Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes-Val D'Isere lift pass prices released

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.skipass-tignes.com/en/tarifs-hiver-2023?fbclid=IwAR2DqwhL4sYoJUYR9NeL8dLt-92InmmpZITi6w_2-8FMTtu72OUcm3bGojo
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
6 days up a touch from this season, but not tragic tbqhwy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not having any multi-day discount is quite a big change.

Tignes has done this in the autumn for a few years, so I guess they have data on how well it works.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had an email today from the Tignes authorities, saying there will be owners discounts on lift passes and car parking, but details are unlikely to be available until November.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GreenDay wrote:
6 days up a touch from this season, but not tragic tbqhwy

But you get 7 days for the price of 6, if you can use the extra day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Not having any multi-day discount is quite a big change
That's an absolute shocker IMO Shocked It surely makes Espace Killy unique worldwide (and not in a good way)?

I'd go so far as to say as it shows the area in a bad light and paints it as absolutely grasping.

A 3 Vallees 6 day pass (over twice the size of ski area) is 'only' €315. I think this one will come back to bite them on the @r$€... In the meantime, the slopes of EK may be a bit quieter this winter.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
That's an absolute shocker IMO Shocked It surely makes Espace Killy unique worldwide (and not in a good way)?

I'd go so far as to say as it shows the area in a bad light and paints it as absolutely grasping.

A 3 Vallees 6 day pass (over twice the size of ski area) is 'only' €315. I think this one will come back to bite them on the @r$€... In the meantime, the slopes of EK may be a bit quieter this winter.

Does the price of a lift pass really determine where we choose to ski? It’s a small portion of the cost of the holiday.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
Does the price of a lift pass really determine where we choose to ski? It’s a small portion of the cost of the holiday

I'd say it most certainly does for a lot of people. For example, given the Government's butchering of the economy and the resulting worthlessness of sterling, only the absolutely loaded, or insane, could contemplate skiing in the USA given the lift pass prices there.

In terms of visiting Espace Killy, €360 for 6 days' skiing may be not so much a 'small portion' of your holiday cost if you've booked a £75 easyjet flight; €100 transfer; and a £80 (per person) apartment for four in Tignes. In that case it could, in fact, cost more than the other major elements of the holiday combined.

While those who are well off may well be immune to the current cost of living crisis - and may indeed be better off following the mini budget - those who are not so fortunate will be looking to maximise value for money on holidays, even in areas like Espace Killy.

It's bad news to me that a ski area would not offer a multi-day discount on a lift pass. It smacks completely of taking punters for granted.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mountainaddict,
It's bad news to me that a ski area would not offer a multi-day discount on a lift pass. It smacks completely of taking punters for granted

maybe as a business they have no alternative. The extra over on the over heads will be collasal with such an operation this year.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Val has for years been pushing itself further and further up market and Tignes is trying to catch up with new larger higher priced s/c and hotel accommodation. I guess the authorities see the market as higher value longer stay clients.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flip side is your not getting shafted for short trips.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As a family of 4 who DIY skiing (and I really scrutinise to get value for money), I don't tend to pick based on lift pass costs but more on the suitability of the resort.

However, I will say that in Feb half term the pass price is our 2nd biggest cost after accommodation.

We went to Tignes at the start of April this year and the pass was by far the most expensive part of the holiday. We bought a 7 day pass but only skied 5 due to a 2-day 50cm dump. Would have been nice not to have paid for those 2 days (X 4 of us)......

Wonder if people will therefore choose duration of pass based on weather forecast?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks cheap compared with Switzerland! And the US is somewhere out in the stratosphere in comparison. You are getting probably the premier ski area in France. How the smaller resorts manage is beyond me, especially with the energy costs.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just get tobe an old f*rt like me....its free! so off to Bourg for 2 weeks to take advantage .....mind you I would prefer to be younger and pay! Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kettonskimum wrote:

Wonder if people will therefore choose duration of pass based on weather forecast?

That's what I've been recommending to my guests for a few years when the discount was only a bit anyway. It also allows you a cheeky day trip to St Foy on a Super U Wednesday voucher and leaves enough for a decent lunch.
snow report
Val Disere currently say

Quote:
Because of the energy crisis we have to adjust our prices.
The skipass rates will be available at the beginning of October and the sales will open shortly after.

Please note, their won't be any early booking offer for season passes this year. The price is lower than last season !

Doesn't look like there are any group/family discounts either Sad
latest report
Ski passes in Sainte-Foy down the road are less than half the price wink
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
kettonskimum wrote:

That's what I've been recommending to my guests for a few years when the discount was only a bit anyway. It also allows you a cheeky day trip to St Foy on a Super U Wednesday voucher and leaves enough for a decent lunch.

Does the bus go from Lac to Ste Foy station or is it just a car job?
snow conditions

Ouch…makes my annual pass in Haute Maurienne Vanoise at €350 (early bird offer) seem a bit of a bargain, though admittedly you have to travel between the various resorts.
ski holidays
HilbertSpace wrote:
Ski passes in Sainte-Foy down the road are less than half the price wink

and a quarter of the terrain
snow report
@GreenDay, Its a faff by bus, down to Bourg or St F village and then a navette to the resort. 20 mins in a car, 8 in a minibus mid week would be the other affordable option.
snow report
@andmelffion, 3V 6 day adult pass is €350

https://www.les3vallees.com/en/skipass
snow conditions
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
Does the price of a lift pass really determine where we choose to ski? It’s a small portion of the cost of the holiday

I'd say it most certainly does for a lot of people. For example, given the Government's butchering of the economy and the resulting worthlessness of sterling, only the absolutely loaded, or insane, could contemplate skiing in the USA given the lift pass prices there.

In terms of visiting Espace Killy, €360 for 6 days' skiing may be not so much a 'small portion' of your holiday cost if you've booked a £75 easyjet flight; €100 transfer; and a £80 (per person) apartment for four in Tignes. In that case it could, in fact, cost more than the other major elements of the holiday combined.

While those who are well off may well be immune to the current cost of living crisis - and may indeed be better off following the mini budget - those who are not so fortunate will be looking to maximise value for money on holidays, even in areas like Espace Killy.

It's bad news to me that a ski area would not offer a multi-day discount on a lift pass. It smacks completely of taking punters for granted.

Fair points.
But you’re doing it the wrong way buying day tickets in the US.
latest report
chocksaway wrote:

I know, which makes my season pass for €350 pretty good value for 6 resorts with 350kms of slopes
snow report
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

Not as "grasping" as the 3 Valleys for property owners - with not a penny discount on the >€1400 season pass cost Sad .
snow report
andmelffion wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

I know, which makes my season pass for €350 pretty good value for 6 resorts with 350kms of slopes

The 3 Valleys only has 350kms of slopes? Someone has been telling porkies for years! Shocked

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 26-09-22 14:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Kenzie wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

I know, which makes my season pass for €350 pretty good value for 6 resorts with 350kms of quiet slopes

The 3 Valleys only has 350kms of slopes? Someone has been tell porkies for years! Shocked

If you read my initial post the 350kms of slopes relates to Haute Maurienne Vanoise not 3 valleys….
snow report
andmelffion wrote:
Kenzie wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

I know, which makes my season pass for €350 pretty good value for 6 resorts with 350kms of quiet slopes

The 3 Valleys only has 350kms of slopes? Someone has been tell porkies for years! Shocked

If you read my initial post the 350kms of slopes relates to Haute Maurienne Vanoise not 3 valleys….

You didn't quote correctly mountainaddict's post correctly which has confused a few. It makes it look like his post is in yours.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When you look at it individually for a day I don't think €60 is awful for a full day of skiing. Or a full day of mountain access I guess is more accurate, a full day skiing is a lot more expensive.

I do think this ongoing price increase could see the skinning up hill becoming more and more popular of the next x number of years. Though I also appreciate it is a different type of activity as many of those who ski downhill won't be able to manage multiple trips uphill in a day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy