Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
My daughter was recently successful in getting a job at Whistler ski school this season but was not successful in getting any accommodation with it. She has been struggling to find any reasonably priced rooms. She's now potentially looking 30 mins away from Whistler to make it more affordable. Is that do-able, ie is public transport ok etc? Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@boabski, My son is going to be working there this winter. He looks at FB pages for Whistler and put it out there that he was looking for accommodation. He fairly quickly found people who had a room to let in a house share. He's lucked out though as the restaurant he'll be working at provides accommodation.

Has she asked the Ski School to help?

Good luck you your daughter snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@knackered knees, thanks. She said she's tried the FB angle without success.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@boabski, I spoke to my son last night and he said he found accommodation via contacts he'd made whilst travelling in Canada. It was friend of a friend of a friend type of contact. As he has been in Canada for just over a year he has built himself a good network. He said it's really hard to find anything if you don't know someone who knows of a room coming up, as when a room becomes available it's snapped up before being advertised.

If your daughter has any contacts in Whistler, she needs to use them, but she may have to stay in a hostel until she builds up her network.. KK jnr also suggested looking at places such as Pemberton and Squamish.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@knackered knees, thanks for that good advice. Looks like she might have something for November so at least that's a start
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy