Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Career break trips

Poster: A snowHead
I apologize to bump up this relatively old topic.
I'm looking for a snowboard camp in EU ( 4-8 weeks) in Feb-March,23, similar to what Nonstop ( Off piste camp) and Alltracks offer. As of now I failed to find one.
Any suggestions or at least direction where to look would be great, thank you.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dmart wrote:

Any suggestions or at least direction where to look would be great, thank you.

A ski camp. You’re welcome.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@AL9000, that's really helpful for a new poster. rolling eyes
@dmart, welcome to snowHeads! Sorry I can't help, but I expect someone will be along who can.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hurtle, The best snow-based advice they’ll ever have.

(Anyone else ever get the feeling of being tailed by a group of Mi5 trainees?)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Throwing it out there but Japan has reopened its borders.

I thoroughly recommend Niseko grand Hirafu, new terrain and lifts have opened this year also.

There are some other great resorts nearby plus some good cat skiing operations. Great opportunity to experience light fluffy powder on and off piste. But if sun skiing is your thing you might be disappointed as it snows A LOT.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ooh also if you do go to Canada I thoroughly recommend Mark Impey at Canadian Ski Quest. He used to run the Non Stop programme out at Red Mountain (in Rossland). They usually have a series of week long courses with a good crowd of regulars that would be around your age bracket. Very good tuition. The nearby whitewater resort is also good fun and worth a visit.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle wrote:
@AL9000, that's really helpful for a new poster. rolling eyes .
AL9000 wrote:
@Hurtle, The best snow-based advice they’ll ever have.

I quite agree!

In this day and age, 20 years after internet forums had been around, I would have expected people learn how to “seek advice” on it. Sad Resurrecting a no-longer-active multi-page thread with a title not related to the advice sought is the best way to……get marginally relevant information at best!

But then, men had been able to speak a language for more than thousands of years. Yet, many still fail to communicate clearly and effectively.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Check UCPA out.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@abc, well, I'm sure you've now made this new poster feel most welcome and at home. Nice one.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dmart, welcome to SnowHeads.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle wrote:
@abc, well, I'm sure you've now made this new poster feel most welcome and at home. Nice one.

I know I didn’t make him felt most welcome on snowheads. But he wouldn’t be doing any better in any other forums either.

Yes, there’re gentler ways to tell him the same. But I wasn’t the one who posted that cryptic suggestion. Nor am I the one who criticize the poster who did so. I’m free to take side on this issue and criticize the criticizer.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dmart wrote:
I apologize to bump up this relatively old topic.
I'm looking for a snowboard camp in EU ( 4-8 weeks) in Feb-March,23, similar to what Nonstop ( Off piste camp) and Alltracks offer. As of now I failed to find one.

Not surprised you are having trouble finding one. 4-8 weeks is a long time, but not a season, so an awkward length of time. February means school half term holidays.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@abc, you are of course free to post what you want. Common courtesy is not a prerequisite. It makes no difference to me, I am fully acquainted with your unique style, but the OP won't be.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle wrote:
.. I am fully acquainted with your unique style.

Is that a critique of the criticizers criticizer’s criticism?

My knowledge of apostrophes doesn’t stretch that far. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Drifter210 wrote:
Throwing it out there but Japan has reopened its borders.

I thoroughly recommend Niseko grand Hirafu, new terrain and lifts have opened this year also.

Based solely on plenty of video evidence, I’d say Japow is the ONLY place where snowboards rule!
ski holidays
AL9000 wrote:
Hurtle wrote:
.. I am fully acquainted with your unique style.

Is that a critique of the criticizers criticizer’s criticism?

My knowledge of apostrophes doesn’t stretch that far. Little Angel

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Pre-uni I did dry-ski slope racing and teaching.
Post-uni we did 2 seasons 89/90 & 90/91:
first season was ski-guiding for Mark Warner skiing every day, all day except transfers, always their top group so lots of kms;
second season was weekend ski rental and then boot-fitting every weekday afternoon from 4pm - skiing every weekday all day.
Being young and skiing with lots of like-minded peers advanced my skiing no end, started me off ski touring and taught me how to ski powder in narrow waisted 203s

So, my personal experience of massively improving my skiing was brought about by loads of hours with a bunch of decent skiers and explorers.

My son (deeply infected by our love of skiing) completed his L3 and has had lots of GS race-training but has stopped the BASI path cos of Brexit - he had exposure to like-minded peers and three seasons under his belt so he’s a super skier, way better than me.

So, my son’s experience and ski development also took place in his late-teens/early twenties in resorts packed with 20-somethings…

For me, time on skis and skiing with those better than you is what gave the best progression.

Scrolling forward 30 years and putting myself into the boots of the OP ( @Glen Charman ) looking to develop their skiing significantly over a season, I’d be minded to attempt the same again but appreciate that there are fewer peers in their 50s out for a season than 20 yr olds.

I’d like to resist the instructor-training groups and would prefer to seek out my peers in resort - this might be easier in an English-speaking resort in Canada, US or Val d’Isere than in the rest of Europe. I can therefore, reluctantly, see the inevitable attraction of instructor-training groups - bit like a black hole.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy