Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arriving in Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
I'm looking to book an apartment in either the Preyerand or Brelin areas but need some help with getting there. I'll be taking a bus to the main bus station in La Croisette with my luggage. Are either of these areas easier to get to? I understand there's a lift up to Brelin but what about to Preyerand?

Would it just be easier to spend a bit more and book an apartment in La Croisette?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hazel richardson, don't know if you've seen the resort map but it's here https://static.lesmenuires.com/files/plan-Menuires-hiver.pdf

Both lifts are close to the Gare Routiere, almost opposite each other if I remember rightly. The Brelin lift is the normal way to access Brelin as far as I know so no issue. It's a big building though so I guess it could still be a walk once inside.

The Preyerand lift goes to one end of the Preyerand area which is pretty big so unless you know that your accommodation is close to the lift, you may be better off taking the shuttle bus. The bigger apartment blocks are close to the lift though and named on the map so you can see if your one is walking distance.

The resort was originally designed to accommodate people travelling by coach so you should be ok with either. If you're in the Croisette, then the main benefit is it's a bit quicker to ski-in/out (particularly out to other valleys) than Preyerand, and Brelin is only ski-in via a long green. If you're in a Preyerand apartment block near the piste, then that's a quick way to access La Masse first thing which is a benefit.

For apres, it doesn't make a lot of difference as long as you're close to a pedestrian lift as they run late anyway. If you're on a shuttle bus it's a bit more awkward.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
Thanks for that information. I can see that the Preyerand apartment is not that close to the lift so think I'll discount that one. I'll have to have a think about the others.
Appreciate your help.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@hazel richardson, the other area that's worth looking at in LM is Reberty. That's a nice area with plenty of apartments, Spar grocery store and some decent restaurants but you would definitely have to take the shuttle bus (or a taxi) from the Gare Routiere to get there. All of Reberty is ski-in/out and it's one lift to Val Thorens or two to Meribel.

There's not much apres in LM in general if that's your thing and Reberty is quite quiet but it's fine for a civilised drink or one lift back from the Folie Douce in Val Thorens if you prefer something more lively.

Alternatively, if you want the 3Vs and are not limited to Les Menuires, then come to La Tania which has everything Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Reberty/Les Bruyeres area is nicer aesthetically than central La Croisette area, unless 60s residential architecture is your thing - think long, low internal corridors and wondering how much concrete cancer there is in the facades. I found the shuttle buses work quite well, although you do need to pay attention to the timetables as they are not quite turn up and go frequency.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've stayed in the same apartment in Lac de Lou, La Croisette, the last two times I've been to LM. Renting direct from lovely owners who live next door. Very convenient as it's right next to the lift, close to mini supermarket and right on front de neige. And two two lift options up to go to Val T or Meribel or a short ski down to Masse. But there are good options elsewhere too. Just depends on the apartment and what you want I'd say.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hazel richardson, i did exactly the same for a solo trip at christmas, it is a fairly straight walk downhill and turn off to the various accommodation's. on the way back i got the preyerand pedestrian lift up and walked through the (covered) shopping centre to the bus station, you can use the leisure centre accross from the bus station to store luggage on the final day if you want to (sat and sun only for approx 5 euros each bag).

i have stayed in the preyerand district for my last few ski trips, and i quite like it, but it has normally suited me because it has been self driving with the family and its convenient for parking outside the apartments.
there are a couple of small supermarkets/restaurants/ski hire shops and a good takeaway based at the bottom of le villaret appts.

i will be back in preyerand at xmas with my daughters, they love the area as well.

though just for balance, my friends that we have gone with before, stay in the brelin appts and swear by them, so horses for courses i suppose!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy