Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2022 / 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Macker13 wrote:
I’m what one might say is 1 beneath expert, my other half is in snow plough verging on parallel and very nervous. He teaches us both fantastically well.
OK thanks for this. Useful to know. Any idea how to contact him though? I don't seem to find any contact details for him? Is he part of a ski school or does he have a website? At best I found his Messenger but not sure if that is looked at.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He doesn’t advertise as he has so many clients by word of mouth. Used to work for ESF now is independent. Your choice. But all I’d say is he’s the best I’ve ever been coached by. Suggest messaging him on Instagram
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ganni, sianski has been good for a lot of our
chalet clients with quite an individual based focus which sounds important in the case of your wife.
https://www.sianski.com/lessons

If your wife does not run for example or do other exercise that brings out this problem it could be early onset arthritis, meniscus tear etc but only niggles with knee heavy activities. If skiing is the only type of that she does maybe that explains she has a (hopefully) small problem in the knee that only rears it's head when skiing.

My husband has many knee problems and running (he no longer does it) and skiing are the aggravates.

Of course, ski instructors are not doctors and neither am I.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
julietp wrote:
Ganni, sianski has been good for a lot of our
chalet clients with quite an individual based focus which sounds important in the case of your wife.
https://www.sianski.com/lessons

If your wife does not run for example or do other exercise that brings out this problem it could be early onset arthritis, meniscus tear etc but only niggles with knee heavy activities. If skiing is the only type of that she does maybe that explains she has a (hopefully) small problem in the knee that only rears it's head when skiing.

My husband has many knee problems and running (he no longer does it) and skiing are the aggravates.

Of course, ski instructors are not doctors and neither am I.
Thanks. I checked with Sian but she is fully booked. Indeed skiing is the only thing that brings it out. She doesn't run though but does tons of yoga and also strengthening exercises. None of that causes her any problems. For doctors its a mystery. For us (especially her) its a bit of a pain in the a$$ and it saps her confidence.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skiing is not helping my MCL strain and meniscus tear rolling eyes However lots of fresh snow, but wetter lower down but is fine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Boris, are you keeping it warm? That's mostly why I wear a neoprene thingy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hurtle, deep heat and knee brace, I’m fine on gentle slopes, it’s only when steep it twinges
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Boris, Sad take care
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hurtle, thank you, I will.

Anyway, more snow fell overnight at village level and forecast shows more in coming days. I think they’ll be plenty for those coming next week.

This was Vallandry yesterday evening - day before this was bare
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bizarrely problem is now too much snow. Arc 2000 all closed.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was going to ask - the webcams all show no one up high. Any news on when they're likely to open or is it a waiting game?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Waiting game until it's all deemed safe.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In the trees around Derby etc it is lovely
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid034TCFE5yHv6s5x2g5X4nRMmtfipEUUw4gi7AkAGauxbujdNfQXJSHdak6jT6Y3SX7l&id=100064778348627

Snow clearance in 2000 this morning
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arrive in Arc 1600 tonight. There was some snow on the ground from just above Bourg st Maurice and fresh snow on the ground in Arc 1600. It is quite cold tonight. In fact it is colder than Christmas. Though I imagine the avalanche risk tomorrow will be very high I'm really looking forward to the skiing.
snow conditions
Everyone's out today! Beautiful sunny day
ski holidays
The sun is shining, the snow. Is in excellent condition; firm snow to 1600, slightly heavy powder on the blacks down from the varet, no lift queues, quietish piste. In fact just about a perfect ski day. (Except that I lost the belt of my mojo and it will take until Friday to get a replacement)
snow report
Was indeed a brilliant day. Dodgy knee means cruising the blues, but managed few laps of Mont Blanc and a tour around Arc2000 bowl
snow report
I was watching the webcams today. It really did look like a beautiful day

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 28-03-23 17:01; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
The guys in the K2 shop lent me an old sit belt formy mojo for tomorrow so I will be able to manage some skiing without too much pain. Good on them.

Skied down to 1600 this afternoon about 5pm and the pistes were still slush fre Smile
ski holidays
It’s raining lightly this morning in 1600

I discovered some sad news yesterday at the altiport. The water skiing pond and big air bag are no more. Apparently taken out because of a number of accidents. It was always a good way to spend the end of the day watching the brave involuntarily swimming.
snow report
A little fresh snow at top this morning. Took our annual trip over to La Plagne today, very sticky snow below 2000m but fun nevertheless
ski holidays
@johnE, A pity to lose those entertainments to the safety elfs. .

As one who took the walk of shame, post a full body immersive experience in the pool, I feel suitably qualified to comment "FFS - grow a pair" to those who'd stop such fun and games.
snow conditions
Like @Boris, we went over to La Plagne for the day. It was the first time in 20 years we went down to Plagne 1800. The snow was not slushy but of that grip-slide type that was very very tiring being pitched forward and backward all the time. I found that long blue down from the Arpette to the Vanoise express in particular an unpleasant endurance test. We caught the VE at 16:00 and went up the Peisey lift to discover the area completely deserted. Where have all the people gone? It was the same coming down from the Vagere lift - no one about. Mind you it was the 17:15 lift we caught after a cup of tea at the Snow Strawberry.
latest report
Rain this morning in Vallandry, but slopes above Derby ang Arc bowl all good. Slushy back to resort and a few bare patches showing. Fingers crossed for snow at weekend
ski holidays
The snow above 2000m still good - better than yesterday, but getting thin below a few plaques de terre showing.

The resort is very quiet with almost no one about. I counted 14 empty chairs above us on the cachette lift.
ski holidays
@Boris, fancy a drink sometime. I'm here until Monday.
snow report
Have been watching the forecast. It's looking like that promised snow is going to be rain instead.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Owlette wrote:
Have been watching the forecast. It's looking like that promised snow is going to be rain instead.

Next week? I guess the freeze line is a little high, but still mostly below 2000m if not 1000m

Which site are you checking, I've been monitoring snow-forecast.com like a hawk!
snow conditions
Both YR and Accuweather.
snow conditions
@Owlette, snow-forecast.com showing dumping Fr-Sun with FL at 1400 to 1600m during the day on Sat and Sun.

Forecast couldn't be any better for people going out next week.
ski holidays
@johnE, nice idea, but sadly last day for us tomorrow

Forecasts are either great or not great, for those heading out fingers crossed for lots of snow
ski holidays
From winter temperatures and 25cms of good quality fresh powder …

To spring temperatures and sloppy porridge in 2 days…

…Mad March going out malevolently…with April Fools’ Day approaching.
snow conditions
Thanks for posting the pics - where were they taken? i.e. which piste and what altitude please
latest report
Layne wrote:
@Owlette, snow-forecast.com showing dumping Fr-Sun with FL at 1400 to 1600m during the day on Sat and Sun.

Forecast couldn't be any better for people going out next week.

I am keeping everything crossed!
snow report
@eps, the ones with mud are on run into Vallandry I think l, so around 1600m
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
@eps, the ones with mud are on run into Vallandry I think l, so around 1600m

Oh no!!! Sad

Hopefully the incoming snowfall and freezing line lowering will sort that out a bit Smile

Alternatively we'll just have to go high
snow report
@eps, it’s fine higher up, we’ve been around Arc bowl today and into 1800 and 1600. It’s spring snow lower down and there is one run into Vallandry which is very bare. But plenty of good skiing to be had.
latest report
Cool Cool
latest report
@eps, @Owlette, as Boris says, you will be fine snowHead It was really quite warm yesterday, but the temperatures are forecast to go down, and in any case, there's plenty of snow now. Admittedly, you won't be wanting to spend a lot of time in the lower parts of the resorts, but you will have lots of fun higher up! As johnE says, getting down to the Vanoise Express is a bit of a pain (although it will be better when it's cooler) but the skiing on both sides is worth the effort.

We drove back home this afternoon (would have liked to stay longer, but have stuff to do), but we are seriously considering another trip in a week or two. These are the best conditions that we've seen this season - it's way better than December and January.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy