Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nidecker Supermatic Step in bindings, the future?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
These look genuinely good, keep thinking about them since I saw this video back in April. I think they'll sell well. Would you buy them? Certainly at the high end budget wise (£350-360) but similar to Clew pricing and you can use your current boots so possibly not as big a hit as a Burton setup.

http://youtube.com/v/g7-dF21nM68

Still early I suppose for 2023 stock in the shops, however Absolute Snow were selling on pre-orders but noticed they sold out and the page is gone now?!

If you're in a mixed group with impatient skiers could be great, otherwise you're still having to wait for other boarders. I quite like having a break at the top anyway but can be fun to one foot off and just go.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

If you're in a mixed group with impatient skiers could be great, otherwise you're still having to wait for other boarders.

Most semi competent borders can easily strap into regular bindings in less than 15secs. I mostly ride with skiers and they are never "waiting around" for me. I don't really buy the time saving argument, if it does exist it's pretty negligible. Maybe for beginners it's a bigger time saving, but most of them are probably going to want to sit down to put their bindings on anyway.

I don't dislike them though. The fact you can use them with any boot is a massive advantage over the burton step ons.

Would I buy a pair? Nope. Too expensive. I can get a pair of cartels for over £100 less and they are tried and tested. A lot of risk for no real upside for me personally.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy