Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Village Montana Apartments - Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks

Has anyone stayed in the Village Montana apartments in le lac?

I’ve seen them on Inghams site plus a few others. Seem to be reasonable deals on flights and accommodation.

Needs to be close to ski school for the kids and ideally not a shoe box with kids sleeping in alcoves!

Any other thoughts on self catering accommodation in Tignes that might fit the bill?

Also seen Résidence La Ferme du Val Claret with sun web that looks good.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BenAd wrote:
Hi Folks

Has anyone stayed in the Village Montana apartments in le lac?

I’ve seen them on Inghams site plus a few others. Seem to be reasonable deals on flights and accommodation.

Needs to be close to ski school for the kids and ideally not a shoe box with kids sleeping in alcoves!

Any other thoughts on self catering accommodation in Tignes that might fit the bill?

Also seen Résidence La Ferme du Val Claret with sun web that looks good.

Thanks!

Can't comment on Village montana. But we have booked twice in Le Lac with the agency https://www.appartatignes.com/ and they've been good to deal with.
A few years ago we stayed in Le Bec Rouge. Apartment was newly renovated and perfect for us. Ski in / ski out if you're an average skier. If not, it's just a couple of minutes walk to the ski schools / lifts.
This year we stayed in the Phoenix residence practically across from Le Bec Rouge. Apartment was very expensive but absolutely lovely (we had non skiing grandparents with us so nice accommodation was a priority). Not ski in / out but slightly closer to the lifts / schools than le Bec Rouge - i'd say a 90 second walk. Great location. Convenient for apres pizza/waffles etc with the kids. The kids also enjoyed the playground, igloos in Le Lac and the little hill for sledging beside the Tovieres lift.

Hope the above is helpful. Not sure of your budget / size of family / when you're going so may or may not be of use to you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed in the Montana Apartments about 15 years ago - I dont think they have had much of a renovation since then, so may be a wee bit tired? Also, when we stayed we were right opposite the hotel and used their facilities, but they cover a large area and you "might" be even further than we were !

They are decent sized, all have floorplans - Ours was a bit of a walk from the Maison de Tignes (i.e. to and from skischool rendezvous point). That isnt much of a problem if you are an adult and just tired after a day skiing, but kids may be full on whingeing. It doesnt look far on the map, but take it from me, tired kids, ski boots, skis etc etc.............

I would second the post above re Appartatignes as we also stayed in the Phoenix alast year - amazing apt, cant better the location imv. If you were happy to do your own flights / transfers etc, I would be tempted to send them an email - english is fine - explaining what your requirements are.

Full disclosure, I know someone who works at Appartatignes, but I wouldnt point you toward if they were not excellent.

As a general point, you wont get a dirt cheap deal on somewhere right smack on the snow front, unless the apartment is knackered !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Think it's fair to say the Montana was the first to break the mould 20 years ago modelling itself as a four star. Even the French football team stopped there a couple of summers. I can attest to the long schlep uphill if you are allocated the wrong one.

There are better places now but would probably involve sorting own flights and transfers.

Aparthotel Denali would fill the bill, as it's close to the snow front and spacious.

This team would be eager to help if you don't want to do it all yourself.

https://peakfeeling-ski.com/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fantastic, thanks for the recommendations. None of these were on my radar and all look like they fit the bill perfectly!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stayed in the one in Val Claret last December. Was tired and in need of renovation. Wifi also questionable. Getting a Covid related refund was also painful. Shame as used to be a regular customer.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy