Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 2022/2023 - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Bucketing down in Avoriaz currently fingers crossed it turns to snow soon.

Hi Jen.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Gets is currently sitting under a massive weather front collision and thunder and lightning are spectacular. Apart from the beautiful visual effects let’s hope the warm air is displaced and snowy conditions predicted for tomorrow can happen Eh oh!Eh oh!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

let’s hope the warm air is displaced and snowy conditions predicted for tomorrow can happen

Amen to that.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Woke up to about 15cm on our balcony handrail in Avoriaz centre and it's coming down pretty hard already, it was getting really slushy yesterday so felt like it was in desperate need of the top up.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowing at all levels in les gets.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@blawford, fresh snow won't necessarily displace slush ...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We need the slush to freeze solid and produce something resembling a base on the lower runs. Thermometer is showing 4°c in Montriond (c960m), dropped almost 9°c as the thunder storm rolled through last night, and seems to be dropping as the morning progresses. Reports of 15cm of fresh in Avoriaz are encouraging! Hopefully the slush will be frozen by tomorrow, I'm just a little worried what last night's rain has done to the remaining snow for today.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The webcams look pretty good today all over - particularity at altitude - go get it folks and share some stories later!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nothing above chavannes open this morning due to zero visibility
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mikeelsa wrote:
Nothing above chavannes open this morning due to zero visibility

That’s incorrect. Lifts open to Rainfolly, the top of Les Gets ski area.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just back from Super Morzine. Parked at Zore. Raining in Morzine but snowing at Zore / top of SM bubble. Probably had about 4 inches at bottom of Zore and over 6 inches at the top. Neither Zore or Tetras runs are open. Visibilty not great. I had my nordic touring / cross country skis and came down the x county tracks with a few cut throughs. Odd stream to navigate but did not see a soul and just great to be out in the mountains in fresh snow. I had intended to take touring skis to top of Mont Chery and see what the off piste was like but saw that no lifts running on Mont Chery, at least first thing.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pateman99 Mont Chery was only open to walkers yesterday. We took the bubble up and walked down with the dogs. About 1/3 very slushy snow and 2/3rds mud and streams. Would not recommend Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rondo101, My thoughts were to stay above the top of the bubble. Park at Encrenaz , take Chery Nord, ski off piste to Mont Caly for a beer. Bit of a skin up then off piste to top of bubble then back to ridge and down the back to the car. My reading of the recent snowline is that there should be some fresh snow at that level. That has now become tomorrows plan.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Above the bubble you might be ok, especially with the lower freezing level overnight tonight.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyway, just so we can turn our thoughts to next season, it seems Chatel have emailed today (so I assume the other companies will soon) to say that folk with season passes can renew them in an exclusive advance sale from 30/3 until 15/4. Then the usual flash sale kicks in for new buyers.
snow conditions
pateman99 wrote:
Just back from Super Morzine. Parked at Zore. Raining in Morzine but snowing at Zore / top of SM bubble. Probably had about 4 inches at bottom of Zore and over 6 inches at the top. Neither Zore or Tetras runs are open. Visibilty not great. I had my nordic touring / cross country skis and came down the x county tracks with a few cut throughs. Odd stream to navigate but did not see a soul and just great to be out in the mountains in fresh snow. I had intended to take touring skis to top of Mont Chery and see what the off piste was like but saw that no lifts running on Mont Chery, at least first thing.

Last week/weekend they were opening Tetras up in the afternoon to let people get back to Super M. We skied it a week yesterday at 1530 or so - very narrow, very brown, but open. Then on Saturday it was much better, but still only opened in the pm.
ski holidays
rondo101 wrote:
@pateman99 Mont Chery was only open to walkers yesterday. We took the bubble up and walked down with the dogs. About 1/3 very slushy snow and 2/3rds mud and streams. Would not recommend Smile

Just noticed on Les Gets pass website Mont Chery sector is closed from Sunday 12th March. The gondola is open for pedestrians only.
ski holidays
andy from embsay wrote:
Anyway, just so we can turn our thoughts to next season, it seems Chatel have emailed today (so I assume the other companies will soon) to say that folk with season passes can renew them in an exclusive advance sale from 30/3 until 15/4. Then the usual flash sale kicks in for new buyers.

How are the prices compared to this year?
snow report
klanfa wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:

Existing holders about a 12% increase.
snow conditions
Is it one of a very few resorts opened today? I'm looking at websites and many of them seem closed (grand massif, a few around Chamonix).
snow report
Played around until lunch today but sacked it with poor visibility. It brightened a bit for a while but couldn't be bothered going back out. Below freezing at chalet now and hopefully a good day ahead tomorrow. Kids did amazing at ski school this morning in that weather
snow conditions
BLUEBIRD DAY
snow report
Just looking at the webcams - THIS is the way I expected LG to look when we were there in January - stunning!
Hope all you folk out there have a super day - looking forward to stories later

Reading yesterday that apparently Avoriaz is 6th in the normal annual average snowfall in Europe
https://www.weathertoski.co.uk/top-10s/top-10-snowiest-ski-resorts-europe/
snow conditions
Looking great today. Very cold and a good covering even across the village.
latest report
What a day today!! Our first time coming to Avoriaz and we’re all loving it this week even though we’ve had every type of weather. Today though - Clear skies, loads of snow, hard to beat!
ski holidays
Amazing ski day today. Kids stayed it until last lift. Snow was great until halfway down chavannes home run which was covered in artifical snow. Fine for me but loads of beginners hit it and fell. Feel lucky with conditions so far. Two bluebird days to finish
snow conditions
@mikeelsa, Glad it came good for you - there was a time when it was looking a bit scary!
ski holidays
Glad to see some snow on the webcams. Heading back out in a fortnight - just hope it stays until Easter weekend!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great day skiing today but was absolutely roasting. Looking down at morzine from nyon did not look good. They have little strips for the home runs.

Rainfolly bowl skied well and a lot of the blacks are open again. Creux was really nice and yeti was as good as i have seen it.

Sugary below chavannes with lots of artificial from the other night.

All in all though a superb weeks skiing and can't wait to get out in the sun again tomorrow.

Love les gets
ski holidays
andy from embsay wrote:
klanfa wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:

Existing holders about a 12% increase.

SERMA (Avoriaz) just sent out this morning their pre-sale email inviting their existing season pass holders to purchase 2023/24 season passes.
snow report
@@247snowman, yep, SERMA last as usual! €570 still seems a mega-bargain. No sign of the €30 season insurance though.
snow conditions
I have the under 26 pass and didn't get the offer. Girlfriend who has a regular season pass did...
I'll make sure to contact them to ask for a pre-sale offer for myself too, doesn't seem too nice to not extend the discount for the first time I don't qualify for under 26.
latest report
@klanfa,

I've just read the e-mail and it seems its only for previous Adult Season pass holders.

It also explains..............

"At the end of this private sale, you can also order the other Portes du Soleil season passes offered in advance on the website www.skipass-avoriaz.com from Thursday, April 6, 2023:

• Boarder Pass package at 448€ for young people under 26 (born from 1/01/1998)"

So a cheap border pass is still gonna exist.

So there is gonna be a cheap Under 26 pass again. Available from 6th April.
snow report
Thanks that's good news for a lot of people, although I won't be under 26 anymore! Laughing
I'll drop them am email. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@klanfa, you might be lucky, though i think you might have to get the €649 one in the flash sale on 6(?) April.
latest report
Pistes in SC still in great condition this weekend.
The red down to the new Conches lift was empty, ands the piste was ungroomed perfection.
Soft, grippy, bumpy, loose snow is places - kept the flat track bullies away.
Also Linga still in good nick, and all the way over to PD and PLJ everything fantastic soft conditions.
Although the huge Rock-The-Piste fence around the PD church seemed to funnel you uphill ( which was a but strange ).
All in all great conditions for snowboarding.
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
@klanfa, you might be lucky, though i think you might have to get the €649 one in the flash sale on 6(?) April.

I dropped them an email last night and was told they had IT issues so not all emails were delivered. They plan to send out a new batch next week and I am supposed to receive it as well.
snow report
Must be a change of policy then @klanfa - my mate’s son was in the same position last year (had the U26 pass in 21/22, not eligible this year) - he didn’t get a code so had to get his in the flash sale.
snow report
Well, maybe that's just hidden in the IT error - to be seen I guess Blush
snow report
Has anyone had an email from Sagets yet please?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy