Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2022 / 2023

Poster: A snowHead
If its late there is always the 24 hour Beaufort Cheese vending machine on Aime main road (on the left as you go up) Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Intermittently rainy today in Lapland. Some wet flocons and thick cloud from just below the top of the Roche de Mio. Glacier section closed all day. Retired to the Roc des Blanchet for an early finish on our last day.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin wrote:
If its late there is always the 24 hour Beaufort Cheese vending machine on Aime main road (on the left as you go up) Toofy Grin

24 hour cheese vending machine! That sounds awesome!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jonpim, @Handy Turnip, If you would go to the E.Leclerc, coming from Moutiers, it's possible just to stay on the N90, to go past the exit of the N90 for Aime, and 500 m further there is an exit specifically for the E.Leclerc and other shops. After shopping, do not go back up the N90 (as you would go too far) but take the road through Aime to Macot and up the mountain.
I'm usually quite satisfied with the E.Leclerc but 2 weeks ago I was exceptionally in the Carrefour in Moutiers and bought delicious little easter eggs, because they were good we finished them and when I went to the Leclerc earlier this week again for a bigger shop I was disappointed that they only had eggs that I don't love as much. So there is the difference Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi all, I am planning to fly out to Geneva Airport on my own on Monday 27th March, but can't find any transfers for less than 250 euros as they are all private....does anyone have any advice or am I just going to have to bite the bullet? Thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
probably too late for this reply, not use this route myself but i was told that you can get train to aime from geneva takes around 3 to 4 hours and a couple of changes for less than 50 euros
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thephilhouse wrote:
Hi all, I am planning to fly out to Geneva Airport on my own on Monday 27th March, but can't find any transfers for less than 250 euros as they are all private....does anyone have any advice or am I just going to have to bite the bullet? Thanks

Jump on the train from GVA to Moutiers/Aime, then taxi from there...???
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Thephilhouse, Try www.altibus.com the local bus service. Was 69 euros one way from Geneva airport to Moutiers and around 2 hours journey time the other week when our son visited and the trains were on strike
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all, alright bus doesn't seem to run Mondays like all of the shared services I looked at... I will take a long at the train options though
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like it's starting to snow, and should continue due a couple lots days, with the snow line getting lower into tonight and tomorrow.

Anyone in resort have a view on where it's currently at?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
1800: Big snow, Big flakes.
Started off a couple of hours ago with rain, then sleet, now snow.
Lying on the trees, lying on the road, but don't feel that cold on my balcony.
Visibility not good, so a day for drilling and putting-things-up.
(also known as doing the jobs that should have been done ages ago)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks @Jonpim, it's lining up to be a glorious start to April.

One a week till I come, looks like the trip up the mountain to Belle Plagne on the 1st might be a fun one!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Thephilhouse, The altibus service has 2 journeys on Monday to Moutiers from Geneva airport -13.00 arriving at 15.00 and 15.45 arriving at 18.00.
Maybe get a taxi from Moutiers to where you're staying or even try blablacar to see if you can find yourself a lift.

@Handy Turnip, Has been snowing in Champagny village this morning.
We're off to RdB for lunch so will be able to have a bit of a ski rather than odd jobs.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Handy Turnip, a fellow snowhead is out there and sent me a few pics - I was drooling, looked like winter wonderland of fresh snow! Enjoy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers @8611, @skichampcouk - I can't wait!! It's going to be hard to take my eyes off the webcams this week
snow report
I've been checking the forecast and webcams almost daily for weeks now!!
snow report
eps, only daily? Impressed! snowHead
snow report
Possibly hourly....
snow conditions
Well, another brilliant day.
After near continual snow yesterday, and some more overnight, it was snowing again this morning.
Nearly enough on the balcony for a snowman.
Then as we set out after a lazy breakfast it brightened up, the sun came out, and there was blue sky.
And boot high soft snow everywhere.

There is some benefit for keeping André Martozolf and Emile Allais closed most of the season: they are now essentially quiet off-piste runs through the trees.
Still closed today, but a fair number have gone down. And they are quite lovely.
André Martozolf skied far less: more people go across the top of Golf lift rather than behind it, so missing the Martzolf run.
And no obvious reason for staying closed. Snow cover is excellent until the runs merge, then there are some thin patches - maybe that is the reason for closure: keeping that bottom section intact (if the runs were open) would have required some piste maintenance that the resort (it seems) can't be bothered with.

Morbleu is listed as closed on Yuge and Lift Status, but the closed sign was rolled back when we got there. Also a good ski.
We went back up Becoin to try Java, but the weather turned from sunny to whiteout and blizzard as we rode the lift.
We stood at the top of Java and couldn't see a thing. Not worth it.
We headed in for a long leisurely lunch at Monica's.
Came home in a blizzard, but now snow is just a trickle.

If the sun comes out tomorrow as forecast it should be another brilliant day.
snow conditions
And it was a lovely day. Full sun in blue sky, brief cloud-over lunchtime, now sunny again.
Not quite as warm as originally forecast - trees still snowy here in 1800.
Met up with skichampcouk and his boss, skied all over: pistes all in excellent shape and off-piste lovely where protected from sun.
No queues anywhere.
Pleasant late lunch at Le Cristal Des Neiges (Plan Bois, beside top of chair from Les Coches).
May not be so nice tomorrow: cloudy with rain/snow possible.
latest report
Jonpim wrote:
And it was a lovely day. Full sun in blue sky, brief cloud-over lunchtime, now sunny again.
Not quite as warm as originally forecast - trees still snowy here in 1800.
Met up with skichampcouk and his boss, skied all over: pistes all in excellent shape and off-piste lovely where protected from sun.
No queues anywhere.
Pleasant late lunch at Le Cristal Des Neiges (Plan Bois, beside top of chair from Les Coches).
May not be so nice tomorrow: cloudy with rain/snow possible.

Sounds like a great day! I've been eyeing up Le Cristal Des Neiges as a potential lunchtime spot. How far down are conditions holding up currently? (I know it might all change over the weekend). In my mind, I imagined us only going as far down as the bottom of the Bijolin lift, which I'm guessing is about 1800m.
latest report
Handy Turnip, today went down to Les Coches: no problem. On Sunday went down to Montchavin, though stretch from Les Coches was well managed strip of white.
You'll certainly get down to Plan Bois. And they maintain the route to Vanois Express right to end of season.
snow report
Thanks @Jonpim, we'll give it a go!
snow report
@Handy Turnip, stayed in Les Coches many a time early/late season. Because of the links to the VE you will always get to/from Les Coches.
latest report
Layne wrote:
@Handy Turnip, stayed in Les Coches many a time early/late season. Because of the links to the VE you will always get to/from Les Coches.

Cheers @Layne, hopefully with the weekend snow, we'll be able to get all the way down to Montchavin too.
ski holidays
Looks like the weekend snow is starting to come in on the webcams!
latest report
Handy Turnip, looks more like a blizzard on Colorado Live Webcam with snowflakes going horizontal and up rather than down.
ski holidays
Unfortunately there's quite a bit of rain and the freezing altitude during the day is around 2k Neutral (better than when it was 3k at the end of Feb!)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think around 12.00pm Was raining and later Turmed to snow
snow conditions
Arrived in Belle Plagne about 5.30pm - decided to skip E.Lerclec as I was keen to get up the mountain before the weather really kicked in (the rental company wouldn't give me any snow chains as we had a 4x4).

Roads were really clear and only light snow, and the heavy snow started soon after so quite glad I did.
latest report
@Handy Turnip, glad you made it after all the planning. Did you get a spot in the underground car park in Belle Plagne OK?
ski holidays
Handy Turnip wrote:
Roads were really clear and only light snow, and the heavy snow started soon after so quite glad I did.

Gendarmerie were turning people without chains/socks/winter tyres around when we came up this morning. Dutifully pulled over to whack the chains on even though it really wasn't necessary. Just a touch slushy.
snow conditions
chopkins13 wrote:
@Handy Turnip, glad you made it after all the planning. Did you get a spot in the underground car park in Belle Plagne OK?

Yes, all worked out well. Found the car park, dropped out bags off outside the Licorne entrance and then found a car park space not to far away. Cheers for all your help.
snow report
I have a couple of silly questions
I have booked in plagne bellecote.
I suppose i have to leave the car in one of the two Parks either the open or the closed
Assuming that our car geht nicht in the covered Park (suppose it is over 1.90 with the box on the roof) i have to Park in the open
But... Do i have to prebook?
And...how should i go from the Park to the ski lits and the appartment? Walk following the Streit till the appart hotels?
snow conditions
@turms2, when are you going?
There is a closed carpark, and an open carpark on the roof. A high car + roofbox doesn't fit inside effectively. Some cars with roofboxes do. Both carparks are for a fee. There is a normal lift that takes you up from the car park level to the main / only street in Bellecôte.

There is also road parking in Bellecôte. If you follow the road underneath most of the buildings (from saint jacques to la chapelle hadry), there is first parking for a fee and the last part of the road, next to the mountain, so no longer next to the buildings is free, first come first serve. If it's very busy it's more complicated to get a spot there, but in a normal week on a saturday places do free up. From there you walk up to the building of your stay, about 200-300m next to the road.

For loading/unloading, they allow you to put your car nearer to the building with the lights blinking for a short time.

I'm not informed about prebooking the carparks. Someone else might be ? Smile
snow conditions
Yesterday was the yearly Julien Lizeroux Super Slalom event, from Aime2000 to La Roche. It's a slalom with 320 gates, instead of the usual 45-75, so you definitely feel the burn. I skied it for the first time and i loved everything about it Smile It was truly a great day, amidst skiing greats such as Alexis Pinturault, Tessa worley, Nastasia Noens, AJ Ginnis, Clément Noël, in a super happy and positive and animated atmosphere, for a very intense sportive moment. There were about 430 participants. A lot of them disguised for fun, as there is also a best outfit-competition. The winners times are a little over 5 minutes. It's insane but also insanely fun Smile fresh powder in La Plagne made organisation complicated but successful. Time for a new week now Smile
ski holidays
Great first day, we just played around Champagny side and Montchavin side. We did about 4 loops of the snow park - face planted a couple of times on the jumps.
snow conditions
Strangest moment of the day - stood at the bottom of the snow park under Dos Rond chairlift, when a ski fell and hit Mrs Turnip on the head. It must have fell 10-15metres - lucky she had a helmet on.

The girls on the chairlift found it highly amusing.

"Can you leave it by the sign".

I shouted back, "be nice if you actually said sorry". At that point, I hadn't realised it had hit her on the head, and assumed it was a near miss, otherwise I might have said something a bit stronger.
ski holidays
@Handy Turnip,
Keep the reports coming. Just booked a cheeky last min deal going on Sat.
snow conditions
@johnboy, I think the conditions above 1800m are superb. It's snowed every day since we've been here, with a big dump on Saturday night. Where are you staying?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy