Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3-7 Jan 2024 in the Pyrenees - crowds / queues?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
By fortunate coincidence my partner and I both have 5 days off from Wed 3 to Sun 7 Jan 2024. Flights to Barcelona are fairly reasonably priced for the time of year, with an early flight out and a late one back. If we did fancy skiing:

- are crowds / queues likely to be awful that week (La Molina / Masella etc.)? I've never skied at that time of year before, even in the Alps.
- is traffic on the Sunday afternoon / evening likely to be terrible heading back to Barcelona? We'd be hiring a car.
- could I book accommodation at the last minute, in case conditions are poor and a city break seems more attractive?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there,

I've lived in the Pyrenees for 20 odd years now, most of that time in the largest French Pyrenean ski resort (Grand Tourmalet also known as Bareges and La Mongie), we never have queues at that time of year. I can definitely recommend Tourmalet if its not too far West for you (Western central Pyrenees is higher, closer the Atlantic weather systems - more snow sure).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Going to Grandvalira for a week on Sunday 7th Jan. I checked when the 3 Kings celebrations (Big in Spain) ended……hopefully got it right that they finish on on 6th Jan. Otherwise it’s likely that the Spanish/Andorran Pyrenees could be really busy. If I have the facts right then the traffic towards Barcelona could be fairly busy on Sunday afternoon and the slopes could be busy for the dates you mention……conditions permitting. Good luck !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies - in the end I decided it wasn't quite worth the risks (early season, potential crowds) given the short length of trip. Off to Malta instead Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
denfinella wrote:
Thanks for the replies - in the end I decided it wasn't quite worth the risks (early season, potential crowds) given the short length of trip. Off to Malta instead Laughing

Waterskiing?! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Their snowmaking must cost a fortune.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Orange200, yep, pretty rubbish vertical as well.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy