Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zillertal 2022/23

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?ext=1&lat=47.16667&lon=11.86667
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For Mayrhofen
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Matrix, Looks like a fair bit of snow the week we are there then, won't pack any sun block though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was spring skiing yesterday on the Ahorn (last few runs before our flight). +10 degrees at the Ahorn Ebanwald lift (mid down the home run). Fantastic corn on piste to mess around in. Very Enjoyable.

In need of some new snow but pistes holding up overall.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weather looks like a mixed bag next week, however plenty of new snow.

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If anyone has any fresh updates on snow conditions for Mayrhofen and surrounding area over this week it would be appreciated, we are heading out on 14th Jan. TIA.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is complete cover and great conditions. Looking up to Eggalm yesterday.

And today.

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JimboS, vast improvement. Looked very heavy snow on the webcam this morning
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Loving Mike's sports bar, the rooms are on a par with the Elisabeth!

https://youtube.com/shorts/nxOthke2w_I?feature=share
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Knee to waist deep pow everywhere this morning with the sun poking through now and again. Also spent time searching for a lost ski.

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Zell arena was perfect today, although the valley run was closed for no apparent reason . Sun was out most of the day which was great. Then caught the 3.10 bus back to the Hof to get the 4pm lift up the Ahorn before the light was gone.

Top.

Middle

Bottom.

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@JimboS, was there still some low hanging fruit to pick in the off piste or was all the easy accessible stuff tracked out
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@JimboS, Looks busy! Hope you are having a great time!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Mother hucker, I was surprised how much easy accessable stuff was untracked at Zell, I guess just because it was so quiet. I also got some good runs in yesterday at the Hoff still untracked off the Penken down through the trees to the top of the Horberbahn etc.

I didn't do my favourite run yesterday though, "valley of death" as cloud was coming and going and I didn't want to be stuck in a white out. Today would have been ideal for that though. Back up the Penken tomorro so will have another look then.
ski holidays
@russ_e, Having a great time! Steak salad up in Zell today.

latest report
Quote:

Zell arena was perfect today, although the valley run was closed for no apparent reason

Laughing Well part of it slid off to the grass a couple of weeks ago, maybe it's not open because there isn't enough of a base there yet.
snow report
Last day spent up the Penken etc. The weather turned out much better than expected so we attacked Death Valley. The girls found it hard going with the pow so deep but a great end to the week

latest report
@JimboS, why was the powder hard going? Too warm?
snow report
@VolklAttivaS5, Exactly, girls are used to 20cm of light pow, what we hadwas 50cm of dense pow, easy for me on a board but they found it hard work on skis.

Anywho, another fantastic week at the Hoff.
latest report
@JimboS, what sort of temp was it today then?
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, it was already above zero at 9 in the morning at the top of the Penken, so warm for the time of year.
ski holidays
@JimboS, thanks for the updates. Looks like another weather pattern possible this week. Fingers crossed temps don’t get too high! I am out again in a few weeks .
snow conditions
@JimboS, ah yes that is warm for the time of year.
snow conditions
Here is the new airbag at the fun park, however I'm now of an age that it's unlikely I'll ever give it a try. Shocked

snow report
@JimboS, hmm yes I’d be afraid one my skis would hit my teeth or something
latest report
Home now and wondering how the cost of living crisis will impact our yet to be booked Easter trip....

Anyway, something to take our minds off that, a short clip from early last week

https://youtube.com/shorts/xJOWyqf4ZUg?feature=share
snow conditions
I will be staying in Hochfugen this Saturday,till next thursday,if anybody fancy a ski and beer wherever the day takes us on or off piste I don't know the area all new to me. a good day is the most important not the miles. a car so. meet anywhere

Forst
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weather looks pretty severe for Thursday and Friday. Strong winds from the north west. I have been there with strong southerly winds which has closed lots of the lifts in the valley but does anyone have a view of NW winds has a big impact? Any areas in the valley which get less impacted by closures?
snow conditions
has there been as much snow fell as predicted so far today? How's the wind and what's the temperature?
snow conditions
It’s been chucking it down since last night and there was a lot of very nice easy pow off the sides of pistes. Snowing in town all day.
snow conditions
Sting wind yesterday but ok now.
snow conditions
avi level 4 I'm guessing? is there enough base in the trees now then?
snow report
I saw on the Zillertal Arena FB page earlier on that there was at least 40cm of snow overnight on the top of the car rooves parked in resort. Belting it down with snow on the video so I suspect there will be plenty of base down now especially with more to come as well.
latest report
A lot of wind loading. Anything high and steep would be a serious risk. Another 30-40cm tonight possible. We will ski Kaltenbach tomorrow if weather ok but I think limited off piste given the risk. We skied today within the Horberg area and off piste off the sides only. Full kitted packs. Trees were fun. Visibility poor.
ski holidays
@Mother hucker, tree runs were fine for us two weeks ago, must we plenty fine now.
snow report
@Matrix, yes lots of wind loading plus on top of that there’s that weak layer that was mentioned early season in the avalanche bulletins just before Christmas.
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, how much snow on top of the weak layer now? enough to bridge it yet?
snow conditions
https://www.bergfex.at/mayrhofen/webcams/c886/
ski holidays
@Mother hucker, https://avalanche.report/bulletin/latest
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy