Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez: Le Castillan or Le Pic Blanc ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, please help us decide between these two options for a long weekend around Christmas.
If I understand correctly both will be fairly easy to get to/from the slopes, and Le Pic Blanc seems more fancy and has a pool,
but how much further is it from the village center, if we want to go out to different restaurants, soak up the Christmas atmosphere, etc?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chenav, Le Castillan you can walk downhill about 100m to a chairlift that takes you up to Signal, you can then ski down to Rond Point des pistes (If you have ski school, want to go up main area etc). You can also walk about 200m to the "bucket lift" that takes you up to Rond Point again. Only been in Le Castillan for meetings, aperitifs but looks OK.

Pic Blanc is much newer as you say and is a bit of a walk to / from the Bergers Lifts and Ski School but you are straight on the main lift system then. 5 to 10 minute walk to town centre in the evening, depending which end of town. Shorter to the sports centre and there are bars in Bergers. No sure what is open in evenings there though.

Hope that helps.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Le Castillan is more centrally located so easier to get to restaurants. Pic Blanc is just down from the Bergers commercial centre but would take maybe a 10ish min walk to get to the main centre around the ice skating rink. There is a small selection of bars and restaurants around Bergers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your replies!

Does the Alpe Express operate in the evening/night hours? Couldn't find this info online, and if it works then maybe it's a good way to get from Bergers to the main village more easily for a night out? And what about bus services?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chenav wrote:
Thanks for your replies!

Does the Alpe Express operate in the evening/night hours? Couldn't find this info online, and if it works then maybe it's a good way to get from Bergers to the main village more easily for a night out? And what about bus services?

Alpe express does not really help yet, until they build the extension to replace the buckets. Even then it would be just as easy to carry on once you had walked to the Bergers station on it. I think it stops at 18-30 unless there is an event on, Alpine bear will know better. Night time buses are not very often. To be honest, unless the weather is absolutely foul, it's a nice walk anyway Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skitow wrote:
To be honest, unless the weather is absolutely foul, it's a nice walk anyway Madeye-Smiley

I guess you're right, and if the weather's not nice there's not much point in going out to the village anyway...
I also just realized Bergers gives much more direct access to the southern sector of the resort (Signal de l'Homme), since we have only 3 skiing days it's a big plus.
I think I've made up my mind then.

Cheers!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy