seems a bit pricier, and has only been the cheapest once for me. Beware - some websites do not include boots in the initial price, so make sure you're comparing like with like.

Last year I used Skimium (France) and SkiSet (Italy).

If you are unhappy with your equipment, it's fine to request a change. I've never had a problem with that.

I think any difference in equipment quality is more likely to be down to other factors. For example, you're more likely to get better gear earlier in the season, and also during low season. And some shops just have better kit than others.
snow conditions
Llew wrote:
@Motherofthree, Don't know if you're still look for a code.
I recently got emailed with ALPISKI

Thanks for this code! still works and save me £11 on snowboard hire Very Happy
latest report
In case anyone is on the Alpinresorts mail list, I got an email this morning about their Amazing Black Friday code. Email says the code is BLKFRDAY22 but when I use it, it doesn’t give any extra discount over their standard rates for the week in Les Menuires I am looking to book for. If I take off the 22 from that code it does apply an extra discount but it is exactly the same as the ALPISKI one!

So, either it is just my criteria where it doesn’t give a better deal, an error or more Black Friday BS Eh oh!Eh oh!
snow conditions
I wouldn't worry about it. My view is Alpinresorts are a hyper-promoted discounter, like sofa company DFS, and they have a continuous "sale" on to try and hook people into early purchases.

You would have to be quite unlucky if you actually pay their "full price", as you could use pretty much any code at any time.

I've noted that they send out discount codes all year long.An early bird 65% discount that runs out in November, then replaced almost immediately by a pre Christmas one, then a new year one, then an Easter/end of season one. Black Friday is a new one one me, but not unexpected as it seems like everyone is jumping on that bandwagon!

BS it may be, and using them does come with some risk that we as customers end up getting poor kit or customer service in line with the price we're paying.

But I've always had successful hiring experiences when I've used them, and they have operated for many years with actual shops in resorts, so they (the shops) must see the benefit as an alternative revenue stream too.
latest report
anyone got a current code?
snow report
kitenski wrote:
anyone got a current code?

does BLKFRDAY22 work? It did for a dummy booking when I tried last week & gave a better discount than some of the others
snow conditions
ALPISKI was still working a few days ago.
latest report
SEASON23 was working a few days ago…
ski holidays
I’ve used Alpinresorts for years, never had any problem changing or cancelling bookings - I usually book cancellable accommodation in case we choose a different resort depending on snow conditions and I do the same with ski hire as it only gets dearer closer to the date.

We always go for Red (I’m a nervous Intermediate, the rest are good Intermediate who can ski blacks). The shops have always basked what we ski and then given us the skis. One time hubby’s skis got “stolen” at lunch and it was lucky they were found in the next valley as it turns out the shop had upgraded him to Gold skis so if we’d had to replace them they would have been £00s (we now take the insurance lol)

We’ve found that the main difference in quality seems to be what time and day you turn up - late on a half-term Saturday and the choice is much more limited, but you can go back on monday morning and swap them as more people are hiring at weekends.
snow report
Any codes still working for 23/24 season?
snow report
@Tangoman69, https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=168270
snow report
ALPSKI worked for me last week
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Tangoman69, ALPINMAR is the latest code for alpinresorts, valid until 14/03/24.
though like DFS, there will be a new one next week Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Thanks all. I've managed to secure cheaper quotes for Val D'Isere via Ski Republic Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Don't forget the code 'SKIPODCAST' gets you a guaranteed discount with Intersport... Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy