Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas fee piste map

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody got a paper saas fee piste map they can spare ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They give them away in Saas fee.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
twoodwar wrote:
They give them away in Saas fee.

I'm aware of that. I'd like to peruse it in the 75 days before I get there thanks. And no, I don't want to look at the digital one.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Roguevfr, download it or snip and paste into word and print
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Call me old fashioned, I like the real thing.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The piste map for Saas-Fee changes regularly due to the glaciers melting. At least 10 pistes/runs have disappeared in the last 30 years, including the whole Hannig area.

For example this summer they have been cutting a new piste to replace the old red run which linked the Metro area to the Felskinn side of the resort. The old run had become too steep and narrow to be a red run, especially with poor snow conditions. Without this work lower ability skiers and boarders would loose access to a numbers of runs, as once you leave the top Metro pistes, the only way is down this piste.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Roguevfr, I totally understand, though I don’t have one. Doing homework in advance has saved my bacon many times.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have you tried an email to the tourist office saying how much you are looking forward to the visit and whether they could possibly post you a copy?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can understand wanting a paper one to put in your pocket when you go out on the slopes, but in the comfort of your own home even being old-fashioned doesn't really explain why you'd prefer it over a scrollable, zoomable pdf or similar.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
I can understand wanting a paper one to put in your pocket when you go out on the slopes, but in the comfort of your own home even being old-fashioned doesn't really explain why you'd prefer it over a scrollable, zoomable pdf or similar.

Until a paper map shows up - the OP can get his teeth into this scrollable zoomable pdf:

https://cdn.content.tuigroup.com/adamtui/2022_2/14_17/5e153163-e18f-4acc-b16a-ae3c01186a5d/CSH_Piste_Maps_SWI_SAA_02.pdf
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chaletbeauroc wrote:

He doesn't have to explain

I don't like online piste maps either
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I rarely find zoomable digital maps to resolve in any great resolution, so they're no real advantage over a paper one , also, I like to peruse it in circumstances where a phone or tablet is neither appropriate nor ideal.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roguevfr wrote:
I rarely find zoomable digital maps to resolve in any great resolution....

The one I linked to should not lose resolution as you zoom in (up to 500%).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy