Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lake Tahoe Ski Resorts - Which to Visit?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We rank the Lake Tahoe ski areas in order of overall mountain experience, and we highlight the strengths and weaknesses of each one.

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Worst for whom? Best for what?

I’m all for pointing out what each resort’s strength or weaknesses. But ‘ranking’?

One man’s treasure is another one’s trash.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
...and this goofy ranking is definitely not treasure in my book.

These ranking things have all been pretty underwhelming, like the skiing in them (not to be mean, but c'mon).

I'll briefly answer the question, though:
You can have fun at any of 'em but if you want the best of Tahoe it is found here:
Steeps: Kirkwood, Palisades
Trees: Heavenly
Cruising: Heavenly, Alpine
Vibe: if you want a Whistler-type village, Heavenly and Palisades have that on a smaller scale of course. Kirkwood is more old-school.
Beauty: any view of Lake Tahoe is fine, but don't discount the beautiful drive out to Kirkwood. And Heavenly's view of the Carson Valley would be notable except for the prom queen on the other side!

...and anybody coming a long way to ski multiple Tahoe areas should at least consider Mammoth. Arguably as good or better than any of the Tahoe areas, it gets forgotten due to the fact that it is 2+ hours south. Good town, too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pointless ranking them when so much comes down to personal taste and "on the day" conditions including crowds, operating cock ups by the resort (and there were a lot last year), weather (in a negative sense).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Things must have taken a turn for the worse… Toofy Grin

Looking back at their earlier contribution on snowheads, it started out as individual resort reviews. Appeared to be reasonably in-depth too.

But now this cheesy “ranking”? I wonder if they put this cr* on any of the US ski forums too? rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy