Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Future of GB Alpine Programme

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@ster, @davidof, ISTR a similar scandal relating to a UK "charity" whereby parents contributed on a reciprocal basis to fund their children's skiing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If he isn't paying UK tax then he shouldn't be able to get Gift Aid on his donation IMO.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rjs, It is an offence to tick the gift aid box if you're not a UK tax payer?

As a carer, who's income is below the tax threshold, I can't tick the box.

https://www.theukrules.co.uk/rules/legal/community/charities/claiming-gift-aid.html#:~:text=To%20qualify%20for%20claiming%20Gift%20Aid%20as%20a,permission%20to%20claim%20this%20type%20of%20tax%20incentive.

"To qualify for claiming Gift Aid as a charity, the donor must have:
Paid at least the same amount in Income Tax or in Capital Gains Tax during the tax year you want to claim it."

He might be eligible if he's paid Capital Gains tax, but I suspect all his property is in some trust or other so any tax would have been paid by them, not him personally.

Also:
"You would not be able to claim Gift Aid on certain types of donations, including:
Any given by limited companies or made through a Payroll Giving scheme"

Job for the MET?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rjs wrote:
If he isn't paying UK tax then he shouldn't be able to get Gift Aid on his donation IMO.

What makes you think he doesn't pay UK tax?

The new clubhouse has softer loo roll than the previous one rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Layne wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2023/jan/16/watchdog-investigates-charity-set-up-by-uk-billionaire-jim-ratcliffe-over-16m-ski-clubhouse
Quote:
... in the exclusive resort of Courchevel to help underprivileged children learn to ski...

This is b&llocks - in no way can it be claimed that the Courchevel Club des Sports does this! (and I say this as someone who lives in the area, knowing plenty of people whose kids are or have been part of the club...).

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 16-01-23 21:31; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Although I'm certsinly unaware of his tax affairs, the press reported when he left UK by locating in Switzerland, also that he returned to UK as company and personal status two or three years later.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy