Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chill Factore - Positive Improvements

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wanted to pop up a quick post to discuss Chill Factore Manchester. It's now just over a year since it was acquired by Snow Centres (Hemel) and I have to say as a plain old civilian pass holder the place has gone from acceptable in the main to actually, bloody good!

My view is that it's gone from being a family sports outfit that tolerates serious skiers, to being a serious skiing venue which tolerates family sports to bring in a sensible amount of revenue.

The barcode scanners (!) have gone on the slope, and the reception has been chopped about into a much larger affair plus there are about a dozen self check in kiosks now vice the original three. I haven't had to queue once to be honest, and famously under the old regime you couldn't do owt at this place without a queue. A long queue!

The changing areas have been chopped about - there are now dozens of changing cubicles rather than the original 3 or so lol, and they've demolished a lot of the walls that boxed the place in and made it a much brighter and more open plan affair.

The lodge upstairs has been reopened, rather than the abandoned wasteland it was for years previously, and all the staff seem to be well motivated and helpful as ever - the staff really are one of the best bits of the centre to be honest.

On the snow, features and moguls etc continue to be well managed, there is a proper ladies night, and they shut the slope for proper Olympic training sessions again putting the sport first. The snow is back to top form, theres plenty of it and it's a steady -4/-6 round the clock.

I just paid £55.30 for a one month pass in June and went 18 times meaning I paid £3 a visit, or more accurately - £1 an hour.

As nothing more than an absolute punter at the place with no links to anybody or anything to do with it, I can only say to those who haven't been for a while, give it a whirl. The place is a credit to the management, to the leadership from Hemel and the men and women who keep the wheels turning.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will there be an improper ladies night - or even a man's night ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MorningGory wrote:
Will there be an improper ladies night - or even a man's night ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You still haven’t made yer mind up, about your identity, have you?

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@AL9000, it depends on the length of the queue for the toilets Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Has that little pizza bar reopened?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MorningGory, Dirty boy!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon wrote:
Has that little pizza bar reopened?

It's now the reception desk
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@userscott, Thanks. Worth a look over the summer.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A question for the Chill Factore locals.

Are there shower facilities at the centre? I'm going to be up for a weekend in September, and hotel prices are expensive, so i'm thinking i'll stay in the van nearby, maybe even in the car park of the centre, but would need shower facilities.

I'll ring and ask if needs be, but thought i'd try the knowledgeable folk on here first!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
swskier wrote:
A question for the Chill Factore locals.

Are there shower facilities at the centre? I'm going to be up for a weekend in September, and hotel prices are expensive, so i'm thinking i'll stay in the van nearby, maybe even in the car park of the centre, but would need shower facilities.

I'll ring and ask if needs be, but thought i'd try the knowledgeable folk on here first!

No
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy