Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes - Returning skis , shop closed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked my ski hire a few weeks ago and just realised the the shop shuts midweek between 12-3pm , we'll be finishing 1-2pm on a Thursday.
I can cancel and rebook but this shop "Ski republic - Borsat" is right next to our accommodation.
There seems to be a few Ski republic shops can we return to one of the others ?? Not sure but precision Ski might be part of the same group ??

thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Phone the shop and ask? Or send them an email https://www.ski-republic.com/contact?shop=25
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We had the same issue with the same shop last season with an evening flight back on the Friday. They have a second larger shop in the main part of VC where you can drop off the skis throughout the day.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only the French could shut a ski hire shop for three hours during the ski day in the ski season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Only the French could shut a ski hire shop for three hours during the ski day in the ski season.
About 20 years ago, four of us were in Chamonix at Whit. When we found out that Tignes was still open for skiing (Grande Motte to Val Claret) we drove straight there for a day.

As we parked at the top of the Grande Motte car park (those were the days!), the sun was shining, conditions looked amazing for the time of year and we couldn't wait to join the people skiing top to bottom.

Unfortunately, there wasn't a single ski hire shop open in Val Claret. I still remember scouring the four corners of the resort in vain... rolling eyes Still haven't had a more frustrating being unable to ski day Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pejoli, I emailed them last night , just seeing if anyone had any experience of this

@snowhound, Thats good to know .Lucky the shop is open 8.30-6pm on collection day

ill just stick with the original booking for now
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just ask them. They will likely have some way to drop skis back after hours, whether you leave them in a particular rack or with the hotel reception or another shop.

Just don’t do what my partner did when we returned bikes after closing last summer. The shop gave us a bike lock and told us to fasten them up in the rack by the door, and drop the key in a box. Luckily, he checked for his house keys before we drove off, because guess where they were rolling eyes As we discussed how to solve this problem, someone from the shop turned up to put all the late return bikes away. The guy emptied out the key box, and asked if the bunch of house keys were ours. “No, those belong to some other idiot,” we said as our keys eventually turned up at the bottom Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alasdair.graham wrote:

Nope, the same happened to us in Passo Tonale, Italy.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It happened to us in Flaine , hence i didnt want it happening again
Lucky for us the bakery next door was open and they came out and suggested taking them to the other shop in Flaine forum
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy