Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva- Val Thoren transfers at Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at booking our family trip next Easter. as expected prices have gone up an eye watering amount.

The same catered Chalet as last year is now 500 per person more, same time same place. BA flights have gone from 190 to 800 each, thankfully Swissair are still hovering around 200 each.

I have found an apartment in Val Thoren I like the look of, at but the transfer for 4 people from Geneva or Grenoble are a staggering £1000-1200 return.

Does anyone have any info on the best way to travel to Val Thoren or any companies I should be contacting re shared transfers? Most of my trips in the past have had transfers included, google is a quagmire of quotes etc and after a while you lose the will to live.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mheadbee, try SNCF to Moutier and the bus from there. The schedule and tickets will not be released until 3 months prior to travel.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mheadbee wrote:
Looking at booking our family trip next Easter. as expected prices have gone up an eye watering amount.

The same catered Chalet as last year is now 500 per person more, same time same place. BA flights have gone from 190 to 800 each, thankfully Swissair are still hovering around 200 each.

I have found an apartment in Val Thoren I like the look of, at but the transfer for 4 people from Geneva or Grenoble are a staggering £1000-1200 return.

Does anyone have any info on the best way to travel to Val Thoren or any companies I should be contacting re shared transfers? Most of my trips in the past have had transfers included, google is a quagmire of quotes etc and after a while you lose the will to live.

We regularly use Alpybus, Ben's Bus or Altibus. All have provided a good service over the last few years. We have also taken the train to Moutiers, then used Altibus from there. The train usually requires 2 changes - one at Geneva Centre and a second one at Chambery.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Valtho cabs did a minibus transfer for 4 plus lots of kit for 400 euros one way total after EOSB
Give them a call and see what they can do
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Compared to £1000 - 1200 renting a car should be a considerable saving. I couldn't be bothered with two changes of trains and a bus!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pam w,
Alpybus would cost no more than €440 return for 4. Cheaper than the current (rip off) car rental costs and less hassle, with no driving, or fuel/toll costs).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for Alpybus.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bens Bus provided a good non-stop service from GVA - VT when I used it in March. This was preferable to the Altibus which stops in Moutier where you then join a local bus or even share large taxi on to complete the trip. Bens Bus did not have any toilet facilities on that trip.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I suspect there are more options from Gva than from Grenoble.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spacetrucker wrote:
Bens Bus provided a good non-stop service from GVA - VT when I used it in March. This was preferable to the Altibus which stops in Moutier where you then join a local bus or even share large taxi on to complete the trip. Bens Bus did not have any toilet facilities on that trip.

The "local bus" from Moutiers to Val Thorens is actually Altibus. We have used them several times from Geneva and (despite stopping in Moutiers) have not had to change buses.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I’ve used Altibus once, and did have to change at Moutiers. That involved a 45 mins wait. I think whether or not you have to change on Altibus, or one or two of the smaller operators, can depend on what time or day of the week it is, or whether it’s a busy changeover day (in the latter scenario, you get the direct service). Assuming post COVID, the schedule for Alpybus hasn’t changed, they do run direct at weekends. I’ve also used Coolrunnings..you can book a private transfer or try and join or set up a shared transfer (it’s pot luck if you get anyone to share the cost, but might be worth a look)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another thumbs up for Bens Bus to VT. Decent prices (April this year at least) and good scheduling of buses to/from VT.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy