Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Epic Pass 2022/23

Poster: A snowHead
Distracting myself from the heatwave this weekend by considering options for this coming winter...!

I'm not necessarily looking to be skiing in the US or Canada this winter, but if I'm right it seems the Epic Pass could be a good deal, even if not using their main resorts.

The pass is $859, which is £724 with the current (poor!) exchange rate.

I'm interested in these passes (has to be consecutive days) which are included in the Epic Pass:

7 days Three Valleys (I'll need this pass anyway, via Epic Pass or not)
5 days Verbier (happy for an excuse to ski there again!) - has to be redeemed in conjunction with booking accommodation, but there are some good value options
Andermatt unlimited access (never been, but really want to try it)
5 days Hakuba Valley Japan (been meaning to go there, good excuse to get it sorted)
5 days Rusutsu Japan (could definitely shoehorn it into a trip, even if not using all the days)

Excluding Andermatt, there's approx. just over £1000 of value assuming I can make it back to Japan this winter. Add considerably more value if I ski more than a few days in Andermatt.

Plus I'll have the additional option to ski various resorts in the US with unlimited access and Canada (7 days access), effectively for free, if I can make it work.

Is anyone here a previous or regular buyer of this pass?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm a semi-regular buyer. I've never previously used it outside North America, but this year I plan also to use it in Madonna, Italy.

Prices rise frequently as the year progresse and the best deal has already passed, so check your dates carefully if you plan to buy.

There are a few UK agents, too, which may offer better prices depending on exchange rates, and which may also offer better customer service. For 2021, the season that never happened, I bought mine from American Ski Classics, who arranged a group refund for all their clients long before most buyers were refunded when, inevitably, the claims system became overwhelmed. Another year a missing pass (lost in post) was sorted out extremely quickly by ASC when I couldn't get through to Epic directly.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've bought them before but then I have friends in Tahoe and have done time around Colorado too. Last winter did 2 weeks across Whister, KH and Fernie.

I think now Andermatt is on you can probably just about make it work for Europe only ( don't know if they've actually closed on the Andermatt deal yet. Also usable in Brenta Dollies still I think but it's far better value if you're going to be doing a 2 week swing in US or Canada ( except Utah where it sucks donkey balls compared to Ikon)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
How many days do you plan to ski and how much traveling do you typically do?

I don't know of too many people who can pull off a trip to Japan AND a trip to the US in the same season, while still putting in enough number of days in Europe to take advantage of what the pass offers.

I'm a "regular" buyer of the pass. But that's because I live in the US. And even for me, I can only manage 2 trips, 1 to Colorado and 1 to either Tahoe or a repeat of Colorado. The year when I did Japan, I did manage 1 trip to Colorado and 1 to Tahoe plus 1 to Whistler. But that was the year when I was unemployed from November to May. Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have bought it a few times and it's worked well for me. Used it 1st time in Europe (3v) last season, very easy to use. Currently researching super ski card for next season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There is also a week in the Dolomites, and 3 days in Alberg.

https://www.epicpass.com/region/europe.aspx

We already have the 22/23 Magicpass, but if the Andermatt deal goes through, will definitely get it for 23/24 as it is worth it for Europe alone to me.
(Andermatt is one of the closest resorts, about 5:30 drive from Lux, and have 2 kids and other family & friends in BC)

Though I read somewhere, probably in Snowheads, that Tignes? was considering lowering season pass price as a replacement for owner discount, so hopefully the US model will finally make it to Europe. Our 93/94 Tignes, VdI season passes were Ffr 4,620 ie eur 705, so can’t wait to buy the Epic pass
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
abc wrote:

I don't know of too many people who can pull off a trip to Japan AND a trip to the US in the same season, while still putting in enough number of days in Europe to take advantage of what the pass offers.

Yes you're probably right, unlikely I would do both in one season!

The value is probably marginal (and restrictive) if not visiting the US, but would make much more sense if I end up doing a US trip instead of Japan this winter, plus potentially a few weeks in Europe.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Andermatt deal has been finalised, so included in the 22/23 epic pass
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Prices increase from 5th Sept so if you haven't got your epic pass now's the time.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Do you not need to be a North American resident to get the Epic Pass (or is that Edge)?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No. They just won't it to you over here I don't think.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I seem to recall trying to buy it and the small print saying only for North American addresses (could be I was confusing that with postage rather than right to purchase).

If any snowHead could clarify that would be great as keen to buy before prices rise. Thanks.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I bought one last year (Tahoe local pass) and they had no issue shipping it to the UK.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We bought through American Ski Classics but got emailed by Epic to register the passes. I haven't done it yet but I believe they send them to you now even in UK.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gainz wrote:
We bought through American Ski Classics but got emailed by Epic to register the passes. I haven't done it yet but I believe they send them to you now even in UK.

Done now, they are posting in due course.
ski holidays
Triple checking the official Whistler Blackcomb website and Edge Cards are definitely exclusive to residents of Canada and Washington State. The weekend I am looking to visit is £259 for a two day lift ticket (before prices increase next week) and yet with the Edge Card the same weekend is just £134.

Which leads me to wonder if I were to give a Canadian friend's address for delivery, how would anyone know I was not a Canadian/ Washington State resident?? I have never had a lift ticket checked at WB.

Am I missing something? Puzzled
ski holidays
@Gainz, have clicked through American Ski Classics' website and this seems to be the answer. Thank you.
ski holidays
If your pass fails to ship to the UK, as happened to my wife last year, you can simply collect a ticket office to print a new one when you arrive in North America. I don't know if that works if your first day is in an affiliate resort rather than one run by Vail Resorts, though.
ski holidays
Snowsartre wrote:
Triple checking the official Whistler Blackcomb website and Edge Cards are definitely exclusive to residents of Canada and Washington State. The weekend I am looking to visit is £259 for a two day lift ticket (before prices increase next week) and yet with the Edge Card the same weekend is just £134.

Which leads me to wonder if I were to give a Canadian friend's address for delivery, how would anyone know I was not a Canadian/ Washington State resident?? I have never had a lift ticket checked at WB.

Am I missing something? Puzzled

Why not just buy Epic day passes before 5 September?
ski holidays
Sorry to highjack this thread @Musehead.
Didn't want to start a new one when the topic was so similar, but hoping for a bit of help and someone to explain in Layman's terms for me.

For some reason, i'm finding understanding the Epic Pass a struggle! I'm blaming sleep deprivation!

I'm heading to Whistler for 16 days in March 23, planning to ski 13 of those. The agency I booked the trip with, have suggested i get the Whistler day pass for 10 days and then another 3 day pass. She said this will cost £744 if purchased on the website.
When I went to buy the pass, I noticed the Epic season pass which seems to be unlimited days in Whistler and also 7 days in a few other European resorts as well.

I'm assuming the site is in American Dollars, rather than Canadian Dollars, (how do you tell the difference?) but even if it is American Dollars, converting the cost seems to suggest that it would cost £20 more to buy the season pass at £766 and then I could visit other resorts this season as well, Like 3V. Andermatt and the Dolomites? Have i got that right?

Thanks very much!
latest report
@rhythmpig, epic pass is 879USD. Unlimited days at Whistler. For euro resorts some are unlimited days and others are limited number. There used to be some caveats for certain euro resorts e.g. you have to stay at select accomodation, not sure if that's still the case for any but maybe double check if there is one you are specifically interested in. Yes it's unbelievable value if you can make use of it.
snow report
@rhythmpig,
You also get food/drink and other assorted discounts with an epic pass.
WB season pass break even used to be about 15 days. Now with epic pass being a bit cheaper, and non epic pass tickets more expensive, it is even less days to break even
Also I seem to recall getting something about day tickets being limited to give passholders priority.
ski holidays
Brilliant! Cheers both!
That massively sweetens the deal! It was a pricey 2 weeks, but squeezing in a few extra weeks and weekends makes that a bargain! It seemed way too good to be true and knowing my luck, I would've bought it, then realised it wasnt the right pass. Much appreciated!
snow report
@Snowsartre, you're welcome.

On another note anything more than 10 days would make better sense to get the season pass which also has no blackout days. In April it was $649 plus 10 free buddy tickets. I missed it by a few days unfortunately.
snow report
@Gainz,
I think with the exchange rate that'll soon be about gbp64900000000 wink
latest report
Got our passes on 19th October through the post. Smooth process so chuffed and now counting the sleeps until we go (91!)
latest report
Epic pass is one of the best deals in skiing for sure. Vail Resorts' reputation is not very good now so the experience is debatable, but the mountains and terrain access is unprecedented for that price. Ikon Pass comes close.
latest report
Mine came too! Such a great deal! Already booked an extra unexpected apartment in 3V to make the most of it too. Thanks so much for your help all!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know if the pass covers summer lifts too?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy