Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2022 / 2023

Poster: A snowHead
thefatcontroller wrote:
If you want a weird experience go on the live cam for Arc2000, it is presently transmitting upside down....

https://www.lesarcs.com/livecams

We stood outside the Taj I Mar ? (Well we call it the kama sutra Very Happy ) there's a cam on there, waved to a friend back home on the internet while talking to him on phone Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crikey, Skiing "downunder"
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very weird to watch!

I hear it's snowing in Les Arcs!!!

snowHead too
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lovely view above the clouds from the glacier tonight..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BKK wrote:
Who stops for lunch? I guess only the fortunate one who are out for more than a week Toofy Grin

Lol BKK! I used to like that (who stops for lunch?) but this bloody thing happens ----- you get old!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Les Arcs webcams are showing Snow falling !!! snowHead :: Long may it fall....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Let It snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You need to get your snow dancing clogs on @Owlette, to build ut up pending your visit Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh they're on! There's others on here out there the same week, and even a week later. I'm sure they'll join me in a snow dance.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can anyone recommend a place to get skis serviced in arc 2000.
Cheers
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any updates on the snow that was falling yesterday? Off to la rosier across the valley next week.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
About 4/5 cm
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@pmercer, 1or 2cm only will have been more on the border to Italy , I was in La Rosiere for a day two weeks ago the snow in Italy was in better shape mid mountain upwards than La Rosiere . La Rosiere took a lot of warm sun last week fancy you’ll find the best over the border .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking at the models there is half a chance of snow around the 7th/8th - still a long way out.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anything which keeps it topped up until 25th March I'll take

At least it's cold (at moment) so hopefully will preserve it with maybe a little snow making as well
latest report
pmercer wrote:
Any updates on the snow that was falling yesterday? Off to la rosier across the valley next week.

The webcam at les arcs 1800 reveals that the 'brown' bits covered yesterday are back today.. Sad
snow conditions
@albob, yep the Vallandry cam is back to showing slivers of white down to village
latest report
Boris wrote:
@albob, yep the Vallandry cam is back to showing slivers of white down to village

Where do you find that cam, in Plan Peisey next week, so of some interest Smile
ski holidays
Found it, I'd forgotten this existed

https://app.webcam-hd.com/lesarcs/vanoise-express
snow report
stevew wrote:

Interesting looking back at 1st March 2022 on that camera archive, it wasn't hugely different to now.
I suspect the base was deeper last year though!

We did then get a huge dump of snow on 31st March-1st April so fingers crossed for this year too!
latest report
stevew wrote:

Here is another way...

http://app1.webcam-hd.com/lesarcs
snow report
Has anyone used an electric vehicle charger in Arc 1800? There appears to be some reasonably fast chargers in the Shell ReCharge network located somewhere near the EdenArc development. Anyone spotted these, or used them?
snow report
@rob@rar, not a lot of use to you maybe, but there's 4 in Arc 1950 - and more on the way. €20 for 4 hours iirc., can't leave the car plugged in overnight (presumably to ensure access for others?).

Friend had hired a hybrid from GVA, (as seems to be the case however, no-one checks the battery level, so v little charge on it when hired...), worked well, and meant he got back without using ICE, so just BSM Super_U prices paid to return with a full tank.
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:
stevew wrote:

Here is another way...

http://app1.webcam-hd.com/lesarcs

I had a bit of a shock when I looked at the Arcs 1800 camera from that site, then I realised the picture was from 12/10/2022.

Snow looks a bit sparse in Vallandry, i'm heading there on the 12th March. ON the plus side it looks like there slopes are open down there and there's plenty of snow higher up.
snow conditions
Arctic Roll wrote:
@rob@rar, not a lot of use to you maybe, but there's 4 in Arc 1950 - and more on the way. €20 for 4 hours iirc., can't leave the car plugged in overnight (presumably to ensure access for others?).

Friend had hired a hybrid from GVA, (as seems to be the case however, no-one checks the battery level, so v little charge on it when hired...), worked well, and meant he got back without using ICE, so just BSM Super_U prices paid to return with a full tank.
Thanks, I'd spotted that there were some chargers in 1950. Upon further research (the ChargeMap app seems to offer more info for French charge points than ZapMap or the Shell ReCharge app) it looks like there are four 22kW chargers just a short walk from my apartment in Arc 1800 and four more in the Charvet garage, so I'll just need to make sure I've got my Type 2 cable with me and I can get a top-up at reasonable speed. They all seem to be in the Shell ReCharge network so I'll make sure I have an active account. A Tesla V3 SuperCharger in Bourg would be nice though...
ski holidays
@stevew, Yes I like that cam to give a view of overall snowline. You can also see "up" the valley to the Nordic Ski Centre which is of interest to boy
ski holidays
might snow next week !?

latest report
Should do - according to snow-forecast.com as well..

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have found this website to be very accurate on weather forecasts.

https://www.bergfex.com/les-arcs-bourg-saint-maurice/wetter/prognose/
ski holidays
That says 72cm on Wednesday!
ski holidays
The forecast does seem to be moving about a lot. Anyway looking forward to next week, arriving tomorrow afternoon and stopping in Plan Peisey
snow report
So I am reading on the official website there was 4cm of fresh snow this week?
snow report

Quick hour or so this afternoon, cover thin and scratchy but not much slush and largely deserted
latest report
Thanks for previous posts about the refurbishment of the Arpette restaurant. I agree with comments that it’s not good. We’ve been coming to Les Arcs for more than 20 years and loved the Arpette before. The way they managed huge numbers, the long benches with ski school kids and a jug of chocolat chaud, the thick wood benches with the feel of a refuge, the brilliant service and food, the skiing on TVs. It seemed a bit of a counterpoint to the Disneyfication of the mountain.

Of course things change, but seriously this new version seems a major backward step. I’m generally not hasty with criticism, but, for France, the food in the ‘self’ is truly terrible now and comes accompanied by piped music too! I’ve seen bad reviews of the table-service side too. The previous inside atmosphere is gone, though the terrace is alive as ever.

Truly the end of an era! Sad
ski holidays
The wigglies look amazing for the coming 7 days !!

[img] https://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/ens_image.php?geoid=47348&var=201&run=6&date=2023-03-07&model=gfs&member=ENS&bw=1 [/img]

I can never get images to post properly!!
snow report
ringingmaster wrote:
The wigglies look amazing for the coming 7 days !!

https://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/ens_image.php?geoid=47348&var=201&run=6&date=2023-03-07&model=gfs&member=ENS&bw=1

I can never get images to post properly!!

Weird and this one is FLAT until the 15th !! for Les Arcs..

https://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/show_diagrams.php?model=gfs&lid=ENS&var=201&bw=&geoid=43290
snow report
@albob, Thats the wrong Les Arcs. Look at the Lat Long
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
Has anyone used an electric vehicle charger in Arc 1800? There appears to be some reasonably fast chargers in the Shell ReCharge network located somewhere near the EdenArc development. Anyone spotted these, or used them?

There are 3 double chargers like this at EdenArc

snow report
@kevinrhead, thanks, that’s a great location for me as I can see my place in the background of your photo, as you know. Probably won’t use it until next winter, but nice to know they have installed a number of EV chargers.

Pleased to see that snow is finally forecast!
latest report
ringingmaster wrote:
@albob, Thats the wrong Les Arcs. Look at the Lat Long

Oh dear Embarassed Embarassed :: but I'm glad to be wrong !!

===

This is for Les Arcs 1800 snowHead

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy