Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short break

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
4 day ski break, ski in/out. Any suggestions please x
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What time of year?

Hotel or Self Catering?

Preference for any particular country?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Look at Geneva and Salzburg flight schedules from your nearest airport.

Find the combination of the earliest flight out and the latest one back.

Find a resort close to that airport......
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It will be Geneva, mid to end of Jan x
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is ski in/out accommodation in Flaine, which is one of the closer resorts to Geneva. What I don't know is how easy it is to sort a 4 day trip.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, Flaine is on the short list x
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A few years ago ago we had no problem organising ourselves a 4-day trip to Morzine at that time of year. Accommodation possible, frequent flights to Geneva, lots of companies doing transfers. But it would have cost a lot more to rent an apartment close to the Pleney lift and the adjacent pistes.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Busymum, ski in-out is over rated. Anzwaz, if thatàs really a criteria, +/- you're most easily looking at Avoriaz, Les Gets, Flaine or Les Carroz. Other stations will have, but finding and securing at decent pricetrickier, IME/V.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Les Carroz is definitely worth a look. Shorter transfer than heading up to Flaine. For ski in ski out, we’ve managed a long weekend here https://www.milkhotel.fr/en/ - though a few years ago, it’s in a great spot on the piste, located at the top of the village.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Assuming you want to keep costs down you can get mid week, antisocial hours, flights much cheaper than at the weekend. In mid January accommodation costs are quite low so rent a cheap little slopeside apartment for either a week or a fortnight and juggle your flight times around that.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
But what I'd do is drive less than an hour along the motorway to the Ibis Budget hotel in Sallanches (doubles less than £50). Easy drives, less than half an hour, to a range of resorts including Les Carroz, Les Houches, Praz sur Arly, Combloux.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for this thread. A freind asked me to find a long weekend for him and his teenage daughter.

Both intermediate skiiers, somewhere easy to get to from a southern UK airport for 4 nights over a weekend in January. And as cheap as possible!

I've pointed them at Flaine. (I also looked at Les Carroz, but not too much!)

The weekend of 13/1 they can fly from gatwick to geneva at around 6am, with a return on the Tuesday at 18.30.
Apartment, liftpass, kit hire and flights I have found for around £1000 all in for them both. Add on some transfers and it's job done! (I'm not doing everthing for him Laughing )

To me that seems a cheap deal. He seems happy with that kind of cost.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes, that sounds like a good deal. If they can only get into their accomm at the usual 4pm-ish, and need to vacate it by 10 am, a rental car they can "ski from" might be the most cost-effective transfer - cheaper than for a week, whereas taxi transfers cost the same for 4 days as 4 weeks.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Definitely consider Flaine. I did a quick 4 day visit (only 3 days skiing) over Easter this year. Landed in Geneva, train to Cluses (£20 and 1.5 hours) then a 45 minute taxi to Flaine €70 from outside of Cluses station. I took off from the U.K. at 08:45am and was in resort for 14:30pm. Personally I wouldn’t stay in the lower resorts in Grand Masif (only personal opinion). Flaine Forum, Foret and Helios, D’Eos are all great ski in/out options.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy