Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendation me a touring set up

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - going to be embracing touring more seriously this coming winter - mostly inbounds Europe but maybe Norway in the Spring.

Looking for a new set-up and keen for recommendations. I've been on Whitedot Carbonlite Preachers for the last 4y which I LOVE for alpine - most side/off piste - perfect combination of fun/charge/pop/float. But I think these might be a bit unwieldy for touirng so looking to trade up.

I'm 80kg/183cm.

Not looking for pure touring set up - would like to be able to charge through pow/crud and not die on icy moguls.

Need bindings and boots too.

Budget isn't strict. What'cha reckon?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I reckon there's a whole load of threads on this forum that have already addressed this question...

Should you care to look!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Budget limited: Scott Superguide 95's with factory skins and ATK bindings/crampons.
Spendy: Whitedot Ronde 96 CarbonLite (new this autumn) with Colltex skins and ATK bindings/crampons.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to decide if you actually want to tour properly, spending most of the day walking and staying in huts (in which case you want super lightweight bindings) or if you just want to do a bit of skinning to get to good slopes and snow, in which case you might want to stay with somewhat heavier bindings which ski more like normal Alpine bindings.
There is no such thing as inbounds in Europe, but I'm assuming you mean skiing mostly from lifts with some walking to get to more remote slopes (often miles from other skiers, but usually arriving at another lift or failing that a road).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@simski81, @spyderjon, is being very polite, give him a ring, have a chat about what you want, your abilities, budget etc and he will sort you out!! https://www.thepisteoffice.com/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
go see @spyderjon if you want a divorce you'll end up spending more than you intended
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
*Suspects your demands require multiple solutions.

But I am sure @spiderjon can kit you out for ultralight, will float away if your not careful, touring skis for Norway spring all day hikes touring AND heavier powder skis with shifts for in bound, do a short hike for access 'touring' (freeride) in most of Europe (nicer to ski on, but you wouldn't want to hike all day...)

(Or to put it another way, n+1 isn't just for bicycles snowHead snowHead )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy