Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Airways with suitcase and skis in the hold.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Perhaps this is already common knowledge, but I just booked flights with BA and made a discovery. If you want to fly with both a bag and skis in the hold, without paying for business class, you have to book, then PHONE British Airways (Yes, really!!!!) and add the skis at £65 per flight (this gets you another 23kg as well).
Of course if you can manage with a big ski bag (23kg) and a cabin bag then this is unnecessary. However I have a bad back which is easily provoked by the wrong bed, so have to use my cabin allowance for a backpack with a roll of memory foam.
Quite unbelievable that you can't add skis on line.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowball wrote:
Perhaps this is already common knowledge, but I just booked flights with BA and made a discovery. If you want to fly with both a bag and skis in the hold, without paying for business class, you have to book, then PHONE British Airways (Yes, really!!!!) and add the skis at £65 per flight (this gets you another 23kg as well).
Of course if you can manage with a big ski bag (23kg) and a cabin bag then this is unnecessary. However I have a bad back which is easily provoked by the wrong bed, so have to use my cabin allowance for a backpack with a roll of memory foam.
Quite unbelievable that you can't add skis on line.

If so, that's not great given the wait times on the phone you can get with BA (and careful not to ring their premium rate numbers), and that's hardly a bargin price per flight.

But can't you just add another check-in bag on booking or on the app, then on checking in you substitute the 2nd check-in bag for a ski bag as you can do that (they seem happy as long as the ski bag meets certain dimensions) and you don't need to book a ski bag with BA?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well this was what BA told me beforehand over the phone when I couldn't find a way to add my skis. When I phoned them again to add the ski bag I asked wasn't there a way to add baggage on-line and was told no.
However, since posting the above I have read through my ticket and it says you can add more bags on "Manage my Booking". I went and looked but I cannot see any way to do it. You can upgrade to business class on there or change your booking to another flight, or add a hotel or car booking.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowball, at an extra £130 return for an additional ski bag to add to your hold bag it's often better value to get business class, then you get the ski bag (2nd hold bag) included plus you get a meal and drink onboard plus you get use of the business lounges.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Struggled to find good use of BA Avios but think travelling business class to Geneva / Lyon is good use. Get extra baggage allowance
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@snowball, at an extra £130 return for an additional ski bag to add to your hold bag it's often better value to get business class, then you get the ski bag (2nd hold bag) included plus you get a meal and drink onboard plus you get use of the business lounges.

Correct, or travel a lot and get to Gold status so everyone on the booking gets 2 hold bags and each gold can guest one person into the F Lounge and use The First Wing. We have 4 of us travelling on redemption flights to Venice next year and it's cost about 4 quid. Exit row seats in economy with more legroom than Club Europe as well...... It did take a lot of hard work to get to Gold though!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowball wrote:
However, since posting the above I have read through my ticket and it says you can add more bags on "Manage my Booking". I went and looked but I cannot see any way to do it.

Odd, as checked one on my upcoming trips on BA and the add bag option was there in Manage my Booking. (Didn’t go through with it obviously to fully check).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowball,

BA says, as you know, you can take a ski bag/skis as your checked hold luggage. In fact what they say is: 'You can take skiing or snowboarding equipment as part of your checked baggage so long as the bag is within 190 x 75 x 65cm.

You don't need to let us know in advance that you are bringing a snow sports bag but, as these larger bags need individual handling, please get to the airport and check it in at least 90 minutes before your flight departs.

You will then need to take your tagged bag to the out-of-gauge baggage belt no later than 90 minutes before your flight to make sure it flies with you.

Skis and snowboards must be packed in a protective bag and can be in the same bag as your boots or clothes. 

If you pack your boots separately from your skis or snowboard, your boot bag can be carried as hand baggage if it's within the correct dimensions. If it doesn't, it must be checked in and will count as an extra checked bag.'

But you can add an extra hold bag, £65/23kg, in addition to your skis. I have just checked a BA booking I have and I can do this through manage my booking and last winter I did it at the airport (in error because I hadn't read the above properly and had to pay for a second bag on 4 flights - that was expensive).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @Dr.Snow, yes I saw that bit on their blurb about baggage on the website.

Oh damn, I spent a while looking for a third time at "Manage my bookings". I finally noticed one of those groups of 3 lines and I pressed it and there it was.
I'm afraid I'm an old guy who hasn't discovered lots of things about how to operate in the internet. I finally got a smart phone last year though I've had a computer for years.
So why, I wonder, did the person at BA I contacted on the phone tell me it couldn't be done on-line and I had to phone them? Still fairly silly you have to book and then change your booking. How are you meant to guess that?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy