Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 2022/2023 - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Trees, roofs and roads are white in a foggy Les Gets at village level since overnight snow, but a light rain has started to fall.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wet, heavy snow in Les Gets. Fine rain making visibility on piste awful. Piste varies between just heavy to sticky which tries to stop the skis moving at all. Overall it looks nice but is awful.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Toofy Grin Looks great on the webcams though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
zzz wrote:
Toofy Grin Looks great on the webcams though.

Certainly does, also looks good out of the window but you can see how few people are out from the webcam.
The underground carpark is half empty when on a normal March Saturday its full by about 9 am.
The last ten chairs on the Chavannes lift have gone up empty, unheard of when conditions are good.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Timc,
Indeed, annoying isn't it when you're on the spot and you know conditions are shite but everyone else says it looks nice wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mid morning stop in Linderets plateau - wet like a drowned duck! Spend morning skiing Linga and PLJ sector. Viz is rubbish down to about 1800m but some good skiing to be found as pistes are not too chopped up due to small numbers. There is likely to be good off piste up top but better for tomorrow as poor visibility and avalanche 4/5.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@zzz, except no one is saying that nor predicted it to be nice, at least on here, and the webcams have been dripping wet since 7am....but you knew that. Cham Meteo have been way off for both FL and accumulations on several occasions this season.

Piste conditions were more enjoyable in the week before this rain/snow event, clear and sunny on artificial beats wet sticky windy and poor viz. But it builds the base nicely, just in time for a rare unhindered NW classic on tuesday

I am predicting you'll have nothing to complain about, despite the long odds
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

But it builds the base nicely, just in time for a rare unhindered NW classic on tuesday

snowHead Fingers crossed.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thinking of a daytrip tomorrow to Châtel side.

I'm hoping that overnight pisting and freeze might improve conditions?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ozboy, whats the rain limit at? Hopefully you can dry off over lunch!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just driven through Morgins and Chatel. Both at 2 C with light rain. Both look like they have had about 3 inches of wet snow overnight. Alot of mist about and not many skiers on visible lifts.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@polo,
What do you reckon overall? Net gain above 1800m, net loss below?
The new snow may be wet at altitude but it should consolidate into a proper improvement in the base.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
zzz wrote:
@polo,
The new snow may be wet at altitude but it should consolidate into a proper improvement in the base.

Well it's certainly wet down here at ~1300m, and fell on a very wet and bare base, but despite the rain this morning it's still white and about 10cm deep now. It's mostly melted off the cars but all house rooves are still covered.

So I think there will have been a net gain at all levels above us; the wet can often help to soften the underlying layers and make a better consolidate base, so hopefully the additional 20-39cm expected on top of what's already fallen so far might have a chance of sticking around for a while.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chaletbeauroc, that’s good news.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Binned if off early after a couple of laps on Star Wars and then back over to Super M and down Tetras a couple of times. Absolutely drenched from rain up to 1800m or so.
ski holidays
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
zzz wrote:
@polo,

Well it's certainly wet down here at ~1300m, and fell on a very wet and bare base, but despite the rain this morning it's still white and about 10cm deep now. It's mostly melted off the cars but all house rooves are still covered.

So I think there will have been a net gain at all levels above us; the wet can often help to soften the underlying layers and make a better consolidate base, so hopefully the additional 20-39cm expected on top of what's already fallen so far might have a chance of sticking around for a while.

Agree.. lots added to base today with more snow to come and magic dust from pisteurs
latest report
kitenski wrote:
@Ozboy, whats the rain limit at? Hopefully you can dry off over lunch!

3 hour lunch at Chez Crepy! Bone dry but going to miss start of rugby Linderets side was great we did laps of Prolays to bottom of Ardent. Is this Star Wars run?
snow report
Like everyone else, drenched after skiing Lindarets / Plein Danse from 9-12 this morning. Nice to see it all white again but half day was all the kids (and I tbf!) could handle.
snow conditions
Raining again in Les Gets this morning.
snow report
Same here in Châtel, but there's the odd patch of blue sky appearing.
ski holidays
Snow fallen in Avoriaz.
snow report
snoozeboy wrote:
Same here in Châtel, but there's the odd patch of blue sky appearing.

Been sunny here in Morgins for the last hour or more, but that's more of a cloud gap on the Eastern horizon than genuinely clear skies. I'll be keeping an eye on the webcams before venturing out probably later this morning.
snow conditions
Just packing in after a few runs in a very heavy Les Gets bowl. Raining at 1500m.
snow conditions
Same here. Sat in the creperie for a galette now.
snow report
Didn’t bother today, just as well as our BA flight home was cancelled (again 3rd trip) and we had to leave Châtel earlier than planned.

Great 3 days skiing despite the weather - Thurs: bumps everywhere and sun, Friday: Verbier day using free pass from PFS season ticket, bumps, fresh snow but poor viz; Sat: Châtel quiet pistes, wet wet wet abs poor viz up top.
snow report
Well that was painful - we only skied a bit under the rain, low visibility in Ranfoilly (fog), heavy snow, before heading to the Martin Solveig DJ set. But kid #2 wanted to get warm (and dry) so we spent part of the concert getting hot chocolate at the Yeti. When the sun showed itself kid #1 took me to Chamoissieres to do some lines on the virgin snow. Caught up with the girls at end of the day to take the last lift oit of the bowl.

So there's actually quite a lot of snow, too bad it rained after. Maybe Monday morning will be amazing - too bad the weekend's.over.
snow report
Made it safe and sound. Roads were all black to the top of Avoriaz. Geez what a faff humping all the luggage from the underground parking to the apartment. Traffic free resorts my a***.

Lots of snow on the balcony when we arrived, but all melting like no tomorrow till it got dark. Just got back from a first night pizza, and the pistes we crosses are getting nice and crunchie.

No idea what tomorrow may bring.
snow conditions
Ozboy wrote:
Linderets side was great we did laps of Prolays to bottom of Ardent. Is this Star Wars run?

Yes and I guess I must have seen you at some point as we lapped it 3 times on Saturday as there was decent visibility once below the entrance to the Stash.
Yesterday afternoon was way nice than expected after the sun came out Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@OuatteDePhoque, We were skiing the run between 12 and 13:30 and was very enjoyable as we could see. I am back on 1 April and will try to arrange a snowHead meet-up at Linderts.
latest report
Hi thinking of heading out 27/3 for a week to Les Gets. Intermediate female skier. Or are the snow conditions not worth it?
snow report
ndunn wrote:
Hi thinking of heading out 27/3 for a week to Les Gets. Intermediate female skier. Or are the snow conditions not worth it?

It’s probable you’ll need to get the bus and lift up to Avoriaz for some reasonable skiing (conditions and variety).
ski holidays
Is Star Wars the blue that runs from the top of Lindarets / Prolays lifts down to just below goat village (combe a floret) and then joins Parchets? Or is it just the bottom half (i.e. Parchets from Lindarets bowl down to the bottom of the bubble)? I've heard both referred to by the same name.
ski holidays
@Dashed, I think @OuatteDePhoque, confirmed this earlier as I asked same. Great “top to bottom” run.
latest report
Ozboy wrote:
@Dashed, I think @OuatteDePhoque, confirmed this earlier as I asked same. Great “top to bottom” run.

Apologies - must have missed that!
ski holidays
@Dashed, No need to apologise Smile

There is also a “hidden” cut through on the other side of the valley to get to the Goat Village from Châtel by cutting out the Linderets plateau. Also a nice run for those looking for long “top to bottom” runs c. 700m vertical.

snow report
The Star Wars name comes from it resembling (very loosely) the X-wing chase scene where it twists and turns through the canyons. For me Its from where Combe a Floret forks from Tannes and you enter the trees. Because at the top of Prolays you can either do the quick (steeper) run on your right (Sapinettes, devoid of small trees ?) or go around Crete to get there. Although when there's nice new soft snow you can drop anywhere along the ridge, including the little gap between the top of the snowpark drag and the Express de Lindarets lift. For me it becomes the 'Home Run' ( or Happy Hours Run if last run of the day) once you join into Parchets under the Goat Village, but whats in a name?
For Saddos like me there's also the Old skool version which involves bailing off the piste at gate 16 and taking the little short cut, as that's where the original piste used to go Smile
snow report
Being Scottish i have had two very fun days skiing in les gets and morzine. Kids are loving ski school and rush lunch to get back out. Today was a good sunny day but pistes are decent and snow forecast tonight. I love the charniaz red but it's closed. Plenty to ski on though and a few being a little precious about conditions. Come ski glenshee on a bad day if you think this is bad. As i type just saw a big flash of lighting. Snow is coming
snow report
Quite a light show going on outside the window at the moment. Thunder, lightning and some hail like rain. Not sure what tomorrow may bring.
snow conditions
@Judwin, Amazing how the thunder rolls and reverberates around the mountains for ages Very Happy
snow conditions
Bit stormy in Les Gets now, spectacular lightning, very loud thunder, strong wind and pi**ing down with rain
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy