Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Beginners Keen To Form A PiPAU2 Bash Group?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been reading the PiPAU (Piste Performance Amelioration Unit) in Tignes thread from last year and very much like the sound of a week's intensive instructing. However, the bash is generally aimed at "anyone who is capable of reasonable parallel skiing on red runs, through to people with a technical standard akin to Level 1 or 2 instructors." @admin stated that he is open to "anyone below this standard who would like to join this for a full week of instruction" but there needs to be sufficient interest to form one group.

As we await the buttons for this year's PiPAU2 bash scheduled for Sat 10th - 17th Dec 2022, I am wondering whether there are any other snowheads who are towards the start of their ski journey and would like to form a small group to attend this bash for a week's worth of intensive tuition? I suppose the criteria for this newbie group would have to be only having in the region of ten to hundred hours of experience under their belt and/or can ski green and blue runs. The intention being an intense desire to progress with their basic technique to comfortably ski reds and feel better prepared for other bashes?

Depending upon location, availability and button release dates, we could also arrange a group session at one of the fridges beforehand to confirm that we are all of a similar standard and would click well as a group for a week's tuition. But that may be a tad bit too organised wink.

ps. I'm obviously new here so open to other suggestions should my idea be a bit swiss cheese (holey).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@EViS, Don’t sweat it. You’ll be fine.

The others just know enough to ski to the nearest Refugio and back.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would be interested in this. I have three weeks on the slopes, parallel ski blues and easy reds.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AL9000 wrote:
@EViS, Don’t sweat it. You’ll be fine.

The others just know enough to ski to the nearest Refugio and back.
No, he won't be fine if the minimum standard is comfort on all red runs (some of which are fairly tricky in Tignes, in my experience). Apart from anything else, it's never fun if one ends up being the person who holds up a group of otherwise similar standard. And they don't have rifugios in France. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PiPAU buttons are up with options for a possible lower ability group.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@adithorp, they are indeed and thanks for the heads up. I've put my name down. Finger's crossed there are some other takers Very Happy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks a good idea ... with the caveat that my memory of blues at Tignes as a newbie is that they could be quite challenging. And I agree with Hurtle that some reds there that need respect. However it is quite a while since I have been there - so maybe the place has become more beginner friendly.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy