Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIS Ski WC 2022/23 Thread + Courchevel Méribel 2023

Poster: A snowHead
GOAT. For her own sake though I hope she calls it maybe after next season and gets out and has a life before her body is trashed.

+ Charlotte Bankes killing it at the moment for GB.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes she is the GOAT and if she wants to, and stays healthy, I think she can set a new bar for dominance by any athlete in any sport. Brady, Gretzky, Woods, Williams....I really do think she can go beyond them all.

And not a whiff of PEDs, or overly diva-ish behavior either. Refreshing.

(Funny how GOAT used to mean the opposite of "hero", but now means greatest of all time)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave of the Marmottes, Her body seems to holding up just fine. she's avoided serious injury thus far
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp wrote:
I guess a 100th is not out of the question...she is still young enough and motivated enough

I said that a little while ago
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rungsp, 13 to go, she's had 14 this season so far, so not unconceivable she'll do it next season, although I'd be more inclined to think she'll do it in 2025
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I wonder if it's possible for Odermatt to catch Mikaela up?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@russ_e, without doing slalom I think it would be tricky , and she was consistently winning at a younger age
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
russ_e wrote:
I wonder if it's possible for Odermatt to catch Mikaela up?

With number of victories? No way. There's no way to be this dominant in men skiing for more then 2 or 3 years. Competition is just too big, so pretty soon, he will either be competitive in SG/DH or on GS (SL is not his thing even now), and even then, he won't be winning every race, like he's doing now. So if he will manage to come to 50 victories it will be huge success.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A great day out at the finals yesterday. The Andorrans were going crazy for Joan Verdu.

Fantastic to see the whole setup and see the pros all over the resort. One day, walking past Dave and Braathen at the chairlift; another, Wendy Holdener and Ilka Stuhec walking past us having coffee; and walking into the room for breakfast to find Sara Hector, Laurence St-Germain and others there as well.

We even stumbled on Mikaela, Paula Moltzan and Martyna Gasinieca-Daniel part way down one run (they were somewhat faster).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We had a good time too. Downhill on Wednesday, then watched yesterday and today. Joan is a big hero here and we don’t get chance to see him race too often!

Managed to see this lady too.

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hammerite wrote:
We had a good time too. Downhill on Wednesday, then watched yesterday and today. Joan is a big hero here and we don’t get chance to see him race too often!

Managed to see this lady too.

Eileen skiied past us one day, she's pretty handy herself!

A great event though and Andorra really pulled it off. Hopefully they will get the world championships in 2029 as they hope.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A great event in Andorra to close off a fantastic season.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had a quick trip down to St Foy this morning to help with up and coming brit racers.

Bit of a bonus to see Dave Ryding training there. Silky smooth turns on rock hard piste.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@hammerite, Pretty sure we saw Joan Verdu in the lift queue at Reiteralm a few weeks ago. he autographed a kids helmet while he was waiting
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@holidayloverxx, I think he's there right now ski testing.
snow report
@hammerite, yes, VanDeer with AJ Ginnis
snow report
AJ Ginnis was doing the rounds in Soldeu and posing for snaps with everyone who wanted one. More bizarrely, his team spin-bike turned up outside my hotel room.

He seemed a really nice bloke.
snow report
Watching some recorded ski races from last season. We might laugh at Nick's commentary sometimes. But he really does love the sport.

But more so, Finlay Mickel really does provide some good insight.

Chilton and Carrick Anderson work best for me. But maybe next season I'll mull upon the idea that, even if I get annoyed, we're lucky to have commentators who are so massively into our sport.
snow report
Not long to go now. Will be subscribing to TNT Sports for the winter season.
snow report
At “Premium (with TNT Sports) - £29.99/month (not available yearly)” for the direct subscription (i.e. not via Sky or BT) I don’t think I’ll bother.

Used to be about £40 for the whole year when on the old Eurosport banner (sometimes less on a deal)
snow report
Eurosport is on the cheaper option which is £6.99 a month. The £29.99 subscription includes the old BT Sports so football & MotoGP etc etc.

Think I paid £20 for my first year subscribing to Eurosport Player.

If you want the premium package, it's cheaper to get a Sim Only Deal from EE and you get TNT Sports Premium for free!

We are 100% going to a live event this year.
ski holidays
If its still on Eurosport Standard then better that the Premier package (earlier post implied it was on TNT only), its much cheaper and is monthly so can be cancelled once the season is over.
ski holidays
Apologies yes, it's Discovery+ Standard rather than TNT. The re-brand is somewhat confusing! I thought the entire sports platform was now called TNT Sports.
ski holidays
@russ_e, they don’t make it easy. Took me a while to navigate all the screens and sub-screens for discovery+ then Eurosport to dig down to dee the different options. Then it doesn’t even say for sure which FIS races will be on!

For a rebrand under discovery+ its a mess.
latest report
I found that coverage on Eurosport when viewing via Sky or Virgin was very limited. Online via the Discovery+ app all races were eventually shown.
latest report
Yes I think that was commented on last season. Sounded like the network carriers only had ES 1 & 2, which tended to have the mainstream events in the Eurosport stable (like tennis etc) , whereas the Eurosport/discovery+ player carried more channels/streams and those were where much of the Skiing (alpine, biathlon, jumping x-country) was streamed live and obviously the player will have VOD.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy