Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel flogging off the silver to pay the bills

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

It is a bit twee - like a coucou clock. Burn it down I say.

Quote:

Hello everyone
Jean Yves PACHOD's team has been at the helm for two years now.
Courchevel is doing badly and I can no longer be silent despite the very disparaging and rude behavior towards me, going so far as to have me cited for defamation before the PARIS criminal court next November.
I invite you to read the letter that I address to the Mayor about the building of the tourist office of 1850.
"Mr. Mayor,
During the municipal council of August 11, two deliberation projects 207-2022 and 208-2022 were on the agenda containing the modification of the state of division in volume and the downgrading of the public domain of a real estate complex called “Heart of Courchevel”.
This is the remarkable building of the tourist office from 1850.
Beforehand on the form, we, the elected representatives, were not able to familiarize ourselves before the Council with the documents relating to these decisions because the computer system, we were told, did not allow us to open the explanatory annexes indispensable. We have not been able to figure out how this building was cut.
You admitted this dysfunction in council.
For this sole reason, the above-mentioned deliberations incur nullity.
On the merits, we only discovered during this council the projects of the Town hall and of Mr. Claude PINTURAULT, assistant to tourism, at the initiative of this decision as you indicated to us. If this is the case, the absence of the president of the Tourist Office from the municipal council is regrettable.
The reasons for this downgrading, given solely by your oral explanations during the meeting, are as follows:
The Commune needs financial resources for operation and therefore Mr. Claude PINTURAULT, who considers it useless to have a tourist office of this prestige, would have decided to rent these premises for commercial use.
A significant number of our fellow citizens do not share this opinion and me in mind.
This emblematic location of the 1850 station must remain the place of welcome for tourists.
You are aware that this land had been acquired with an obligation clause to carry out a public service activity there.
How can you free yourself from this obligation and proceed with the downgrading of this building?
If it is true that the municipal operating budget is in deficit, for the first time in its history I believe, it is up to us to find savings to balance the budget, which Mr. Lucien CORDEL and myself have never stopped to request, and not to separate irreversibly from such a location.
Indeed, without any document moreover, without obviously any consultation, you told us orally that it was a chance for the Municipality to lease this site to ROLEX with a rent of 250,000 euros per year and a right of entry of 1,500,000 euros.
ROLEX would also become, in your opinion, in addition to a prestigious tenant, an important partner to the tune of 300,000 euros per year for Courchevel.
On the one hand, on my questioning we discover that the tenant is not the ROLEX house, but a jeweler with an authorization to distribute ROLEX and that the commitment to a partnership would only be oral.
It's not the same at all and this jeweler is free to switch brands overnight.
On the other hand, assuming this relevant decision, you considered that it was not useful to make a call for tenders, a healthy and transparent competition, while other applications, and not the least, were in line.
You told us that the commercial lease would be signed on August 16, so tomorrow without any authorization from the municipal council.
Would you have the audacity to sign such a document without waiting for the deliberations of the municipal council to be voted on and final of all appeals?
You who advocate participatory democracy would you not find it appropriate to sound out our fellow citizens on such a decision?
We have seen neither the lease nor the partnership contract …… so no document.
Finally, even if the sum of 1,500,000 euros seems significant, it is derisory in view of the location granted, the commercial property that the lease will provide to this jeweler but also the amount of the last transactions carried out in the sector.
If you had inquired, you would know that this sum was paid a year ago for a "doorstep" of a less well placed 50 square meter premises.
The tourist office is 140 square meters and is a remarkable location.
Have you asked the Domains service?
Clearly the dismantling of the tourist office is complete and affects both its living forces, (in the person of its director suspended from his duties since June 7 and on which no precise information apart from the rumors which circulate, on the content of the settlement of this case nor on the cost of this operation

https://www.facebook.com/isabelle.monsenego/posts/pfbid02c95SEtZWFKdpGr6egmro7x3Eb4V4b62mv4ePnNUqDb6bCV3UiBRJAiJkG39rStL6l
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Disney
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I got the gist, but which app was used for the translation?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Disney
Disnae what?...Asks the Scottish readership wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brianatab wrote:
I got the gist, but which app was used for the translation?

google translate
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It looks bad and Courchevel is in a bit of a state - head of the tourist office was suspended back in June
https://www.ledauphine.com/faits-divers-justice/2022/06/10/courchevel-le-directeur-suspendu-de-ses-fonctions-a-l-office-de-tourisme
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Selling off the silver to pay for that round of drinks at the Christmas party ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
More in The Times of London today
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rolex-shop-plan-gets-frosty-reception-at-courchevel-ski-resort-of-the-super-rich-3lq8n8xmr
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boredsurfin, Its hidden behind a pay Wall, is the crux of the article that Rolex is not up market enough?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
chocksaway wrote:
@boredsurfin, Its hidden behind a pay Wall, is the crux of the article that Rolex is not up market enough?

For Courchevel or The Times?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy