Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter destinations and possible satellite villages!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok so narrowed it down to Tignes and val thorens!
I know Tignes well but going with family and leaning towards val thorens, simply because i havnt been and wouldn’t mind trying it.
Was looking at possibly staying in the linked areas of les muniers or anywhere else? Does anyone know, for that time of year would it still be ok staying lower down or would it be essential to stay high ?

Please let me know your thoughts or suggestions for any other resorts or other places to consider that might be linked .
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Menuires itself is pretty high (1850m or 6000ft), so should be Ok at that time of year..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The EosB falls just after Easter next year. Every time I've been to that, LesMenuires has been slushy at best and most often has some runs closed.
Staying there would slso mean you need a whole valley or 3v area pass to ski VT and in/out of LM rather than just a VT(and Orelle) pass.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rom77, been twice to Les Menuires late season in recent years.

Great option in my opinion.

TR's for 2019 and for 2022

You can easily scoot up Masse, over to Val T or to Mont Vallon and rest of the 3V's easily and you will always be able to ski back - all be it a bit slushy and the fact that Les Menuires is quite large so you need to figure out exactly where your apartment is.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Rom77, easter is pretty early next year so all of the 3V should be open. They are advertising it as open until the end of April although VT often stay open a few more weeks after that. So you could stay anywhere in the 3V but with the proviso that the lower slopes would be becoming slushy and patchy by mid afternoon. I would imagine Les Menuires will be almost 100% open at Easter. VT will almost certainly be 100% open. I dont think you need to worry about staying high. Yes the snow will be better higher up but you'll be able to navigate around the 3V without much hassle. Mottaret is another decent option as it's (arguably) the best linked village in the 3V in terms of how many lifts you need to get to any given point. It's up reasonably high so the snow will be nicer there than in Meribel and I think (without checking the piste map so open to correction) you can get to most places in the 3V in 2 lifts or less. For my money it's a nicer village than Les Menuires but that's subjective.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy