Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2022 / 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Any idea where the snow line is?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've seen a post on Facebook saying its light rain in Plagne Centre, best keep an eye on the webcams. Several of the key lifts now showing "opening planned"
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, worse than Scottish skiing.
Raining at 1800. Skiers returning (for lunch?) look soaked through.
All the higher lifts where skiing might be ok are not open.

Roads show some improvement: long queue of cars moving slowly down, a bit quicker going up.
Lots of emergency sirens - not sure if police or ambulance.

We're staying in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jonpim, Yep gave up at 10.30 came back for tea hoping for improvement - have just put skis away for the day.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rain in Bellecôte all morning. Colosses and Arpette turning, Blanchets not (yet). Very wet, very few people about.
Almost the end of the week of Dutch university students.
Snow is supposed to fall again tonight, and around tuesday.
I'm not skiing today Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just arrived in Belle Plagne. Nearly 4hrs to get here from Geneva, lots of traffic. Road up the mountain clear all the way. Heavy rain down in the valley, light drizzle all the way up to Belle Plagne and showing 1.5 degrees on the car here. Hopefully temperatures will drop tonight and there’ll be some fresh snow to play in tomorrow morning.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@chopkins13, sounds a little painful but you're there now! The good times start now!!
Think you might get a light dusting overnight but I think your key days will be Tues/Wed!
How was the parking?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Handy Turnip, we’re only here to ski 3 days unfortunately!

Parking was fine, drove round to level 2 in the Haut Parking and there were half a dozen or so spaces - you’ll be fine
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chopkins13 wrote:
@Handy Turnip, we’re only here to ski 3 days unfortunately!

Parking was fine, drove round to level 2 in the Haut Parking and there were half a dozen or so spaces - you’ll be fine

Cheers, that makes me feel better.

Don't worry, I think Tuesday is going to be the best day - awesome day to finish your trip.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just arrived in Plagne 1800 tonight. It was really throwing it down with rain on the drive from Geneva to Aime and drizzling up here when I arrived just after 8pm. It now seems to be fluctuating between snow and sleet, so hopefully things will look a bit better in the morning!

A quick question for Plagne 1800 regulars. Does the navette bus go direct up to Plagne Centre from 1800, or does it go via Bellecote first? The timetable from the resort website only shows the times one way (Centre-1800-Bellecote). I assume it runs in the reverse direction too!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@CathS, a few years since I stayed in 1800 but I think the navette does only go that way round. If you are near the top of 1800 it may be quicker to walk up to the roundabout and pick it up there on its way from Bellecote to Plagne Centre. (And similarly if returning by bus from Bellecote, get off at the roundabout and walk down).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@CathS, The navette makes a circle, always in the same direction, so from 1800 to Plagne Centre you pass by Bellecôte, as
@ecureuil, confirmed and excellently advised on the potentially quicker alternative.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks! I shall explore today.

The good news is that it is snowing at 1800 this morning and things looking a bit less damp than they did last night!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome CathS to our little "village". And it is indeed (just about) snowing.
Obviously been snowing in the night with the trees and road white again.
What a topsy-turvy season. Lots of snow, then lots of rain to wash it all away.
But it looks from here like the snow won out yesterday: the great gashes of green/brown on the hillside visible on Friday are still white from Saturday's snow.
Some blue sky visible, cloud in the valley. Might turn out to be a happier day then yesterday.
BUT: lots of loud bangs and Lift Status has nothing open yet (just after 0900) - certainly 1800 lift not going.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just stopped for coffee before skiing through lunch to take advantage of quiet pistes. Slow start with few lifts open but main links all now look to be open. Conditions great around Plagne Centre, Arpette and down as far as the bottom of Pierres Blanche on the montchavin side. Over on Champagny side now and snow great down to bottom of Borseilliers lift.
snow report
Great day’s skiing today, every condition and weather type all in one day - finishing up in the sunshine in very spring like conditions. Slopes on the most part not too busy at all considering most folk will have been avoiding most pistes below about 1,600m. Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully some more sun in the afternoon.
snow report
Lovely day today, total contrast to yesterday! surprisingly busy in places but noticed a group from instructors from La Clusaz so I guess many people from lower resorts on day trips taking advantage of the cheaper Sunday day ticket. Coming back through 1800 and was a bit slushy - so typical spring day.

ski holidays
ski holidays
Tomorrows forecast looks promising with sunshine in the day but rain in the evening. Local forecast commenting that Albertville will be 20c tomorrow ...
snow conditions
Yes, we had a lovely day too.
Plagne Centre was very busy to start with as the lifts out only opened up slowly, but by 11.30 even Lovatiere had less than 5 minute wait - don't know what Funiplange was like as we didn't try it. All slopes we tried were fine, but definitely better the higher you went. Perfect spring snow up at Roche de Mio.

Near top of Bozelet (Champagny sector), just by the little cafe, we met a young couple completely out of their depth having been abandonned by their more experience "friends". Only 2nd time skiing. They had coped with Arpette yesterday, but Bozelet starts much higher and is rather daunting with steep drops either side. The girl was crying. They should of course been in lessons rather than believing their friends: "we're going to do the red, you can do the blue - you'll be fine, just like Arpette". It took us nearly an hour to get them down as far as Verdons Sud restaurant, and in all that time their "friends" never called them. Amazing.
I just hope they got back to their apartment in Bellecote OK.
We did make one small mistake on our advice on how to get back.
They could have gone Borselliers, Rossa, Killis and skied down.
But easiest of all would have been Borsellier, Rossa, Carella and then take the gondola down. Seemed a good idea at the time.
Unfortunately when we got up to Roche de Mio we saw the gondola was not working . . . Sad
latest report
Yes also in La Plagne this week and skied/boarded above Les Coches, over into Plagne Bellecote, Plagne centre and over into champagney. So temperature wise this morning the freezing level was at 2000m but by the end of the day 2000m was at 3 deg C. As others has said quite good piste conditions especially higher up and typical spring conditions lower. Main issue was that the Roche De Mio telecabine never started so necessitating a trip over in the champagney valley to reach Carella which was then running up to the top. Inversens also closed so hoping these open tomorrow. No serious queues and pistes not especially busy perhaps due to the rain/mist first thing. Became very cruddy at the end of the day. All in all bit better than expected even if there obviously less visible snow than this time last year.
snow report
Wow is it busy today!! Where did everyone come from?! Forecast tomorrow looks ‘interesting’ - snow all day up high, rain below about 1800m but snowline dropping. Could be some fun to be had.

Meanwhile it’s absolutely glorious sat having lunch in t-shirts at Pierre Blanche.
snow report
Pretty good indication of the snowfall this season in La Plagne

snow report
@boredsurfin, and it’s got even better over night - about 6 inches of fresh in Belle Plagne by the looks of it and they’re triggering avalanches too. Still snowing moderately up here right now (7:30am).
snow report
Yes indeed: a lovely start to the day.
Its snowing, trees are all white, its cold, and cannons going off all over the place.
Snow clearers are out clearing overnight snow, but they'll need to be back soon.
Yuge suggests all lifts round here (1800) will open on time - will believe that when i see it.
snow report
The webcams are finally looking like I was hoping they would do at the weekend - snow chucking it down to a pretty low level!
snow report
@Handy Turnip, it’s been a real dump the last few days and almost everything is in brilliant condition. No idea where the crowds went this afternoon as the sun came out and there was powder everywhere. Had Pierre Blanche to ourselves this afternoon. Home for us tomorrow but anyone out at the weekend should have a great week of spring skiing.
snow report
I will be there since 3.25, hope it will be a good week. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weather being very naughty this afternoon.
After near white-out blizzard all morning, the sun came out after 2pm to tempt the fainthearted out onto the piste.
Then with a cheeky grin the sun went in and the blizzard returned.
Obviously delighted with the first bit of fun Mr Weather then went and repeated the trick.
Visibility now barely 50 metres.
And the temperature is dropping.
Could be a brilliant day tomorrow.
ski holidays
What a day! Fantastic skiing this afternoon when the sun came out, some of the best runs I’ve ever had.

Some scenes of chaos on the way home when we tried to return to Belle Plagne from Montchavin sector at 4pm - both Crozats and Salla not working! About 250 brave souls started marching up the blue piste with tow rope up to top of Arpette….. not for us we thought so after a group of about 30 of us lobbying the Perso staff they told us to ski down to Salla and wait to be ‘rescued’…. After waiting for 30 mins in a total white out they got Salla lift turning and up we went. There was one poor bloke trying to get back to Champagny!

Probably one of the best 3 days skiing ever had and we’ll be going home with a smile on our faces until we return in December for New Year week.
snow report
chopkins13 wrote:
Some scenes of chaos on the way home when we tried to return to Belle Plagne from Montchavin sector at 4pm - both Crozats and Salla not working! About 250 brave souls started marching up the blue piste with tow rope up to top of Arpette….. not for us we thought so after a group of about 30 of us lobbying the Perso staff they told us to ski down to Salla and wait to be ‘rescued’…. After waiting for 30 mins in a total white out they got Salla lift turning and up we went. There was one poor bloke trying to get back to Champagny

Wow. This has never actually happened to me but I've always been a bit paranoid about it happening. I think I would have skied down by the rope tow and walked up from there. It's steepish but fairly short.

I guess with 30 of you, you felt a degree of well they can't leave us all mentality?
ski holidays
@Layne, yeah that’s exactly what the bulk of people did although to be fair to the Perso employees they were saying they shouldn’t and they should wait. Once they said go down to Salla then we had hope! They were talking about rescue by moto-neige at one point but decided to give the lift a go. My pigeon French came in handy!
snow report
@chopkins13, And the lift issue was because of the wind?

I guess they ran it pretty slow? Not the quickest anyway.

What time did you get on it in the end?
ski holidays
@Layne, they never really said what the issue was, or if they did I didn’t get it in French! There were warnings about wind on the big screens though. I think the issue was Crozats malfunction and Salla not being used for a couple of days meant it had to be dug out/turned on. But yes they ran it very slowly! Was a very cold return. All good though, something to chat about when we’re home! They even gave shovels to some of the group so they could help dig out the entrance to Salla!
latest report
If someone can remind me how to attach a picture to my post I can provide photographic evidence from the scene Very Happy
snow conditions
The last 2 days have been interesting in La Plagne. Yesterday (13th March) was spent chasing opening lifts up from Les Coches with some success. There was perhaps 6-8” new snow on upper slopes but very mild conditions with FL well above 2000m in the afternoon. Still some untracked snow (struggle to describe it as powder) off Crozats was the highlight. Pistes became very soft and chewed-up later in the afternoon.
Today was a bit of a revelation. We were early on Lac Noir from Les Coches but the upper lifts did not open early so after a lovely untracked piste run down to Vanoise headed over to Les Arc. As you’d imagine the weather kept many away (I’ve skied in Scotland a bit so the weather early on would be ‘normal’). Some fine powder on the sides of runs above Vallandry and Arc 1800. Even in the afternoon the pistes were good to ski/board. FL much lower, -3deg c at 2000m. Les Coches had perhaps 2-3” and in places 8”+ on upper slopes in Les Arc that I visited with snow rising over waist level during turns. The highest lifts in Les Arc were closed the whole day though. As I write this we are getting the odd snow shower with clear spells and lots of cloud.
snow conditions
chopkins13 wrote:
If someone can remind me how to attach a picture to my post I can provide photographic evidence from the scene Very Happy

I use imgur to hold and get a link

and then just the img tags.
ski holidays
chopkins13 wrote:
@Layne, they never really said what the issue was, or if they did I didn’t get it in French! There were warnings about wind on the big screens though. I think the issue was Crozats malfunction and Salla not being used for a couple of days meant it had to be dug out/turned on. But yes they ran it very slowly! Was a very cold return. All good though, something to chat about when we’re home! They even gave shovels to some of the group so they could help dig out the entrance to Salla!

Yeah, I think they don't bother to open Salla much these days so makes sense what you are saying.

I once walked up a piste in the 3 valleys to get back over after a lift problem late in the day. A story I've recounted somewhere on here a while back. As you say a good story for the dinner table/bar.
snow report
What's the forecast for next week? My son goes on his first snowboarding holiday this sunday so hoping for good conditions.
latest report
@halfhand, We also will be there from Saturday. I've been using this page.

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/La-Plagne/6day/mid
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy