Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss ch399 magic pass

Poster: A snowHead
This season pass appears very good value . Anyone's had use it ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is very good value and very popular with the locals who do weekends at Villars or Leysin and longer holidays at Saas Fee or Grimentz. It’s up to 459chf and will be going up again soon so get in quick if you want it
https://www.magicpass.ch/en/?gclid=CjwKCAjw3qGYBhBSEiwAcnTRLq7JzKL0HNF95xvR2JCu3Jmc5Zr_mpGOUmanaEUx9dvz68N2O1Y9sRoCXx4QAvD_BwE
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I actually came across a YouTube channel the other day of someone that documented their season of using the pass.

https://www.youtube.com/c/SimonthegoChannel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@BobinCH, Do you know when it usually ges on sale with the biggest discount?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@adithorp, In general next season's lift pass deals are usually announced around the end of the previous season, so mid-April or thereabouts. I do recall that there was a special 'Flash Sale' on PDS season passes for the first 1000 applications on April 15th this year, for example.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all your replies I will go ahead and get the pass now
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
adithorp wrote:
@BobinCH, Do you know when it usually ges on sale with the biggest discount?

April for a few weeks at 399chf - get on their mailing list for the notification. Someone usually posts it on SH too
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I still regard Top 4 at 777chf good value for money.
Magic pass at 399 is the next level in bargains!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I got the Magic Pass at 399Chf in April - and it allowed me to ski the last week of last season at Saas Fee for just 99Chf. Have three trips planned for the forthcoming season using the pass! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can someone confirm that I need a SwissPass to buy the yearly half fare travelcard? I signed up for one online on Thursday night. Some people say that it costs 30chf, if you lost it. Some say you need a photograph. Some say they will post to your house and will arrive after 10 days. It's not clear. I bough a magic pass back in April so I'm keen to make a few trips over the season.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jamtastx wrote:
Can someone confirm that I need a SwissPass to buy the yearly half fare travelcard? I signed up for one online on Thursday night. Some people say that it costs 30chf, if you lost it. Some say you need a photograph. Some say they will post to your house and will arrive after 10 days. It's not clear. I bough a magic pass back in April so I'm keen to make a few trips over the season.

Don’t think you need a SwissPass as SBB are actually separating from SwissPass if I understand correctly. You do need to do an identity check. Details here:
https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/railpasses/half-fare-travelcard.html
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BobinCH, You're a legend. Thank you. I spent about 10 minutes going through a series of security photographs, and voilá. I now have a customer number to order a half fare travelcard. Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BobinCH, I was under the impression (probably wrong!) that you needed to be a Swiss resident to get a Swiss Pass or half-fare card. Is that so? Thank you.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@LOTA, no it’s not. We had half-fare cards for years before we became residents.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@telford_mike, Thank you, I will be filling in the forms as soon as I've finished here! Magic Pass and half-fare cards - what a season this could be! Very Happy
snow conditions
Hi @LOTA, maybe your speaking metaphorically but if you follow that link https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/railpasses/half-fare-travelcard.html . There's an option to fill in a form , but there's also an option to register for a SwissPass account and then confirm your identity using your mobile phone. (taking a picture of your passport) and several pictures of your face using your mobile phone camara. It was a bonus for me as I'm off to Basel mid-month and I thought I'd only be able to register when I got there and that the cards wouldn't arrive on time.
ski holidays
You can get the demi-tarif simply from the ticket office of a rail station. ID and proof of address needed, but address doesn't need to be in Switzerland (mine is in France). You can then auto-renew, I last did mine a couple of years back and it was CHF165.
The SwissCard does interact ok with the App (tickets for Leman Express) and is also valid on the CGN boats between CH and France.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy