Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland: SBB 'Click & Drive' Car rental?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Browsing through the SBB Swiss railways website, I came across their Click & Drive service. Basically, it's car rental from major stations. For the station near our apartment (Martigny), I priced it up at CHF 60 a day for our next trip out in early December. You would still have to pay the train fare to get you to a station near your destination, but it struck me that it might still be cost-effective compared to rental at GVA, especially in peak holiday periods.

Alternatively, if you just wanted a car for a day or two during a longer trip, then you could hire it form the nearest station as and when you needed it, perhaps taking the PostBus to/from a valley station. Of course, you can hire regular rental cars in most larger towns and cities, but in many, car rental offices are often on the outskirts rather than the centre of the town.

I just wondered if anyone had used this?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interestingly the link takes you to the 'Mobility' scheme, which is only available to registered Swiss residents. Needs an ID called the SwissPass to unlock the car. It's used by lots of Swiss people who don't need a car all the time, but is really a car-sharing idea rather than a rental per se.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a SwissPass, but I’m not a resident. But you’re saying that the Ts&Cs for the Click & Drive require residency? Presumably if I tried to actually book a car I’d need to provide info that only a national could e.g. the Swiss equivalent of a UK NI number or Swiss drivers license no or similar?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Chaletbeauroc, according to their FAQ, it is available for those with residence outside CH.
https://www.mobility.ch/en/faq

Quote:
Can I become a Mobility customer even if I do not live in Switzerland?
Yes, you can become a Mobility customer even if you are resident abroad. Registering with Mobility requires a valid email address and a credit card.

However
Quote:

Can customers take Mobility vehicles abroad?
Customers residing outside Switzerland booking a car may only drive it within Switzerland. It is the customer's duty to obtain information from the relevant customs office regarding the applicable legal provisions in relation to the individual situation.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Chaletbeauroc, I have the SwissPass and am French Resident.
The only things I needed to get it (10 years ago) was proof of ID and domicile
(Passport and EDF bill), oh yeah and I had to pony up 130 Chuffs, but that was because at the time it was a demi-tariff, before it became the SwissPass.
I think its more expensive now, but if you renew your existing one its only 165 for the demi-tariff / Swiss Pass card. You can also get it with an AG (abonnement generale) but I never had one of those, and they're pretty expensive.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well I see I was mistaken and it's clearly available to non-Swiss residents.

@WindOfChange, Confusing the issue a bit there, you're talking about paying for the rail discount card, which although it is now linked to the SwissPass account is not the same thing. My SwissPass account is still valid even though it's ten years or more since I last had a halbTax card, and more importantly it costs nothing.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy