Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre Christmas week - Grand Massif

Poster: A snowHead
I have Geneva flights booked Friday to Friday (going out 16th Dec) and Air BnB place booked at Morillon 1100. Want somewhere close to Geneva due to stupid o'clock return flight. I have transfers booked.

I know I am taking a risk with that early and that location.

Idly looking at Sunweb and an option in Flaine which is higher.... should i cancel and change.....?

Never been to either before?

Both should (hopefully!) be ski in ski out. Air BnB place looks lovely and quiet! The sunweb on the P&V complex.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, If the options in Flaine are Les terraces d’eos or Helios the accommodation is likely to be better than anything in morillon 1100 as the apartments there are more basic and I don’t think they have pools. Flaine is also the more snow sure option. However morillon and Les carroz are more scenic with better mountain restaurants in my opinion.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How early in the season is Flaine considered snow sure please?

We are booked to Chamonix for new year but considering a few days in december if time allows
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowymum, yes it is the the Les terraces and photos look good.... just realised no outside photos so could also be apartment in a block.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flaine is going to be much more reliable for snow in mid Dec. Also the Les terraces d’eos is VERY good accommodation.

No brainer IMO.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Flaine much more snow sure at 1600m, Morillon 1100 for the first week of the season would be a risk IMO having been to the Grand Massif many times. Eos is great and there are private apts there advertised on Maeva (we had one with an open fire place) and Airbnb websites, plus it has a great spa
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On verge of pressing buttons..... reading descriptions it says Flaine is car free. Will that cause us issues for drop of and pickup (most concerned over due to how early) we are using Alps2Alps private transfer and want minimal fuss at the 3am pickup
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NickyJ, The Eos and Helios are 100% NOT in the car free zone. They're actually a little further out of the centre than most of the other accommodation so car access is not an issue.

If however, there isn't enough snow to open up the piste next to the hotel, you'll need to do a very short bus journey to the lifts.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @mikeycharlton, the ski in / ski out, can anybody tell me which run that is onto? So I can pin point on the piste map as well as the google maps.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickyJ wrote:
Thanks @mikeycharlton, the ski in / ski out, can anybody tell me which run that is onto? So I can pin point on the piste map as well as the google maps.

Sorry I can't remember the name of it. It was closed the year we went. Xmas 2015 i think - very bad start to the season. Looking at the piste map now it is either Opale or Malachia

It's just a narrow track that brings you down to the centre. It is literally right next to the back of the hotel. Like a 5 second walk from the boot room.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for your help. Really hoping it won't be another very bad start. I have switched it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NewSkiingDad, I am not sure but looks,like they plan to open from 10th December. There are places that open earlier but they are a lot further from Geneva
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Eos and Helios are way too far our in my opinion although good accommodation, spa and parking. If you stand in the Forum you can see them way in the distance up on the mountainside much better somewhere like Le Centaure or Le Panoramic.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@James77, reading reviews some said this but we like quiet and being out the way as longs as walking distance of skiing / lift, which this is ski in ski out?

It also says 500m from centre which is an easy walk when not wearing ski boots?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@James77, btw what is "the forum"?
latest report
It is ski in/out but one of those down a small track off the beaten track sort of thing which may suit you its a ways from the main ski slopes. Theyre up on the mountainside so very uphill on the way back but you can use a ski bus not don't know when those stop or how frequent as we stay at le panoramic which is slope side. The Forum is the main centre then a level up is le foret accessed by a funicular sort of thing its all on the side of a valley so it's either uphill or down.

The location may suit you it certainly looks very smart.
snow report
@James77, now our girls are both competent to good skiers and we don't need to worry about ski school hopefully this will work nicely for us.
snow report
NickyJ wrote:
@James77, btw what is "the forum"?

Flaine used to be on just two levels, the lower of which is known as Flaine Forum (the upper being Flaine Foret) which includes a literal forum-type open place between the shops and the (what used to be, no idea now) two hotels, with White's pub (was the White Grouse) at one end and the other open onto the snow, with the DMC lift on the left.

I hope the Picasso sculpture is still there, been a long while since I've been. Used to rep there in the early 2000s,
snow conditions
Sounds like it'll suit you very well I'm sure you'll have a great time I like Flaine always had great fun there. I really like the White Pub great beer and a little takeaway in Le Foret Gallarie called Chez Will fantastic burger and fries coveted in Poutine are amazing.
ski holidays
@Chaletbeauroc, The sculpture is still there it's a nice looking thing.
latest report
Eos is ski in ski out using a short green piste and Les Gerats chair. There is also a free evening shuttle bus operated by the residence from 6pm until midnight when the large resort ski buses end if needed for tired legs. The spa and all of the Pierre et Vacances apartments are being refurbed for next Winter.
snow report
Chaletbeauroc wrote:

I hope the Picasso sculpture is still there, been a long while since I've been. Used to rep there in the early 2000s,

Yep, the Picasso is still there, stuck without snow chains apparently... snowHead Laughing

ski holidays
Got back yesterday. So pleased we booked the d'Eos. We were very lucky with weather as arrived ti a fresh dump of snow and most days were good. Some rain and snow towards end of week. Morning we left though it was torrential rain at 2:30 in morning when I went down wjth first bags and to settle bill. I feel for those there this coming week.
snow report
Eos is very nice to stay, a particular favourite of our family and easy walk to main centre of Flaine. Pool and associated facilities making impression in their young lives. A very underated area as a whole I feel as most seem to comment on the architecture, missing that its such a great location. I like the design anyway, but critical voices on here are very loud in their bias.
snow report
Glad it went well, @NickyJ. You had the best of the conditions so far.
snow report
James77 wrote:
@Chaletbeauroc, The sculpture is still there it's a nice looking thing.

ski holidays
ski3 wrote:
Eos is very nice to stay, a particular favourite of our family and easy walk to main centre of Flaine. Pool and associated facilities making impression in their young lives. A very underated area as a whole I feel as most seem to comment on the architecture, missing that its such a great location. I like the design anyway, but critical voices on here are very loud in their bias.

I can see us booking there again.... especially if see similar bargain prices. Felt vaguely guilty for how great it was vs what we paid. The vin chaud and marshmellows outside boot room on a couple of nights was lovely. Walk into centre was no issue at all.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Glad it went well, @NickyJ. You had the best of the conditions so far.

It has been a long time since we got to ski on proper squeaky snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy