Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val-D'isere - ESF vs Evo2 for Kids group lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got specific preferences or experiences of ESF or Evolution2 for kids group lessons in Val D'Isere?

We're visiting in January and not sure which to go with. Previously when we went with Esprit they used Evo2 which were great but we have equally had good experiences of ESF although in different resorts. We are only looking for morning sessions.

ESF only do a 6 day session @318 Euro but are 9:30 to 12:30 which means later for us to get up the hill == busier and also harder to get lunch as we will want to be sitting down for it.
Evo2 do a 5 day session @320Euro (or 6 day @375Euro) which is 9:30-12 so less time & more expensive but better for lunch (frustratingly the web site shows 9-12 but then on booking shows 9:30-12)

So - any good / bad experiences?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stopped using ESF a long time ago, as it was too much of a lottery as to whether they would be good. All too often, the classes were too big and there was a "You will learn, even if it kills you" type attitude....though there were some good experiences.

I haven't used ESF in VDI, but have used Evo 2 many times (VDI and Tignes) for my Kids and never had a bad experience....so they would be my recommendation.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking against at Evo it looks like they are in fact 9-12 each day its just the first Sunday is 9:30 so I think we will go with them as it suits much better time wise.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, I have not used either but after extensive research last year I opted for Oxygene for my 5 and 6 year old girls. We were very impressed with the company, quality of tuition and the friendliness of the instructors. Both girls were complete beginners and were using chairlifts and snow ploughing down easy blues (from the Madeline lift)

But they are more expensive and a ski passes were necessary as their beginner slopes are at the top of the Solaise.

BTW STVI have raised the age of the free ski pass to 8 this season Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi- we have used both ESF and Evo2 in VDI. For us the only reason to use EVO2 was because at the time they would do a (private) lesson for a 3 yr old.

We've never had any issues with ESF, our three boys have had lots of ESF lessons (probably in the region of 30+/- weeks)between them from Piou piou through Gold and Competition without a problem. Have had good ESF experiences in VDI, Tignes, Meribel, Courchevel, Argentiere, Chamonix, Peisey, la Rosiere and Arcs 1850.

I'm not sure why there is a perception that ESF instructors are cold heartless psychopaths who are but a pole plant away from becoming serial killers. We've always found them to be charming, friendly and great with our kids.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I'm not sure why there is a perception that ESF instructors are cold heartless psychopaths who are but a pole plant away from becoming serial killers.

Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ed123 wrote:

I'm not sure why there is a perception that ESF instructors are cold heartless psychopaths who are but a pole plant away from becoming serial killers. We've always found them to be charming, friendly and great with our kids.

Funny you should say that - I was one pole plant away from death! Skullie
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy