Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boot backpack that will take a laptop!

Poster: A snowHead
Ok, I'm probably asking for way too much, but if there is anything available, someone on here will know!

What I'm hoping to find:

A backpack that will take a large (19" screen) laptop and a pair of ski boots (on the sides?)

Anyone got any ideas google can't find?

Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snokart do some good stuff, take a look at their Kabin Boot Bag. Not sure of the dimensions but a great piece of kit, worth looking at IMHO
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A Patagonia Black Hole 32L will fit a pair of big man ski boots (mondo 28 ) and a 16in MacBook Pro, coz I just tested it. However, you'd probably struggle to fit a monster 19in in there, as the 16in is quite snug.

Apparently GoRuck make something worth checking out too, but US based. Also Peak travel backpack and Osprey Farpoint were on the shortlist that Patagonia won.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ciderinsport, So what are the actual dimensions of the laptop?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ciderinsport, This is the carry-on bag I use for my boots. I can't see any reason why your laptop wouldn't fit in it. The bag isn't padded.

Big Agnes Big Joe Carry-All Duffel Travel Bag
Dimensions: 45L: 21" x 13.75" x 8.75" / 53 x 35 x 22cm
'Adjustable padded straps can be configured as both backpack and hand carry options. An optional side carry strap can be used when manoeuvring through airports or across a campsite.'

On sale here - https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Big_Agnes_Big_Joe_Carry-all_Duffel_Travel_Bag_45L_Orange-(322888). I have no connection with this company but have bought this bag and am happy with it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
"..On sale here - https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Big_Agnes_Big_Joe_Carry-all_Duffel_Travel_Bag_45L_Orange-(322888) : I have no connection with this company but have bought this bag and am happy with it..."

fixed the link (removed full stop at end of link)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@albob, Thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ciderinsport, Have a look at cabinzero.com, maybe their 44L would work. https://www.cabinzero.com/products/classic-44l-orange-chill
They produce baggage that complies with the airlines standard sizes and it is lightweight and sturdy.
We've just bought a couple and they seem good quality but we've not tested them yet.
British based company.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I swear by my Salomon Go To bag. been using for 10 years and still great., flat boots, laptop and extra room

On sale here https://www.snowleader.co.uk/extend-go-to-snow-gearbag-black-SALO06553.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw4JWZBhApEiwAtJUN0HLQlHxWMAPMGPUSMNw_9_wZ8N10r-0S0mEkNJe8PusZRvzsOtVIUxoCuKwQAvD_BwE

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 17-09-22 11:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@skimottaret, that looks good. We don’t travel with boots very often but something like that once our current boot packs expire looks interesting.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I also have a much more compact one but not sure will fit huge laptop

https://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/boot-bags/7035-lange-basic-duo-boot-bag-2021.html
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@under a new name, The sally one is great, fits all my heavy electronics, goggle pocket, laptop and shell jacket/trousers/gloves. Pretty much can take this and if luggage lost can still ski next day.

The Lange bag is perfect for just boots and a laptop.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, The sally one is great, fits all my heavy electronics, goggle pocket, laptop and shell jacket/trousers/gloves. Pretty much can take this and if luggage lost can still ski next day.

The Lange bag is perfect for just boots and a laptop.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I also have a much more compact one but not sure will fit huge laptop

https://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/boot-bags/7035-lange-basic-duo-boot-bag-2021.html
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I swear by my Salomon Go To bag. been using for 10 years and still great., flat boots, laptop and extra room

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Salomon-Extend-Snow-Backpack-Gloves/dp/B092Z9NXFP/ref=asc_df_B092Z9NXFP/?tag=amz07b-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=564855899214&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8937741487830033919&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006561&hvtargid=pla-1457933654825&psc=1&th=1
snow report
@skimottaret, can you get a helmet in the sally one??
ski holidays
@kitenski, Yup , should have mentioned that. it sits above the flat boots in the main compartment so stays fairly flat. If they ever weigh my carry on I would be in big trouble Wink
latest report
@skimottaret, I’ve managed many times to get on with boots in my heated boot bag!! Secret seems to be to keep it on my back so they can’t work out how big it is!!
ski holidays
@kitenski, Same with me on the heated bag but the OP wanted a flat one and the Go To bag suits that well.
latest report
Thank you all for the responses!

The Salomon Go To looks like the one for me. I want a rucksack one so I have hands free for dragging a holdall around.

I'll report back once it arrives!
latest report
I can report back - it's arrived!

It swallowed my size 10 boots and the laptop with a ton of room to spare!

Might have to avoid Ryanair / easyjet flights as it's huuuuuuge Laughing

Thanks for the reccomendations, can't wait to go now Very Happy
latest report
nice one, I've never been tugged when carrying on with that one...
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
nice one, I've never been tugged when carrying on with that one...

Is that on budget airlines? Just wondering if i can get away with it for a trip on Ryanair next month! Perfect size for a week by the sea!

Skiing I'm confident with, on a BA one.
ski holidays
Some more info here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154135#4682208
ski holidays
Early Saturday I'm on a Ryanair flight to the sun and sea. I have one of those 2 bag priority tickets and only need this one.

I've packed a weeks worth of everything I need (for a light travelling bloke!) with room to spare. It will squash down a bit to fit overhead.

Fingers crossed I'll get away with it!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy