Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Asian Winter Games in Trojena, Saudi Arabia in 2029

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I dont know what to make of this, apparently those nutters in Saudi are building.............. a ski-resort - "Neom chief executive Nadhmi Al-Nasr said the venue "will have a suitable infrastructure to create the winter atmosphere in the heart of the desert". It aims to be a year-round destination for winter sports."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/63131479

It seems wrong on so many levels (apart from the sports washing element in getting the games), you'd think the energy and water requirements will be enormous even if they say it will be powered by renewables. Can it sustain visitors and snow making, how long a season can it have until the natural conditions overcome the environment forming efforts.

I realise that they have more money than Croesus and need to move away from their oil based wealth in the long term, but to waste it in such a fashion by investing in these projects (like buying Newcastle) seems insane.

More here on the vision

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/27/saudis-unveil-eye-popping-plan-for-mirrored-skyscraper-eco-city

"two mirror-encased skyscrapers stretching more than 100 miles across a swathe of desert and mountain terrain, providing a future home for 9 million people."
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ster, I’m sure they said the same about Milton Keynes. At least they haven’t built 6 of these monstrosities. They should stick to sand-skiing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just think what other good use those renewable projects could power.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rest assured that it will not be the Saudis who will build The Line. It will be hundreds of thousands of badly treated, cheated, suffering Bangladeshis, Indians, Afghans, Pakistanis, etc. who will do the work. Not a single Saudi will lift a finger or break sweat.
Whether the project itself will be feasible or practical is another matter entirely for discussion.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy