Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Show Parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions on low cost Snow Show parking ?

Looks like it is £13 on day at NEC

Any alternatives close by ?

Travelling from NW
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is £13 expensive for all day parking? The place is huge, even if you could find somewhere offsite to save a few quid there would be a hell of a walk surely?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx wrote:
Is £13 expensive for all day parking? The place is huge, even if you could find somewhere offsite to save a few quid there would be a hell of a walk surely?

And considering that the tickets are usually handed out free. I’m not at all familiar with the area but I didn’t see much parking around other than NEC’s own and it would be quite a walk, unless you pretended to have parked there and take one of their shuttle busses.

I’d just pay the £13.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Marston Green railway station car park is free (but popular, certainly in the week) i think and one stop on the train if running.
12 hr parking at Resorts World can be reduced to 2.50 by spending £20 in the shopping/ restaurant/ leisure facilities within while you are around. Fair bit in there, North Face and Nike outlets for example, and not much dfferent to walk from there as it is from some of the NEC car parks or Bham International Railway Station
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Marston Green railway station car park is free (but popular, certainly in the week) i think and one stop on the train if running.
A three-minute trip each way. £2.75 off peak return (£1.75 with a railcard) on a weekend Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not that it particularly helps answer this, but I’m getting the train this year. A return ticket to the NEC from my village in Oxfordshire is cheaper than parking, so it’s a no brainier.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have put it on another thread too but I think the m42 is scheduled to be closed j5 to 6 (NEC junction) all weekend
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You’re right @toyah807, no change for for those coming in from the North but from the South means a diversion onto the A41 and then to the A45, details are here: https://nationalhighways.co.uk/our-roads/west-midlands/m42-junction-6/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
also, just a heads up for any EV drivers hoping to charge whilst at the snow show there are only 22 charging points across the 16,000 spaces.

North Car Park 2 (2 charging points)
East Car Park 1 (6 charging points)
South 7 (6 charging points)

apparently they used to be free but are now 36p/kwh

though i am not driving to the NEC this weekend, i am staying in Birmingham for the weekend and getting the train, i am going the following weekend for the caravan and motorhome show and will be driving there and parking (free parking with entrance ticket, compared to snow show free ticket and paid parking Smile )
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
For anyone planning to drive, I was on the M42 yesterday and the signs were saying that it's shut between Junctions 5 & 6 (NEC Junction) this weekend! Good luck
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We were hoping to go by train to make a day of it but they wanted almost £290 from just above Southampton so the car it will be. And they wonder why people don't use public transport.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks .. Marston Green option worked a treat - not the biggest carpark but very convenient given the issues on M42

I would recommend that anyone travelling by car avoids J6 .. we could see the queues Eh oh!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy