Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz late March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello !

I've been going to St Foy for the past few years, and its time to try somewhere new.

Planning to go to La Clusaz, I heard its very charming place and quiet, the chalet says *ski to door* and closes to the following ski lefts:
Les Riffroid - 100 m
Beauregard Ski Lift - 100 m
La Patinoire Gondola - 150 m

- is it similar to St Foy crowd wise? looking for quiet slopes "specially on middle to late March"
- are those ski lefts near the chalet for easy slopes or should I look another location and chalet ? not looking for something far from lefts and I have first timers with us, all adults tho
- finally which is very important, how is usually the snow during those times?

i know I'm asking lots of questions, and any tip or advice also would help
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beauregard Ski Lift - 100 m
La Patinoire Gondola - 150 m

These are both main lifts, not just beginner slope lifts.

La Patinoire would just be an access lift to scoot down to another lift but takes you right up in to the main ski area after that.

Les Riffroid is a drag lift just serving a beginners slope.

We went at a similar time back in 2018, and everything was open, but that's just one year, I couldn't comment for what a normal year looks like.

https://www.laclusaz.com/medias/documents/PLAN-PISTES-LC2020-SANS_LOGO.pdf?_ga=2.147687102.800118263.1664352592-768914797.1662236821&_gl=1*1uc53so*_ga*NzY4OTE0Nzk3LjE2NjIyMzY4MjE.*_ga_YZBCKLYWZS*MTY2NDM1MjU5Mi4yLjAuMTY2NDM1MjU5Mi42MC4wLjA.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

are those ski lefts near the chalet for easy slopes or should I look another location and chalet ? not looking for something far from lefts and I have first timers with us, all adults tho

I'd say your location is pretty much perfect for first timers to access the easy slopes.

- Les Riffroid is the button lift for the beginners slope.
- Beauregard is a cabin takes you up Mount Beauregard which is a great place for beginners to progress (and also for heading over to the Manigod ski area which has a lot of nice blue slopes)
- La Patinoire takes you up to join the rest of the ski lift system for access to the rest of the slopes.

I've never been to St Foy so can't compare it but the slopes should be nice and quiet in mid March. They were never too bad in UK half term unless it clashed with the Paris weeks.

PS. My top tip. The top of Beauregard is a lovely sunny spot with great views that makes it a great place for beginners. There is one small section on the blue run down that's a little bit steep where most of the snow will have been scraped off by the end of the day. I'd definitely suggest beginners take the cabin back down until they've found their feet.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mid March is generally a good time, as noted above. I've never skied there, but have driven through several times and my only comment would be that La Clusaz village is at 1,100m and you definitely can't be certain of "resort level snow" in mid March. Whether your chalet is "ski in/out" would presumably depend on snow cover at that altitude.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy